PDA

View Full Version : Any official word on dedicated servers?

PaUZZze
02-03-2017, 03:09 AM
Because I sent an invite to brother for the closed beta but I couldn't play with him because his NAT type was strict. Do I just have him call his internet service provider and have them open the ports on the router or something? Idk. I'm not tech savvy at all. I'd appreciate your help on this moderator, if you have the time. He's not 100% if he's gonna get the game but I know if he'd be able to play it he'd probably flip out and place a pre order right away lol.

Dez_troi_aR
02-03-2017, 03:24 AM
Well, if the ports you need for gaming are closed, you cant game...
You need to find out which ports are used by for honor and open them. Is your brother living in a student dorm or something? Because landlords like to block ports, that seems to be an international rule.

btw i d like to know the ports, too. Then i could do some port forwarding :)

Last comment: The threat title has absolutly nothing to do with the question. If For Honor has its own servers has nothing to do with your brothers internet connection :D Can he play other games online ?

PaUZZze
02-03-2017, 03:37 AM
Oh boy lol how do I find out what ports for honor is using to open them? And no he can play any other game just fine.

I heard matches are run by hosting. Which would make sense because of all the connection issues during the beta. So either there actually dedicated servers and I sound like an idiot right now. Or its hosting and my brother would need to know how to get it working. PS4 btw. Like I said, im not tech savvy at all lol.

Soul.RED
02-03-2017, 04:16 AM
Oh boy lol how do I find out what ports for honor is using to open them? And no he can play any other game just fine.

I heard matches are run by hosting. Which would make sense because of all the connection issues during the beta. So either there actually dedicated servers and I sound like an idiot right now. Or its hosting and my brother would need to know how to get it working. PS4 btw. Like I said, im not tech savvy at all lol.

as i know, it's confirmed to be P2P / listen host hybrid system

PaUZZze
02-03-2017, 04:41 AM
as i know, it's confirmed to be P2P / listen host hybrid system

I see. So you knw what people with strict hat types are to do?

PaUZZze
02-03-2017, 04:42 AM
Lol...hat types...

Scaevus
02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
The only way is using a VPN, only this helped me