PDA

View Full Version : Who would like larger scale battles?

Illyrian_King
02-02-2017, 02:48 AM
Hello reader!

I personally would love to see For Honor with larger minion based battles ... like the principe of the Operations Mode ^^

Please tell me if you would also like it and explain if you want.

O2357
02-02-2017, 11:34 AM
No. The combat system is made for 1:1 (at least at a time). More minions (and more players) would be pointless.

Illyrian_King
02-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Hey no i don't mean having more players on the field ... not neccessarilly ^^

I am talking more about a longer dominion mode with more places you fight at and more minions

MrWTF
02-02-2017, 10:08 PM
I already think running is frustratingly slow with some characters like warlord xD Not really annoying but I'm just sayin'... longer maps means alot more pointless running. Which means less action :/
The maps are pretty big already if you keep in mind that there are really only 8 "people" on the entire map.

PS: Minions aren't people, they are trash.

Dez_troi_aR
02-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Look illyrianslayer, i know you are really into the *read in Donald Trump voice* "Huuuuuuuughe battle" idea but For Honors mechanics just arent made for them.

They always tried to base theirr advertisement on spectacular scenes from Dominion but it has always been clear that dominion is at its best when important 1v1 duels happen where the victor takes the zone. What was happing during the closed beta was that players didnt even bother to focus on guarding their zones (even if it would have been the reasonable choice) but just captured it and then ran right into the minion line, ganging up on enemy players --> gankfest was the result.

And the game isnt, isnt and isnt enjoyable when fighting 1vs2+ . Its just not. Not even for me and i loved every second of the beta and am a die hard fan. 1vs2+ It is a phase you can try to survive but even a pro will need to trigger revenge, which is basically just a tool to make ganging-up less efficient, essentially trying to prevent the situation alltogether.

I would say the game is most enjoyable at the moment if you hop into 1v1 or 2v2 right away.

But Dominion can still be great. If the players of both teams play tactically, play for the zones, then more 1v1 situations take place. A duel in Dominion is very cool, because a lot can depend on it for your team etc.

So i say : Dominion will be a success ONLY if they manage to separate the players ! (slightly bigger maps could be an option)

But more players will work into the opposite direction. I would even argue that 3v3 in dominion would be better than 4v4 so every heroe would have its zone to fight for and ganing up would be less common.

Maybe you need to give me a better idea about how you imagine the players to interact so i can agree with you.

At the moment i am totally happy about the introduction of ranked and about the tourney mode. The game shines when its warrior against warrior in skillfull combat and not when 8 players-wildly-swing-their-sword-not-sure-on-which-enemy-they-are-actually-locked-on-atm-but-hopin the-next-heavy-will-connect-with-someone-AAAARGH

That is plain to see. So yes, i still dont want 8v8 or something, and people who buy the game because they think its a gritty version of dynasty warriors will after exactly 1 hour and 17 minutes ingame
1. : Flame ubisoft
2. : Say the game is **** and unresponsive and imba and too slow and needs dragons
3. : Will never be seen again
4. : Go back to playing Dynasty warriors somewhere in a deep dark cave under a Rock

Reaper_Sykko
02-02-2017, 10:45 PM
the only thing i could think about that would work with the for honor mechanics is : have a mode where you have attackers and defenders , defenders need to defend some sort of stone or commander npc or whatever you want , to get to this objective ther are 3 gates you need to break to get in. defend the gates and stop the attacking team from geting to the stone.

so it would be a mode thats longer than dominion because ther are 3 phases; 3 gates to break

no clue how attacking the gate would look like or work lol same for the stone/commander.

EDIT:Oh i gots it , in each phase you wont be able to go trough the door but the defending team will come from the other side of the gate and you will have to fight them + minions, you get points from Killing minions and players , after reaching a certain amount of points , lets say 300 points, the defending team will be "breaking" , once you wipe them while they are breaking the door will break and open and now you are on the next phase , rince and repeat untill you reach the last room with the commander.

in order for the defending team to win they just need to hold the defence for idk 15mins?

also they could switch sides, have 2 rounds each team playing defence and then Attack , the team that cleared objectif faster wins.
so in the first round if the attackers broke the stone in 7minutes , the team who played defence will only have 7minutes to break the stone on the second round of the game where they play attackers.

Dez_troi_aR
02-02-2017, 10:53 PM
EDIT:Oh i gots it , in each phase you wont be able to go trough the door but the defending team will come from the other side of the gate and you will have to fight them + minions, you get points from Killing minions and players , after reaching a certain amount of points , lets say 300 points, the defending team will be "breaking" , once you wipe them while they are breaking the door will break and open and now you are on the next phase , rince and repeat untill you reach the last room with the commander.

in order for the defending team to win they just need to hold the defence for idk 15mins?

also they could switch sides, have 2 rounds each team playing defence and then Attack , the team that cleared objectif faster wins.

Okok, sounds cool in theory.... but the problem is that the deciding moments are happening in 3vs3 or 4vs4 situations were whole teams hack at each other. THat will only work well 1 out of ten times when players accidently seperate in nice pairs of 1vs1. the other 9 times it will be hack n slash. And hack n slash in for honor isnt fun. The game is designed around a lock on mechanic, taking your time, playing tactical, making choices etc.

