PDA

View Full Version : How to stop people from grabbing you

L33TCaBoOsE
01-28-2017, 08:57 PM
I know that grabbing is supposed to help keep people from blocking all attacks. But how do I counter people who only grab. All the last guy I fought did was grab light his sword on fire then power attack, and repeat If I try to grab him he just aggros through the grab and hits me. It's one of those works for them but not me things?

Cyclingsofa
01-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Light attack flat out ignores guard break.

When you see the red breaking shield icon you can counter guard break too.

CEMERDES
01-29-2017, 04:01 PM
I had a situation today (after 25h in beta) when enemy Conqueror infinitely bashed me with his shield and pushed/grabbed in any direction he wanted + he was lagging. We were dueling somewhere inside and he pushed me out easy and made me fall. No idea how he did that and why his stamina was full all the time but looked like hax to me :/

Ryumanjisen
01-29-2017, 04:38 PM
As Cyclingsofa told you, the neutral in For Honor is rock-paper-scissor mindgame: guardbreak beats block, block beats attack, attack beats guardbreak.

Stenier
01-30-2017, 03:29 AM
I know that grabbing is supposed to help keep people from blocking all attacks. But how do I counter people who only grab. All the last guy I fought did was grab light his sword on fire then power attack, and repeat If I try to grab him he just aggros through the grab and hits me. It's one of those works for them but not me things?

The unblockable overhead of KENSEI class. Look, if he even guardbreaks you, you can still PARRY incoming attack. Yes, unblockables (kensei,raider) cant be blocked, but CAN be parried. Even if you are staggered. So its not a game mechanic problem, you just need more practice. Also, you can counter his grab by mashing your grab button. If he keeps doing so more than 2 in a row, hit your strog attack to put him in a right place. But dont follow up in, he will probably dodge pack or block the 2nd one.

mikeyxpoo
01-30-2017, 03:34 PM
The unblockable overhead of KENSEI class. Look, if he even guardbreaks you, you can still PARRY incoming attack. Yes, unblockables (kensei,raider) cant be blocked, but CAN be parried. Even if you are staggered. So its not a game mechanic problem, you just need more practice. Also, you can counter his grab by mashing your grab button. If he keeps doing so more than 2 in a row, hit your strog attack to put him in a right place. But dont follow up in, he will probably dodge pack or block the 2nd one.

And with that, the Warden is a perfect counter as it loves to overhead+light parry = world of hurt

Captain.Weegee
02-01-2017, 07:08 AM

Can you parry all the time? What if you getting knocked down, can you parry an incoming attack in this moment or not?

levirexjones
02-04-2017, 03:06 AM
Can you parry all the time? What if you getting knocked down, can you parry an incoming attack in this moment or not?

You cannot parry while in Knockdown State.

CaptainPwnet
02-04-2017, 05:03 AM

Ill help you out too. Never try and use heavy attacks to stop guard breaks. Guard break can interupt heavy attacks during the startup, only light attacks are safe to beat guard break. If you try to dodge or heavy attack against guard breaks 9 times out of 10 you will be guard broken and in this situation it is uncounterable as in you can't prevent the guard break by pressing guard break yourself to push them back, it's free for your opponent.