PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break 2v1

PopoNPoppy
02-01-2017, 04:54 PM
I have played since the first beta so I had the advantage against newer players. I can engage 2-4 players and win consistently IF they dont know the guard break cheese.

All you have to do to win a 2v1 is have one player spam attack and one player spam guard break. There is literally nothing you can do to stop it.

It puts you into a position where you either have to counter the guard break and take a hit

OR

block the attack and get guard broken and take a hit.

If they arent dumb saving a revenge mode will not stop any of this from happening.

I feel like guard break, Not guard break counter, should have a short cool down otherwise, once players figure this out, 2v1s will always be a loss...

any thoughts....

Juuudass
02-01-2017, 05:00 PM
im 100% with you.
In dominion i was always running at the begin against the enemy to look for 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 and i consistently won them if the one of the enemies is not spamming guard break. If they do that is imposible to win.
I dont know if there is any smooth way to solve this or atleast punish the guard break spam but i only can think of a bigger cost of stamina when guardbreaking or if more than 1 enemy focus you they can just use 1 guardbreak eachone of them or i dont know. But the fact that spamming attacks and spamming guardbreak instantly makes you lose a 1 vs 2 is kinda dissapointing.

PopoNPoppy
02-01-2017, 05:04 PM
YES! I was worried that I wouldnt get anyone that knew my pain!

PopoNPoppy
02-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Maybe if they just made the guard break counter animation faster so you have a chance to block after you throw someone off
OR
make the guard breaking animation longer....

Juuudass
02-01-2017, 05:13 PM
counter guardbreak being faster seems to be a good choice. But there are still things that are broken like trying a 1 vs 2 when one of them is a warlord spamming you the headbutt.
Thats one of the skills that i found to be really strong (low stamina consumption, fast animation and decent range).

PopoNPoppy
02-01-2017, 05:16 PM
I've seen that happen. The worst part is the headbutt has great lock on and will hit anyone trying to dodge in any direction. Paired with being unblockable and giving a free hit after a successful hit makes it a move that will be shortly discovered and exploited by the plebs.

Juuudass
02-01-2017, 05:20 PM
classes being stronger than others will be a fact at the release obviously and it will be balanced over time, but the 1 vs 2 spam situation should be adressed indeed.

PopoNPoppy
02-01-2017, 05:25 PM
This isnt about the warlord being stronger then other classes. They have done a great job balancing all the classes. The warlord headbutt can be spammed continuously without counter. Its an issue that needs some balancing and once the plebs figure this out its going to be annoying as hell.

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 05:45 PM
I have never seen any other fighting game gather this many people whining about stuff being unbalanced,,,, Fighting games have extremely deep learning curve and unless you start to learn stuff down to frame data you will never have any luck against people who really enjoy fighting games. I guess most people whinning here arent realy fighting game fans and expect something else from this game.

Edit... i bett most whiners are Smite players lol.

bsftsfk
02-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Hey, what do you think about full-strength friendly fire? I'd say it will not only solve the problem you, guys, have described, it would also make players use more interesting tactics against 2+ enemies rather than just trying to catch hits till rage mode.
Thumbs up if you agree with this ;)

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 05:51 PM
I dont know about full damage. there is much more interesting ways to do this like attack stopping if hit to friendly during "start up" or increased FF damage based on how much it clips your ally.

Edit. Also i think that hitting friendly could cause major stamina damage and if out of stamina then knock down effect or that stunned effect. Hitting friendly and attack geting interrupted that way should also count towards gaining revenge.

bsftsfk
02-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I dont know about full damage. there is much more interesting ways to do this like attack stopping if hit to friendly during "start up" or increased FF damage based on how much it clips your ally.

Edit. Also i think that hitting friendly could cause major stamina damage and if out of stamina then knock down effect or that stunned effect. Hitting friendly and attack geting interrupted that way should also count towards gaining revenge.

i see what you mean. But that sounds over-complicated. Full damage would be easier to understand.

The Tzeentch
02-01-2017, 06:16 PM
True it would be bit more complicated but it would fix problem with other one attacking and other one doing guardbrea because it would slow assault of those 2 against you by lot because they get drained out of stamina if not carefull and what really makes those 2v1 situations hard is that there is so much happening at once and enemies dont realy run out of stamina so they can keep their onslaught going untill you get revenge. Even with full damage still only "easy" counter to 2v1 would be geting revenge.

TCTF_SWAT
02-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Well RM does give you uninterrupptoable status and everyone knows by now GB bounce off attacks..so yeah....