PDA

View Full Version : Nerf assassin,too op.

dacinui
01-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Assasin vs any vanguard or any shield bearer=dead

She has too much speed,slight speed nerf needed,or dodge nerf.

Lactose_r3tard
01-28-2017, 09:54 PM
this game has a pretty high learning curve,
since most people haven't spend more than 15 hours in the game, there is no way that you already know how to counter characters.
the same happend in overwatch, everyone hated bastion until they did learn how to counter him.
just try to find a way to get her down.

dacinui
01-28-2017, 10:49 PM
But you can't...take her down.

Assassin logic> you attack,she dodges and deals quick damage ,and it's not like you can counter dodge her.

Never attacks first.

reaperxxphantom
01-28-2017, 11:01 PM
get better

The_Mensan
01-29-2017, 01:11 AM
But you can't...take her down.

Assassin logic> you attack,she dodges and deals quick damage ,and it's not like you can counter dodge her.

Never attacks first.

Have you ever heard of... Feints and Guardbreaks?

Is smashing attack button your idea of "fighting"?

Assassins have the lowest health I can "accidentally" hit them from a slow (failed) feint and just kill them right there and then.

KisskerVenwrath
01-29-2017, 03:22 AM
First off specify which assassin. Your talking about the Knight Assassin - Peacekeeper

As for her skill curve, she's a high DoT with Medium hardness grade to play. Which is a bad balance.
Her skills can make her untraceable, untargetable by skills, combine this with her normal moves doing "bleed" damage (or is it poison technically? whatever. DoT) and her ability to stunlock you with her fast attacks and she is, indeed, unbalanced, "OP" and broken.

Her feats need to choose between DoT or "going invisable" - not have both active - as they, in a patient and smart players hand, are unstoppable. (every class dies to the combo DoT, just takes longer for someone like the Warlord)

She has the easiest skill combo's to learn of the third column heroes - which is why she's a "Medium" when the others are "Hard"
She has the FASTEST attacks- sure they may not do as much damage, but that is irrelevant when they are unblockable, unavoidable and stun lock you in place. (combo combo combo and your dead)

I have fewer problems with all the other heroes combined than with her, which states there is indeed a concern. Some of the other Heroes have 1 or 2 "funky" things about them, which makes them either *rolls eyes* when they occur or laugh it off, but just about EVERYTHING about the Peacekeeper screams "plz nerf"

Sure they have the lowest HP pool, but as they are designed to hide in the shadows in a Zone (like A, or C) and wait for someone to show their back for a quick, 3 second kill - this is also not a balancing factor. By the time you realize a "time played" Peacekeeper - your either already dead, or you watched your team mate die from her.

The BIGGEST beef I have with her is her Concealment. NO OTHER HERO gets anything similar to it. It needs Nerfed/Removed, or Shared with other assassin classes.

Etpi_Ezrael
01-30-2017, 04:39 PM
I dont get the hate the peacekeeper gets. Orochi can do all of these besides the bleeding (blockable) and has a better range.
If the dodging or the ligth attack speed of the assasin classes beats you, improve your defense. Learn to parry give them good.

vertigomonkey
01-30-2017, 05:52 PM
I never really had any complaints with the Peacekeeper. Granted, I played mostly as another assassin (Berserker), but don't understand why there are so many people upset. Maybe in really early game they seem more OP, but I don't recall seeing any real gap in performance between Peacekeepers and other characters. Sure their bleed is annoying, but that's just the feature of their class. Just need to learn to work around it, which is definitely possible. I feel like Peacekeepers actually ended up being fairly easy to fight, because so many people relied on that bleed combo. If you avoid that, they didn't have a chance.

Etpi_Ezrael
01-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Have you even read what i typed?Like i said peacekeeper has more stamina and better stamina regen than orochi,i mean by this he can kill orochi with 1 stamina bar without regenerating it.Only way for orochi to attack peacekeeper is to do 2 top strikes then eventually gurdbreak 2 top strikes again rinse repeat which will take around 65%Hp of peacekeeper before orochi stamina will run out,if you try to chain 3rd attack instead gurdbreak you get guaranteed side evade from peacekeeper hell even gurdbreak can be side evaded but it works randomly also peacekeeper can just roll back after 2 top light attacks from orochi.He hits 100% faster with around same damage but also apply heavy bleed which is like 100% more damage in same number of hits.Peacekeeper can roll out of anything after 1st hit(besides orochi top strike which is always guaranteed but doesn't do much damage can also be side evaded and it's the only way to trade hits with peacekeeper(Means it's another plus for peacekeeper)),he can punish with side evade same as orochi.His gurdbreak is best in game 3 guaranteed hits plus heavy bleed or 2 guaranteed hits plus guaranteed push.He can counter attack same as orochi,only unique move orochi has is the easiest move to counter attack in whole game i mean backdash plus r2,peacekeeper got much faster forward r2 strike which has guaranteed another hit if 1st one hits that applys bleed.Peacekeeper is superior in every way compared to orochi i get that you like your cheap character and enjoy easy wins.Orochi attacks are extremely easy to block nodachi 1st light attack is even faster but peacekeeper is a pure luck,quessing game you make mistake you're near dead since peacekeeper stunlocks every character beside peacekeeper itself.

