PDA

View Full Version : D-Link Firewall and hosting a game on UBI

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:44 AM
I am running a D-Link firewall and would like to host my squadrons game on UBI. What ports need to be opened to host both the game and whatever UBI requires?

I have opened port 21000 TCP/UDP but when players try to join they get a timeout.

Any help would be appreciated

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 01:44 AM
I am running a D-Link firewall and would like to host my squadrons game on UBI. What ports need to be opened to host both the game and whatever UBI requires?

I have opened port 21000 TCP/UDP but when players try to join they get a timeout.

Any help would be appreciated

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:30 AM
<font size= 2>There have been innumerable <a href="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwpkf"target=_blank><font size= 2>PROBLEMS<a/> <font size= 2>like yours recently regarding online play @ UBI. So far there have been only stopgap measures that don't seem to help everyone and ppl have followed all the advice and still receive time outs.

Do yourself a favor and host your games @ <a href="http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/"target=_blank><font size= 2>Hyperloby<a/><font size= 2>. Nobody seems to be having problems over there.

Btw,to play on Ubi you need to open ports:
40000-42000

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

Message Edited on 08/19/0311:35PM by georgeo76

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 05:46 AM
thanks for the port info are these ports in addition to 21000?

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Hi there!
I,m not sure if this is your problem, but in the setup for the firewall there should be an option about enabling DMZ ( "de-militarized zone"). You have to enable this feature to host, otherwise your computer will be "invisible". Maybe you have tried this already... otherwise this prob will fix it.
S! nightnight

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Tests have been made with turning off the firewall altogether (Zone Alarm Pro) and this has made no difference to the timeout issues.

This may be different for you though......

Port 21000 needs to be open too AFAIK.

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the help guys

I've tried doing this through a virtual server but that's where the timeout happens.

I'll try the DMZ.

Thanks for all the info

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Hi again!
When you have enabled DMZ you might have to change the settings in in the gamingzone settings. ( which IP adress that is recognized) You can also just deinstall and at the reinstall this will be fixed automatically.
S! nightnight

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 07:35 PM
De-install and re-install what?

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Yea 21000 sorry I forgot the obvious. Please note that enabling DMZ will completely open your computer, as if you had no firewall at all. So if you decide to use it, do remember to turn it off when not hosting.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif
<font size= 2>

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

Hunter82
08-20-2003, 10:19 PM
You need to enable port forwarding on

The ports required for ubi.com are 80, 6667, 40000-42000

80: Usual Web Port
6667: Usual Chat Port
40000-42000: Required Port for ubi.com

and 21000 for IL2

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter82 wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:18 AM
B16Enk wrote:
- Tests have been made with turning off the firewall
- altogether (Zone Alarm Pro) and this has made no
- difference to the timeout issues.
-
- This may be different for you though......
-
- Port 21000 needs to be open too AFAIK.
-
-

Hi B16 enk! Yes, (ok it was with original IL-2), I could not host on UBI until I enabled DMZ in the router NAT firewall, the Norton software firewall made no diff. i havent tried this for some time now since I dont host nowadays, but i will just to check it out. It was def the problem for me, but of course as everbody knows there are lots of other possible probs....
S! nightnight

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Nightnight is correct there you will have to go outside the DMZ by enabling it. Also check both your ip's i use the same router and some things hookup with the router given ip, as some things work off the ip from my service. You can check these under Status tab for LAN and WAN settings. This works for direct connecting by IP.

As for the port i didn't even have to add il-2 to the applications or server. But if your hosting on ubi then you have to find out what they are using and add that to the virtual sever and or applications. I also game at gamespy and had to add them.

May you not become a dirt torpedo.

PlatinumDragon...

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:31 AM
P.S.
If your worried about being out side the firewall to let others connect, go get the freeware of Zone Alarm, this will auto config the things you wish to allow. So at least when your out of the DMZ you still have something protecting you.

PlatinumDragon...