PDA

View Full Version : For Honor BETA Gameplay Review

Zedoax
02-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Hi,
I recently was able to enjoy the beta experience of For Honor. I must say, I absolutely love the combat, and had fun playing as each of the classes available. I only noticed small bugs with the combat that can be found and fixed easily enough. Next, the graphics were stunning. I initially played this game on my testing rig, which ran an old Radeon card, but the game remained seamless. When I started playing on my 1080, I was blown away. The scenery depicted on the field of battle allows for an ever so brief respite from the intense focus you have to maintain in gameplay. The biggest flaw I found by far was the multiplayer system. When trying to play 4 v 4 without friends, it took upwards of 2 hours to get into a match. Granted, when you have a full party this becomes extremely easy. I think that was the biggest drawback, as well as connections dropping at random times in the main menu. All in all I think this game has great potential, and I am seriously looking forward to checking out each class to it's fullest, and what kind of cool new game modes can come from this excitingly unique combat experience.

Pros:
+ Great gameplay and combat-focused game
+ Stunning visuals, played well on a GTX 1070, 1080, and Radeon 290
+ Gameplay is well balanced. Even with NPC teamates, the multiplayer experience didn't deteriorate
Cons:
- Multiplayer lobby loading times (took hours to find a match)
- Random connection drops
- Classes need a lot of fine-tuning

Overall: 8/10

Egotistic_Ez
02-06-2017, 11:03 AM
The biggest flaw I found by far was the multiplayer system. When trying to play 4 v 4 without friends, it took upwards of 2 hours to get into a match.

Mind if I ask where you're from? My longest queue for a dominion match was barely more than a few minutes.

Zedoax
02-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Mind if I ask where you're from? My longest queue for a dominion match was barely more than a few minutes.

No problem, I was playing in Eastern US on a gigabit connection.