Yes I read what you write and simply cant agree. Stamina is at least equally bad for orochi as well as peacekeeper but orochi got a noticeable range upgrade. No class besides the Orochi can sidestep and dodge an attack from that direction by a peacekeeper while not gettign hit.

And the old "bleeding is op" stuff bores me to no end. A guard break loses against any attack, even a heavy one. You can counter guard break it on reaction and even IF a peacekeeper gets that far you can still block every single of the 3 possible strikes. Any bleeding debuff from a peacekeeper needs a at least one mistake from you (or a total of 3 if we talk about the tripple stab) and whiel orochis charge can change directions while pk's is always up front.
Also orochi is as fast as a PK so your "but PK is fasta!" thing doesnt work. It is about initiative in assasin vs assasin not about speed.

Sorry but I cant agree on any point. There is nothign the peacekeeper has, that the orochi eitehr can do equally good or simply is better at (bleeding is the one thing that even seperates the PK from otehr assasins and thats always a bonus to otehr actions, never an action by itself). If your stamina is really that much of a problem to you, you mismanage it or sacrafice all stamina for otehr stats.

Etpi_Ezrael
01-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Berserker class can dodge orochi class can dodge and peacekeeper class can dodge attack sideways and punish.You obviously have no experience in this game so i won't even waste my time talking to you anymore.Just a bad player that can't compete with fair class that will defend his op class no matter what.Only attack of orochi that can match peacekeeper left/right/top light attack speed is top and that can be dodge side punished .since it's a forced direction to at least trade it's a clear advantage for peacekeeper.Orochi and peacekeeper are both in same range,peacekeeper always hits 1st,so please don't say they have advantage over some unimportant factor,only classes with range advantage are kensei and nodachi.And 3 hit grab cannot be escaped no player ever broke my 3 hit peacekeeper guardbreak nor any bot,unless there's some hidden mechanic no one figured out yet,or you simply mash r1 after guard break and can't even play your beloved class.You time r1 but it's extremely easy.

I wasnt talkign about deflection, I was talkign about the attack range still able to land a hit while doing a sidestep - which the orochi has a noticeable advantage over the peacekeeper and the berserker. I reached renown one with more than one class and still cant see your problem with the peacekeeper. Everything you claim that is like "peacekeeper always hits first, deals enough dmg to kill you with oen stamina abr, has the same range as peacekeeper etc" simply is wrong. You dont have to believe me, just ask other people you think know a lot about the game.

Also, again, the three stab combo is only usable against peopel who arent good at the core mechanics of the game, as soon as peopel start to counter guardbreak or even block the single stabs it wont matter much in a duel anymore. And that is where the peacekeepr suddenly has nothing to offer compared to the otehr assasins. PK's charge? Worse than orochis. Pummel game? Weaker than berserkers. Extra bleeding hits? only after deflections (rare), raw heavy attacks (useless) and a charge who is always attack upper part.
If you never reached these enemies who can easily (!) handle the charge and the stabby combo you either havent been playing at all or are lying about your own basic skills.

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Git gud scrub

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Another peacekeeper nooby how beautiful,are you one of those rage quitters i destroyed 3-0 in a mirror match ?Seems like you are the one who needs to get good.Destroyed by class i used for 1 h while using it over 3 days.

There is a weakness to every hero. Fact.
So try to find out that weakness like I did and you'll be wrecking everyone in no time.
I should've thought about the "Git Gud" comment. Sorry.

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 07:55 PM
I really wish beta didn't end yet.I would show you every pk weakness,true shame.

I would like to learn that too, it might help against enemy PK's.

Stankyfoot
01-30-2017, 08:18 PM
It can't be stressed enough, it is FAR too early to be nerfing and buffing different characters. I have literally heard almost every single character called OP, that means that none of them actually are and you just don't know how to approach fighting them. The only character that I haven't heard complaints about is the Warden and even then I've seen Warden players **** on good Orochi and Peacekeepers.

