PDA

View Full Version : The Valkyrie; what will she be? The BEST hero, obviously.

levirexjones
02-02-2017, 10:40 PM
I love this game... let's start there. Played the Closed Beta non-stop.

Fave Heroes: Nobushi, Warlord, Kensei
I knew they would be my faves as the naginata is my favourite historical weapon followed by the gladius and shield combo.
Kensei comes in because Ranmaru was my main in Samurai Warriors.

Now, on to the Valkyrie. She will definitely be my fourth.
She is described as Hybrid. What does that mean? See below...

Lawbringer: Heavy/Vanguard
Nobushi: Assasin/Vanguard
Valkyrie: Assasin/Heavy

Using that as a foundation, let's delve deeper into Valkyrie.

There will be similarities to Conquerer and Berserker.
Her profile (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/game-info/heroes/valkyrie.aspx) states her as "very good at keeping the enemy off-balance." This is not disimilar to the Conquerer, which says "they destabilize... opponents..."
We also read "Complex Combos" and "Can Use Shield To Attack" which translates pretty well into the description found on the Berserker profile; "infinite chain attacks."

From a larger perspective...
Conquerer, Warlord and Valkyrie all have shields yet only the Valkyrie "can use shield to attack." The two other shield wielding Heroes have Defensive Mode. This puts the Valkyrie dual-wielding ability more in the Peacekeeper/Berserker realm. However, it IS still a shield.

What will we see..
As all Assassins have a method of repelling attacks (Orochi, Peacekeeper, Berserker with Deflect and Nobushi with Hidden Stance), she will have certainly have an alternate method as well. Let's hope it is a new mechanic :)
She will have fairly long Attack Chains, certainly more than 2 max.Or she will possess the ability to cancel recovery frames like the Nobushi Kick and Hidden Stance.
These Attack Chain animations will use the shield OR Shield Attacks will be like the Nobushi Kick and be the bridge between her Attack Chains, creating the "complex combos."

Random thoughts...

I think she will have a mechanic that puts the opponent on the floor.
What does Excellent At Takedowns(read. kills) really mean?
She will be considered OP as her ability to use the spear at long distance and shield to create space will be Nobushi deja vu.
She won't have Bleed but she will certainly have more health than Peacekeeper and Nobushi

This is all just spitballing from an excited fan.

Respond with your own ideas of what you think and also any critiques of what I posted.

Malec1983
02-03-2017, 12:45 AM
she will have a good dodge, and will be fast overall like assins
she will have a regular guard mode and dont have to time it like assasins
she will have the same low health like assins
she will have all guard stance, like all shield classes
she will have a bleed attack, cause vikings dont have one so far

thats my guess at least

ekahn6
02-03-2017, 07:28 AM
I'm guessing that instead of bleed she'll have knockdowns or stuns. Probably less about doing damage with DoTs and more about CC abilities or counters.

EDIT: In fact, after watching the video again, I'm fairly certain she has at least one knockdown attack. She's shown to do the same move twice, tripping an enemy.

levirexjones
02-03-2017, 10:03 PM
she has at least one knockdown attack. She's shown to do the same move twice, tripping an enemy.

Is that animation her execution?

I see three..

Body Chop/Headbutt
Trip and Impale
Through-The-Neck Behind-The-Back Pool Shot

AveImperator85
02-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Given what I've seen of the Nobushi, I've figured out exactly what they mean by Hybrid.

The Nobushi plays like an Assassin, but she has Vanguard talents/perks/traits/whatever you want to call them.

The Valkyrie will likely play similar to a Heavy (note, she's the third shield-user) and will have Assassin talents.

The Lawbringer I'm guessing will play like a Vanguard and have Heavy talents.

Altair_Snake
02-04-2017, 08:42 AM
I think I read a vague comment from one of the NDA folks who did the technical test... that she is good at chasing people who are trying to flee form the fight. And someone else had described her as extremely complex. And I remember many mentions of she being OP. I guess she is out o fthe beta because she is being nerfed. :P

NPG_Opie
02-05-2017, 11:07 AM
I can't wait to try the Valkyrie! Since her announcement that's the one new class that has me excited.

O2357
02-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Shield + spear? So 300 of them can withstand 10000 Persians. That means, one can withstand 33 enemies.

Egotistic_Ez
02-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Shield + spear? So 300 of them can withstand 10000 Persians. That means, one can withstand 33 enemies.

Been a while since I watched that movie (or studied ancient history) but didn't the Spartans lose to 10,000 Persians?

Eleanor-Ripley
02-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Im hoping shes somewhat of a CC-character. Abit more complex to play than the other 3 vikings.

levirexjones
02-07-2017, 09:32 PM
She actually got a bleed attack but only after a parry.

Is this true? Is this confirmed?

levirexjones
02-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Yoooo!

Check this out.

I see a lot of Assasin perks here; boosts after Takedowns and projectile feats.
Tho, Rush iirc is a Warlord (read. Heavy) feat?!

Hard character. Website originally said Medium
Also, under description: Adaptable. Disabler.

Thoughts?!

https://app.box.com/representation/file_version_141684790387/image_2048/1.png

https://app.box.com/representation/file_version_141688470097/image_2048/1.png

Eleanor-Ripley
02-08-2017, 04:11 AM
A heavy/assassin mix sounds awefully interesting tbh.
I noticed in the ubi website, that Lawbringer was classified as a heavy/vanguard mix and hoped vikings got something in those lines. This however sounds cooler :)

Hope shes balaned though. A heavy and durable fighter with good defense coupled with strong offense could be OP.
But loving the idea so far :)

Egotistic_Ez
02-08-2017, 04:26 AM
A heavy/assassin mix sounds awefully interesting tbh.
I noticed in the ubi website, that Lawbringer was classified as a heavy/vanguard mix and hoped vikings got something in those lines. This however sounds cooler :)

Hope shes balaned though. A heavy and durable fighter with good defense coupled with strong offense could be OP.
But loving the idea so far :)

Well she has a shield, but she only has the vanguard style defence since that's the halfway between assassin and heavy. Does have shield bashes, dodges, and lunges though..

ekahn6
02-08-2017, 05:04 AM
Yoooo!

Check this out.

I see a lot of Assasin perks here; boosts after Takedowns and projectile feats.
Tho, Rush iirc is a Warlord (read. Heavy) feat?!

Hard character. Website originally said Medium
Also, under description: Adaptable. Disabler.

Thoughts?!

https://app.box.com/representation/file_version_141684790387/image_2048/1.png

https://app.box.com/representation/file_version_141688470097/image_2048/1.png

The pics won't load, where'd you see them?

Eleanor-Ripley
02-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Well she has a shield, but she only has the vanguard style defence since that's the halfway between assassin and heavy. Does have shield bashes, dodges, and lunges though..
Thats pretty awesome tbh. I mained a Raider in the beta and his defence was impressive. Not having to constantly apply a block is a big advantage in this game.

levirexjones
02-08-2017, 11:33 PM
The pics won't load, where'd you see them?

Oh I messed it up

This should work now...

http://imgh.us/valk1.jpg

and

http://imgh.us/valk2.jpg

Eleanor-Ripley
02-09-2017, 06:36 AM
Really loving the info so far.