PDA

View Full Version : I will not wait in 2v2 fights

Orpheus66
01-29-2017, 09:20 PM
I really don't understand why people wait around and watch their partner lose. Do you stand around in 4v4? If not what is the difference?

If you are only looking for 1v1 fights there is a bracket for that, this is the 2v2 bracket and not the 1v1+1v1 bracket

FOR HONOR - It's why we fight, Not how we fight

LaxFro19
01-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Personally, i find the 1v1 mode to hone skills and practice combos so I can be more effective in 2v2 or 4v4. There is not a lot of skill, or fun imo, in outnumbering somebody. Plus, you had your 1v1, why rob your teammate/foe of that experience? Even if your teammate dies, hopefully they ticked some health off your foe, so its still basically a 2v1, but you're respecting their fight.

Deadshot.
01-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Maybe you're respecting their desire to beat the guy in the videogame - but IRL, you'd probably jump in there and help your buddy out, instead of waiting and hoping the other guy doesn't get lucky.
Six of this - half a dozen of that.

Essentially, I'm not going to mind if my partner comes in and deals the killstroke after all my hard work. It's a team effort anyway.
:)

AKDagriZ
01-29-2017, 11:05 PM
both is ok . i respect either waiting or attacking 2 on 1.we will see in the futur lots of skill when defending 2 vs 1 . the game look built to defend wisely against 2 opponant

Aeecto
01-29-2017, 11:17 PM
The main problem is, if you join that fight the enemy will get a huge amount of rage boost and will pretty much destroy both of you.
ItŽs easier to fight one by one and the chance is a lot higher youŽll win at the end.
Only join the fight if your teammate is about to die and needs help ASAP with a knockdown or stun.

DonkOPP24
01-30-2017, 12:08 AM
I don't wait. I believe most people play 2v2 wrong, when the game releases and my buddies and I play don't expect any honor out of us. Its a team fight.

Aeecto
01-30-2017, 12:44 AM
I don't wait. I believe most people play 2v2 wrong, when the game releases and my buddies and I play don't expect any honor out of us. Its a team fight.

then youŽll lose against every decent player.... thanks to the rage mechanic!

youŽll probably only win against total noobs.

TCTF_SWAT
01-30-2017, 12:50 AM
I dabble between helping and watching. BUT if you try to execute you're getting denied it.

Orpheus66
01-30-2017, 05:22 AM
then youŽll lose against every decent player.... thanks to the rage mechanic!

youŽll probably only win against total noobs.

That is fine but when I jump into the fight people freak the **** out. But I will admit if my partner is winning I wont jump in

AKDagriZ
01-30-2017, 05:24 AM
dont you guys mean everyone realise that the game is just perfect when it come to 2 vs 1 its great and in the futur we will see a lot of skills with 2 vs 1 situation

DBLxxShotz
01-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Meh! I dont really care either way to be honest. I usually let my partner handle his biz but if i see hes in trouble and he runs off i get in. Sometimes ill just watch him die because im into that.

BananaBlighter
01-30-2017, 08:53 PM
The main problem is, if you join that fight the enemy will get a huge amount of rage boost and will pretty much destroy both of you.
ItŽs easier to fight one by one and the chance is a lot higher youŽll win at the end.
Only join the fight if your teammate is about to die and needs help ASAP with a knockdown or stun.

This. It's not just about being polite, there are practical reasons for not engaging in 2v1s.

It's true that in Dominion you shouldn't really be waiting around for your teammate to finish off an opponent, because that wastes time and it is an objective based game mode where there are other things you could be doing. However jumping in and spamming heavy attacks is not always the answer. More often than not this just guarantees the enemy will go in to revenge mode, at which point you end up wasting time anyway as you wait for it to run out before you start fighting again. Only do this if either your teammate or the enemy is about to die (though it's not very polite to steal a kill when your teammate clearly had the upper hand). If the fight is very close, then stay back and drop in a hit or two every now and then when you are 100% sure it will not be blocked. Either that or move on and find something else that you could be doing to help your team.