Kawira1
01-30-2017, 08:37 PM
git gud - Berserker main

XP4HuTEJlb
01-30-2017, 09:51 PM
Had no problems with PK. Warlord and Conq can deal with her easy, as well a Nobushi. You can counter her 'bleed stab strikes' after PKs guardbrake by pressing L1 just before every strike lands. Without it-she is done.

Zea1ot
01-30-2017, 10:15 PM
I don't know any other character which can land about 50% damage without any risk, yes you can cancel GB, yes you can block the stabs(never managed to block all 3, some kind of insane timing) but if PK succeed at least once, then he almost wins and if not - no problem, he can easily try again without punish.
I think this damage is not right, no wonder that PK is a nightmare on the low level and completely **** at high(at the time when enemies starts to cancel GB, and PK don't know anything else, cant even block)
The problem is insane damage, not character

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 10:17 PM
I don't know any other character which can land about 50% damage without any risk, yes you can cancel GB, yes you can block the stabs(never managed to block all 3, some kind of insane timing) but if PK succeed at least once, then he almost wins and if not - no problem, he can easily try again without punish.
I think this damage is not right, no wonder that PK is a nightmare on the low level and completely **** at high(at the time when enemies starts to cancel GB, and PK don't know anything else, cant even block)
The problem is insane damage, not character

PK's a she...

Zea1ot
01-30-2017, 10:19 PM
PK's a she...
But who play for she is not:D

Reaper_Sykko
01-30-2017, 10:31 PM

no

Techn0path
01-30-2017, 11:17 PM

i think that you should take a step back and think about what an assassin does in mobas, assassins in mobas are the GANKERS they are the ones that dont have the best health and defense. they have speed but are meant to be a glass cannon especially the orochi,here is a good read on the orochi's weaknesses.

Hey, I would like to start off by saying I played the orochi for the whole beta. This gave me time to get his moves down and his timing. His game mechanics are something that I never experienced before. His style on the field makes him a formtable foe, but also a liability in the wrong hands.

On my YouTube channel (https://youtu.be/mAO3OjNOPv4) you can see my transition from beginning to being almost prestige 2( prestige 1 lv20 is what I ended at.)

The orochi are amazing and needs to be recognized. The people saying he is overpowered take a step back and be sure. First the orochi are not good at blocking long and messing up your timing from left to right attacks leaves you open an vulnerable. Peacekeepers and Berserkers have an easy time doing this. It really makes playing theOrochi overwhelming. Next the Orochi are close range so you need to lessen the distance between you and your foe. That is a lot harder than it sounds. The Nobushi make that hard enough with their pole and that stance that says if you rush in your mine. It was hard to counter but in war you have to think on your toes. The Orochi fear a drawn-out fight not just because he really has no initial attacks but because his life is low. On the battle field as an Orochi you go from a 1 v 1 to a 2 v 1 quickly. The warden and raider know this and take advantage of their health and defence to allow their team to catch up to them and overpower the Orochi. When theOrochi sees an omen of death he dreams of the Conqueror. Nothing gets my heart pounding in my chest not than fighting a Conqueror. They have the defence of a warden the power of a Raider and moderate attacking speed. This makes it hard to end a fight against him quickly. When he charges up his mace charging in will be the last thing you will do be for the grave. Over coming his mace is one thing but his unblockable shield will stop the Orochi in his tracks. During training the Orochi were always a step behind his brethren the Kensei. The Kensei's raw power is enough to overwhelm theOrochi only a couple of hits and the Orochi's face an eminent demise.

The Orochi are one with themselves and their sword. It is believed that the sword picks the wielder and in the sacred ritual the Orochi must defeat himself. Knowing his own weaknesses is his way of survival. As an assassin moving in the shadows is not enough the Orochi must become the shadow and materialize to kill and then slip away. His weak defences and lack of initial attack means wait for an opening to weaken your opponent. Then when your opponent strikes block and strike faster. Once the Orochi kills he returns to the shadow to stalk another kill. An opponent switching between attacks and unblockables makes it hard for the Orochi to dodge or defend against incoming attacks. Being overwhelmed and outnumbered will not be without its sacrifices. Only being able to parry attacks when the Orochi are outnumbered makes it really hard for theOrochi to defend. With multiple attacks coming in multiple ways you have to match each attack simultaneously, as another attack comes in making counter-attacks nearly impossible. You will become a sitting duck at the mercy of your foes.

I love this game and I can't wait to see more from for honor

TimDobhran
01-31-2017, 12:37 AM
get better
Train up in the bots first against that class. Get to know how to counter. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Also from what I saw those lvl 3 bots are better than a lot of players.