PDA

View Full Version : No Dedicated servers.. LOL

chappachee33
01-30-2017, 03:47 AM
How can you expect to have a serious PvP game without dedicated servers? I don't really want to buy a game where I will be fine as long as I am host then only to get some tramp with a crappy net connection to come along and screw everything up. I was playing 4v4 and multiple times some dude with a crap connection would be host and every few seconds it would freeze then continue and also played some 1v1 and people teleport dodge and just moving around me weirdly and unable to attack them. Please tell me why in 2017 you are still using peer to peero garbage?

Draco_Nightstar
01-30-2017, 03:59 AM
I'm concerned with this as well. Every Ubisoft Multi-player game I have bought in the past that uses UPlay has had connection issues for me. Ghost Recon would DC someone when we had 3 or more people on constantly to the point where we all stopped playing it because of connectivity issues. Assassins Creed Unity would DC and Crash constantly with the Cloud issues and it was like rolling the dice to see if it would work on your computer or not. NO other company or game maker has given me these issues. They seriously need dedicated servers.

chappachee33
01-30-2017, 04:08 AM
It's so sad becaus this game is so much fun but I cant get invested into PvP knowing the outcome could highly weigh on the host of the game.

teksuo1
01-30-2017, 05:15 AM
we can still hope ; maybe p2p was just a temporary solution for the very small pool of players that got the beta. *crosses fingers*

teksuo1
01-30-2017, 05:23 AM
the highest number of player online i saw at the same time in this Beta was 55k. Its not what i call a small pool lol

well there goes my hope.. damnit.

Jimmahd
01-30-2017, 06:20 AM
P2P will be the demise of this game.

If they added Dedi's I'd be in, other than that, besides a few balancing issues the game can go far, as this stage not buying until Dedi's are confirmed.

DBLxxShotz
01-30-2017, 06:39 AM
PvP isnt the greatest but ufc and the fight night games were pvp and for the most part it wasnt an issue in about 95% of games you play. I can live with that. Sure dedicated servers would be great but since when does ubi give consumers what they want?

Xand_One
01-30-2017, 09:43 AM
the highest number of player online i saw at the same time in this Beta was 55k. Its not what i call a small pool lol

in the first beta night there was 170k+ people playing

FurioSSx
01-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Last days of beta was 40k players , so I guess p2p is already scaring people off.

S1yhunter
01-30-2017, 12:49 PM
This is a serious concern for me as well.

Ankiehl
01-30-2017, 12:53 PM
the only reason I wont buy FH is this very issue

FurioSSx
01-30-2017, 01:00 PM
I`ve cancelled my preorder , but then I decided to leave it . But if there will be no offcial statement from Ubisoft on that issue , no single post I will cancell it again.

@Ubisoft , I don`t understand why you are ignoring this issue.

SawyerX
01-30-2017, 01:27 PM
because dedicated servers for game like this and similar like fifa and other sport games where you have a max number of 4 players in a game will never happen. It would take way to much reasources and you would need a good 1000 of servers just for this. Keep dreaming dudes.

What they really need to do is let only the people with good upload and connection quality host. Then the game should always check who is a notorious quitter when he gets killed. Such people should not be picked as a host in general.

L0k3d
01-30-2017, 04:42 PM
So. Can we have any official answer on this? Or Ubi goin to ruin such a great game cause of greed? We all know that dedicated servers costs money, but cmon, we gave u enough. :mad:

Etpi_Ezrael
01-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Yup this is my main "problem" witht he game so far. Sure the menus and the chat are clearly made for consoles etc. but I am kinda happy with the balancing as far as I could test it. What scares me though is that by default I was only able to play with one out of seven (s e v e n !) mates who also had beta access.

If that remains unchanged and even opening ports, turning off firewalls etc. wont help it still wont be worth its price of 60 bucks. Cause thats a lot of bucks for a game that needs dedicated servers.

NORTHBOERN
01-30-2017, 08:13 PM
DC's and lag is an issue for all their pvp games.