PDA

View Full Version : E sports

isthil89
02-05-2017, 09:39 AM
how can this game ever have E sports when its p2p or any type of ranked or competitive game modes

bsftsfk
02-05-2017, 09:49 AM
how can this game ever have E sports when its p2p or any type of ranked or competitive game modes

look, truth is: very few people on this forum have enough technical knowledges to judge if this system is good or not.

However, if you still just want to argue about this topic with someone, no need to create new thread - there are plenty of them here - just join one. Or even go to discord community - you will have more instant pointless arguing about this topic with more people.

Reaper_Sykko
02-05-2017, 12:03 PM
look, truth is: very few people on this forum have enough technical knowledges to judge if this system is good or not.

However, if you still just want to argue about this topic with someone, no need to create new thread - there are plenty of them here - just join one. Or even go to discord community - you will have more instant pointless arguing about this topic with more people.

ye , also its not P2P its somthing else they came up with.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1567536-Ubisoft-Responds-to-P2P-Questions-and-Explains-how-it-works-(Sort-of)?highlight=interview

Dez_troi_aR
02-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Thank you!

TheRealNichivo
02-05-2017, 04:34 PM
ye , also its not P2P its somthing else they came up with.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1567536-Ubisoft-Responds-to-P2P-Questions-and-Explains-how-it-works-(Sort-of)?highlight=interview

It's p2p. In fact him calling it, "The Simulation" is damn near plagiaristic of an article written by Professor Fernando Bevilacqua years ago on the subject of, "building peer to peer multiplayer networked games".

Seriously! If you want to white knight this, at least take a class or something first, before you try and tell me to toss my education out the door, and that a game with host migrations, is something all new called "the simulation" and not a peer to peer network. No amount of smoke and mirrors, will change the fact they are using a peer to peer network for this game.

Waynedetta40k
02-05-2017, 04:46 PM
It's p2p. In fact him calling it, "The Simulation" is damn near plagiaristic of an article written by Professor Fernando Bevilacqua years ago on the subject of, "building peer to peer multiplayer networked games".

Seriously! If you want to white knight this, at least take a class or something first, before you try and tell me to toss my education out the door, and that a game with host migrations, is something all new called "the simulation" and not a peer to peer network. No amount of smoke and mirrors, will change the fact they are using a peer to peer network for this game.

I want to believe this guy that the new system which is based of traditional p2p systems works good enough. Its kinda hilarious that you think you know more about a new system than one of their designers does. I mean yea its based of P2P but how would you know that is has the exact same problems?
Disscussing it wont do any good either because its set in stone. Any rational thinking leads to 2 conclusions:

Either you play it or not.

After I read the Interview I actually preorderd, I really like the game and believe this guy that the simulation works good enough to have aproper ranked and competitive experience.

TheRealNichivo
02-05-2017, 04:58 PM
I want to believe this guy that the new system which is based of traditional p2p systems works good enough. Its kinda hilarious that you think you know more about a new system than one of their designers does. I mean yea its based of P2P but how would you know that is has the exact same problems?
Disscussing it wont do any good either because its set in stone. Any rational thinking leads to 2 conclusions:

Either you play it or not.

After I read the Interview I actually preorderd, I really like the game and believe this guy that the simulation works good enough to have aproper ranked and competitive experience.

I actually pre ordered and will play until I get fed up with host migrations. I'm just getting tired of people claiming it is not peer to peer.

Waynedetta40k
02-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I actually pre ordered and will play until I get fed up with host migrations. I'm just getting tired of people claiming it is not peer to peer.

Its an improved version of the traditional p2p thats what i understood from that interview and therefore no one knows how good it works after launch. So people who are saying its not p2p seem to refer to traditional p2p systems.

TheRealNichivo
02-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Its an improved version of the traditional p2p thats what i understood from that interview and therefore no one knows how good it works after launch. So people who are saying its not p2p seem to refer to traditional p2p systems.

It's going to suffer from Host Migrations, or maybe I am going to suffer from them. I personally find Host Migrations annoying to say the least. I plan to play until it either annoys me into moving on, or they change it.

Dez_troi_aR
02-05-2017, 06:13 PM
It's going to suffer from Host Migrations, or maybe I am going to suffer from them. I personally find Host Migrations annoying to say the least. I plan to play until it either annoys me into moving on, or they change it.

Correct me if i am wrong but while i can understand concerns about bad ping of individual players, i really do not see how 5 seconds of "finding a new host" is such a big problem.
Players leaving should not be a common thing and if it becomes one then there should be a penalty system.

LordJownz
02-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Correct me if i am wrong but while i can understand concerns about bad ping of individual players, i really do not see how 5 seconds of "finding a new host" is such a big problem.
Players leaving should not be a common thing and if it becomes one then there should be a penalty system.

They plan on having ranked and tourney play. So what happens when 1 team is losing and they have the host on their side. Then the host unplugs his Ethernet cable. What now ? Start all over ?

TheRealNichivo
02-05-2017, 06:49 PM

I'm not as concerned with latency, it can be handled by workaround like interpolation, extrapolation, unless it is really high then simply disconnecting the offending peer is usually a better option. Of course this could cause a need to re sync, which I also find annoying.

As for people leaving being punished, under the current system, that would almost be akin to beating a pedestrian with a club, for being run over by a car in a crosswalk.

I'm not even saying that non authoritative peer to peer is all bad, but it still has issues.

At the end of the day, I am still going to play even if I do see the midget behind the curtain. lol

D_cover
02-06-2017, 01:14 AM

I would save punishments for ranked games where a player rage quitting can cost their team the game or under perform. I've seen some people on YouTube underestimate the AI of bots so they aren't always cannon fodder.

But yeah the basic punishing of giving a timed ban stops most hard core players in CS GO. I think with most players like myself that really want to learn and enjoy the challenge from quitting mid game.

Just give them something like a 30 minute ban and if they continue increase the time. Seems like a good system.

Avirex_Idyll
02-06-2017, 03:21 AM

While i'm not to familiar with p2p and how it may or may not effect Esports, i believe the game will have ranked matches eventually. Wouldn't that help those looking for a more competitive area to test their skills?

GIjoeyjojoe
02-06-2017, 10:40 AM

pretty sure it wont matter they would just have it so every other match they switch hosts.

I wonder how many of these p2p complaints are due to people not having their timing down with blocking and combos vs people who were actually having issues.

Egotistic_Ez
02-06-2017, 11:07 AM
pretty sure it wont matter they would just have it so every other match they switch hosts.

I wonder how many of these p2p complaints are due to people not having their timing down with blocking and combos vs people who were actually having issues.

Many players were flat out being disconnected from games, and there are vids around the forums of hits that don't register and players teleporting.

I'll be interested to see how it fairs in the open beta. An Ubisoft rep on reddit said the dcs had nothing to do with p2p but something else on their end (very vague).