What you suggest will produce a nice screenshot when the players are storming the gate (happens at the beginning of dominion btw) and then everybody will flame that the game is broken. Instead, we could just play the game the way it is designed to be played...

If you want more players so badly you need to give them seperate paths and objectives.

Reaper_Sykko
02-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Okok, sounds cool in theory.... but the problem is that the deciding moments are happening in 3vs3 or 4vs4 situations were whole teams hack at each other. THat will only work well 1 out of ten times when players accidently seperate in nice pairs of 1vs1. the other 9 times it will be hack n slash. And hack n slash in for honor isnt fun. The game is designed around a lock on mechanic, taking your time, playing tactical, making choices etc.

What you suggest will produce a nice screenshot when the players are storming the gate (happens at the beginning of dominion btw) and then everybody will flame that the game is broken. Instead, we could just play the game the way it is designed to be played...

If you want more players so badly you need to give them seperate paths and objectives.

yeah im actually really satisfied with how dominion is , this is just an idea of a game mode but yeah in order for it to work the rooms for each gate should be really big or have multiple paths , but honestly i dont care lol i love this game the way it is , just add dedicated servers and remove genderlocks and the game is perfect for me

Illyrian_King
02-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Look illyrianslayer, i know you are really into the *read in Donald Trump voice* "Huuuuuuuughe battle" idea but For Honors mechanics just arent made for them.

They always tried to base theirr advertisement on spectacular scenes from Dominion but it has always been clear that dominion is at its best when important 1v1 duels happen where the victor takes the zone. What was happing during the closed beta was that players didnt even bother to focus on guarding their zones (even if it would have been the reasonable choice) but just captured it and then ran right into the minion line, ganging up on enemy players --> gankfest was the result.

And the game isnt, isnt and isnt enjoyable when fighting 1vs2+ . Its just not. Not even for me and i loved every second of the beta and am a die hard fan. 1vs2+ It is a phase you can try to survive but even a pro will need to trigger revenge, which is basically just a tool to make ganging-up less efficient, essentially trying to prevent the situation alltogether.

I would say the game is most enjoyable at the moment if you hop into 1v1 or 2v2 right away.

But Dominion can still be great. If the players of both teams play tactically, play for the zones, then more 1v1 situations take place. A duel in Dominion is very cool, because a lot can depend on it for your team etc.

So i say : Dominion will be a success ONLY if they manage to separate the players ! (slightly bigger maps could be an option)

But more players will work into the opposite direction. I would even argue that 3v3 in dominion would be better than 4v4 so every heroe would have its zone to fight for and ganing up would be less common.

Maybe you need to give me a better idea about how you imagine the players to interact so i can agree with you.

At the moment i am totally happy about the introduction of ranked and about the tourney mode. The game shines when its warrior against warrior in skillfull combat and not when 8 players-wildly-swing-their-sword-not-sure-on-which-enemy-they-are-actually-locked-on-atm-but-hopin the-next-heavy-will-connect-with-someone-AAAARGH

That is plain to see. So yes, i still dont want 8v8 or something, and people who buy the game because they think its a gritty version of dynasty warriors will after exactly 1 hour and 17 minutes ingame
1. : Flame ubisoft
2. : Say the game is **** and unresponsive and imba and too slow and needs dragons
3. : Will never be seen again
4. : Go back to playing Dynasty warriors somewhere in a deep dark cave under a Rock

You are misunderstanding what I am saying ^^
I don't mean more players neccessarily, but more action going on the field with more parts of the battle and stuff like castle storming (also in more parts) as a kind of larger and longer Dominion

It can be remain 4vs4 with pleasure!

My point is just, that the current Dominion mode is a bit tiny after a short while, becuase it's just about fighting for a castle gate and that's it ...
Less then 10 minutes in most cases and not something really great going on!

My opinion is the following: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1562905-More-battlefield-dynamism-PLEASE!
If you have 2 minutes and are willing here it is.

The current Dominion is like a domesticated cat in my eyes ... all goes completely regulated and ordered and remains tiny
A bigger additional mode would be great in my eyes ( Make For Honor Great Again ;) )

@MrWTF: Of course minions aren't players, but they fit well into the game and they make a good atmosphaer.
The field would look pretty empty without them, and Ubi could make even more out of them in my opion!

Dez_troi_aR
02-03-2017, 03:08 AM
You are misunderstanding what I am saying ^^
I don't mean more players neccessarily, but more action going on the field with more parts of the battle and stuff like castle storming (also in more parts) as a kind of larger and longer Dominion

It can be remain 4vs4 with pleasure!

My point is just, that the current Dominion mode is a bit tiny after a short while, becuase it's just about fighting for a castle gate and that's it ...
Less then 10 minutes in most cases and not something really great going on!

My opinion is the following: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1562905-More-battlefield-dynamism-PLEASE!
If you have 2 minutes and are willing here it is.