Unlike Dominion, Brawl isn't objective based, so there's no reason to try and rush things. Take your time because the last thing you want is the enemy going into revenge mode. Therefore, disregarding time, it is more efficient to fight one at a time, to reduce the risk of this happening. It's still a 2v1, because you both contribute to taking down the enemy's health, but you're just doing it one after the other rather than at the same time. That's why you can't just say, "Go play 1v1!". It's not the same. Even if the enemy is executing my teammate, I let them finish it and get the health advantage because in my eyes they deserved it. It takes skill to get that execution, and I respect that. If my teammate wins, then they can feel good that they did it themselves and not because they had less work to do thanks to their teammate who just charged in and started spamming top heavies.

That said I don't mind if I get teamed up on because the enemy finished off my teammate quickly. That's an advantage well deserved, and I respect that. Also when it comes to 3v1 or 4v1 in Dominion, then it's OK. Even with revenge mode you're unlikely to survive a confrontation like that, and anyway, it's not like by joining in on a 2v1 you're really ruining someone's duel.

TCTF_SWAT
01-30-2017, 09:00 PM
I will never understand "kill stealing is bad."

Like get out of here with that nonsense.

Cannonballninja
01-30-2017, 11:43 PM
This. It's not just about being polite, there are practical reasons for not engaging in 2v1s.
That's only true if you play the 2v1 badly. For example, you can circle behind an opponent and capitalise on any openings they provide. Your ally attacks and gets parry/guard-broken? You can interrupt with a heavy swing. You can guard-break from the back, throw an enemy into a wall and both you and your ally can get a heavy in (which is almost always lethal at that stage of the match). If you just rush up and start trying to batter your opponent then, yeah, sure, you'll feed them revenge and that can be problematic. But if you fight smart, there are far better things you can be doing than simply waiting to make it two, consecutive 1v1s.

Patience and coordination is key. This goes for Dominion too but, as you say, without an objective you can afford to wait for the perfect moment.

TimDobhran
01-31-2017, 12:05 AM
I see a simple difference of opinions here. Some people view 2 vs 2 as 2 1 on 1 duels that are resolved if necessary by the 2 opposing players fighting it to a conclusion. Others view it as a 2 vs 2 free for all. The name of the 2 vs 2 is Brawl not duels. Given that name I would have to say that if you go into a brawl expecting Marquis of Queensbury rules you are going to be disappointed. I did not play in the beta, but pre-ordered because of it. I did watch a lot of different youtubers videos of it. Pretty much I think the strategy here should be - playing with friends - do the Honor thing. Playing with strangers -expect there to be No Honor. I saw a lot of No Honor this past weekend. Saw a few people rage quit over it. It IS just a game - a very good game, but instead of getting mad over the Honor thing - be prepared and deal with it accordingly. Try the honor in the first round.. if they have no honor give them no mercy. Adapt and overcome, if you win then you can say that you showed those honor-less dogs who was better. Can't wait to play.

Helnekromancer
02-01-2017, 01:05 AM
2v2's are weird for me, I rarely have people to play with so I'm queued with a random and unless he ask for help which he can do in the callouts menu I help. Just hitting the outnumbered enemy once sparks up that Revenge mode that can knock you and your teammate on your asses and he can quickly dispose of one of us since he has a 2nd health bar, bonus attack and defense and is unstaggerable for a short amount of time. But if I they can hold their own I'll wait I don't want to throw the game because of revenge mode. Oh and you can get revenge mode more than once in a round so be prepared for that if you don't kill him fast enough. My only personal rule is that I am not fighting over water, a Cliffside or ledge, **** that cheese tactic and me and the opponent will run over to other teammates who don't have to deal with that so now its a 2v2 in CQ and you can see how your buddies is doing and you can also do cool things within that 2v2 throwing enemies into themselves or trading off opponents etc. I don't have a problem getting 2v1 in brawl because all I have to do is block 3-5 hits and spark revenge meter and kill them, simple as that.

RabidUrko
02-01-2017, 01:32 AM
If you a team of 2 and partner needs help (if it dont look like they do need help, then dont) , get in there, i will be.

iTzBigRed1
02-01-2017, 01:45 AM
No F that me and my boy jump people we dont wait around for one of us to "finish their fight" we dont fight fair.

https://youtu.be/qRNgUYZ22OA?t=12s

heres is our 2v2 proving we don't fight fair back when we didnt know how to play lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3xsNdWX5Kk