PDA

View Full Version : Execution animation break

bsftsfk
02-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Hey, i've almost forgot about this issue because of all positive emotions after closed beta.

One of the deadliest mistakes while fighting alone against multiple enemies were executions. You see, sometimes i was reflexively pushing execute button and while animation was on, i was getting massive damage from other enemies. It's not like a big issue, because i can learn to avoid execution at all in such cases, but i'd say it would be way better if i'd have ability to stop my character from performing execution if i need so.

ChivNoble-NFK
02-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Hey, i've almost forgot about this issue because of all positive emotions after closed beta.

One of the deadliest mistakes while fighting alone against multiple enemies were executions. You see, sometimes i was reflexively pushing execute button and while animation was on, i was getting massive damage from other enemies. It's not like a big issue, because i can learn to avoid execution at all in such cases, but i'd say it would be way better if i'd have ability to stop my character from performing execution if i need so.

You can. You just have to release the "lock-on" button.

bsftsfk
02-01-2017, 06:13 PM
seriously? omg, how didn't i do that accidentally even once...

ChivNoble-NFK
02-01-2017, 06:20 PM
It took me some time to realize. lol

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Did following happen to any one else or was it just latency doing tricks? So atleast 3 times i did get killing blow to enemy and for few frames there was execution avaible but then maybe lag or somethig saved them and it was like they didnt take the last hit?

ChivNoble-NFK
02-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Did following happen to any one else or was it just latency doing tricks? So atleast 3 times i did get killing blow to enemy and for few frames there was execution avaible but then maybe lag or somethig saved them and it was like they didnt take the last hit?

Holy ****. Same here dude. I thought it was my connection. Omg, thank god there is another one xD

Kyoei
02-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Players should just be invulnerable during executions, because I actually try to execute as a tactic to stop reviving happening... ... and also SOME feats give HP and Sta for an execution... so what's the point if you have to cancel it all the time?

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Absolitly no invulnerability during executions because it would remove saving friends from geting executed,

Kyoei
02-01-2017, 07:53 PM
If they lost to the point where the enemy was good enough to execute them with an execution animation, it should favour the executioner, not your friend who obviously lost. By saving you mean cheap shotting the victor... very honorable...

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 10:43 PM
If they lost to the point where the enemy was good enough to execute them with an execution animation, it should favour the executioner, not your friend who obviously lost. By saving you mean cheap shotting the victor... very honorable...

Yes you are right. there is much more honor in watching friend geting decapitated. My mistake.

Eirmund
02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
It took me some time to realize. lol

Just looking for a bit of clarification here.

I took OP's post to mean that he wants a way to cancel executions in the midst of the ANIMATION. Not while your weapon is still in their body and you can hit choose to hit X/Square or Y/Triangle to perform said execution.

Do you mean that you can cancel it before starting the animation? Or do you mean that you can cancel it during the animation? Because I know i've never been able to cancel it during the animation.

Kyoei
02-02-2017, 02:48 AM
Yes you are right. there is much more honor in watching friend geting decapitated. My mistake.

If your English doesn't serve you well, you might want to look up the common phrase 'Dying with honor'... or maybe just the word 'honor', cause' that is what this games title implies, losing with honor etc. In other words, your friend shouldn't want you to save him, to save his honor. So yes, there IS honor in watching your friend take his death like a man with honor... you can take revenge sure, but cheap shotting the victor to 'save your friend' is completely dishonorable lol... hopefully you know the meaning now.

The Tzeentch
02-02-2017, 03:38 AM
^HC real life samurai here lol.

Yes in duels your honor diipadaapa might apply but in out on fields war there is no thing as watching friend dying 2m from you if you have slightest change to save them. But yeah teleport behind some one else with your wallmart katanas.

MrWTF
02-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Basically it's part of "the game". You try to kill your enemy, they try to save them, if you 100% could always execute, with no penalty, then you might as well always do it automatically. The risk of getting stabbed or an enemy reviving is there for a good reason. Basically your own arguement can be used against you

-"because I actually try to execute as a tactic to stop reviving happening"- Exactly, that's exactly what they are doing aswell, except you know, the opposite way, cuz.. you know.. they're your enemy.

The Tzeentch
02-02-2017, 10:50 PM
"MrWTF you are coward and scoundrel for robbing your allies from honorable death. You bring great shame for your family eons to come." -Kyoei

NPG_Opie
02-02-2017, 11:46 PM
That's the point! Think of in elimination rounds, just as it is a tactic for you to execute so they can't be revived it's a tactic for the other team to stop you from executing so they can revive! Can't tell you how awesome it feels to stop someone from executing my friends at the last second and be able to revive them.

If we couldn't interrupt the execution Gabe modes like elimination would be way less enjoyable.

Soul.RED
02-03-2017, 04:00 AM

maybe it's because for honor using P2P connection

Shuai8297
02-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Players should just be invulnerable during executions, because I actually try to execute as a tactic to stop reviving happening... ... and also SOME feats give HP and Sta for an execution... so what's the point if you have to cancel it all the time?

So you want executions to give health, stamina, prevent the killed player from being revived, add a delay to the killed player's respawn timer where applicable, and make the executioner invurnable while doing it?
There's litterally no reason for you not to execute someone when presented the opportunity with that implementation.
If you get yourself caught in an animation cutting somebody's head off, despite the fact that you had the choice not to, then you only have yourself to blame for dying.

Honor is a subjective ideal, you have the right to decide your own actions, but for you to cause your allies suffering merely in order to uphold your personal ideals is undisputably selfish.

In other words, your friend shouldn't want you to save him, to save his honor.

To treat your own ideals as objective truth, let alone force it upon others, however, is just pretentious.