The current Dominion is like a domesticated cat in my eyes ... all goes completely regulated and ordered and remains tiny
A bigger additional mode would be great in my eyes ( Make For Honor Great Again ;) )

@MrWTF: Of course minions aren't players, but they fit well into the game and they make a good atmosphaer.
The field would look pretty empty without them, and Ubi could make even more out of them in my opion!

Ah, i remember that post and i guess i misunderstood you.

Yeah, i can imagine that there are quite some possibilities to spice it up! Maybe players would be more encouraged to stay somewhere and guard a zone if there would be packs of minions running there. Giving players something to kill could help spreading them out.

Dez_troi_aR
02-03-2017, 03:16 AM
I respectfully disagree. I think having a mode where you have a certain amount of attempts to siege a castle would be perfect for this game. It already has a rounds system and phases. They would just need to actually make the maps connect.

Creative game modes designed around storming a castle could be very cool, that is not my concern at all. Its just situations which could encourage ganks which would make me worry. If the castle-storming is designed very thoughtful so players would have to split up in groups of 2 or go for something single, AND if the enemy could only defend effectively by spreading out instead of grouping up, then it could work.
But most ideas i have read are centered around the idea of fighting somewhere 5vs5 with NPCs on top. And that doesnt really work in for honor. I love the fighting system but group fights arent fun. Of course there will always be people playing 4vs4 deathmatch for the fun of it but i dont think we need more of it.

So now that i have my 1v1, 2v2, ranked (!!!) and tourney, i dont mind them investing time in some creative storm-the-castle mode, but it needs to be really carefully designed to not turn into a ganky mess in front of a nice scenery. But if they can make it work, great!

Illyrian_King
02-03-2017, 09:19 AM
I respectfully disagree. I think having a mode where you have a certain amount of attempts to siege a castle would be perfect for this game. It already has a rounds system and phases. They would just need to actually make the maps connect.

Thanks ^^

Ah, i remember that post and i guess i misunderstood you.

Yeah, i can imagine that there are quite some possibilities to spice it up! Maybe players would be more encouraged to stay somewhere and guard a zone if there would be packs of minions running there. Giving players something to kill could help spreading them out.

Yeah, there are many possibilities to make the current Dominion Mode even more appealing!

Creative game modes designed around storming a castle could be very cool, that is not my concern at all. Its just situations which could encourage ganks which would make me worry. If the castle-storming is designed very thoughtful so players would have to split up in groups of 2 or go for something single, AND if the enemy could only defend effectively by spreading out instead of grouping up, then it could work.
But most ideas i have read are centered around the idea of fighting somewhere 5vs5 with NPCs on top. And that doesnt really work in for honor. I love the fighting system but group fights arent fun. Of course there will always be people playing 4vs4 deathmatch for the fun of it but i dont think we need more of it.

So now that i have my 1v1, 2v2, ranked (!!!) and tourney, i dont mind them investing time in some creative storm-the-castle mode, but it needs to be really carefully designed to not turn into a ganky mess in front of a nice scenery. But if they can make it work, great!

I also don't like ganks or zergs or what they are called ^^
But, you could avoid much stuff by making it for example this way: First fight for the gate (like in Dominion, Second fight in the inner court with new zones A,B,C and later inside the fortress&throneroom ... something of this template but also with sergeants at keypoints and archers on highspots, climbing ladders, etc (little variations are welcome of course ;) )
It could remain 4vs4 but it would be more massive and it wouldn't be over after 8 minutes.

xLeapingLizardx
02-03-2017, 09:23 AM
From what I am reading it seems like instead of saying "larger scale" battles, maybe the right word is more dynamic game modes?

More dynamic modes would be cool indeed! They would have to be carefully balanced and tested for sure!
Let's hope we get some post launch! :)

Illyrian_King
02-03-2017, 11:51 AM
From what I am reading it seems like instead of saying "larger scale" battles, maybe the right word is more dynamic game modes?

More dynamic modes would be cool indeed! They would have to be carefully balanced and tested for sure!
Let's hope we get some post launch! :)

Well in some kind I am talking about both ^^

More happening in the current content and adding a longer, bigger siege battle with more "steps"

Yvendel
02-07-2017, 11:12 PM
There is horses on campaign mode, just saying...

Illyrian_King
02-08-2017, 12:59 AM

All fine, but it's about more epic battles than Dominion ^^

D_cover
02-08-2017, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't mind a increase to 6 v 6 on a slightly larger map but I like it the way it is at the moment.

I think people just assume ubi can just flick a switch make a big map like Battlefield with it not taxing the engine or breaking the mechanics that are in place.

D_cover
02-08-2017, 01:02 AM

That was clearly on rails.

Illyrian_King
02-08-2017, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't mind a increase to 6 v 6 on a slightly larger map but I like it the way it is at the moment.

I think people just assume ubi can just flick a switch make a big map like Battlefield with it not taxing the engine or breaking the mechanics that are in place.

Well I am not even asking for 6vs6, but I wouldn't be against that at least if the map is big enough ...

BUT I hope, that the focus on future game modes won't be just at Elimination-like stuff ;b

More epic modes, because in my eyes Elimination, Brawl and Team Deathmatch is pretty much the same and Dominion is the only mode where something actually happens in some way.