PDA

View Full Version : Gear Stats off in 1v1 and 2v2

Maelex
01-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Hello,

I'd like to discuss with you the question if gear stats in 1v1 and 2v2 should be active.

In my opinion, these are the modes which rely the most on your knowledge how to play a character.
That means for me knowing what its weaknesses are and how to live with them. Beeing able to decide if I need more stamina regen or less stamina cost, is a crucial part of adjusting your playstyle.
An other piont is that the only thing you can buy for Ingame-Currency are weapon and armor parts. That means 2 out of 5 game modes (1v1 and 2v2) dont need my progression in the game. It makes no difference if i play the character for the first time or if i play him for 20 hours. Cause the only thing i can use in these two game modes is my own knowledge about the mechanics.

I often catch me after playing 4v4 and switching to 1v1 that i fail hard, because i can play in a much different way in 4v4 than in 1v1.

Feel free to discuss and share your opinions with me!

Thanks and have fun!

Ex__Machina
01-29-2017, 10:21 AM
i really hope they don't change this. 1v1 is the only mode left w/ any semblance of fair play. allow players to take their salvage/steel from other played characters then apply that to a fresh lvl 1. now take that twinked player and have him fight against other level 1's w/out that advantage.

Altair_Snake
01-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Yeah. It's about fair play. It's also a way of starting to use a character in PvP, knowing that you're not in a stat disadvantage. I think it's best with gears turned off, as it is now.

However, I don't know if you can turn it on in custom matches of duel and brawl. That'd be nice.

sleepercell99
01-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Hello,

I'd like to discuss with you the question if gear stats in 1v1 and 2v2 should be active.

In my opinion, these are the modes which rely the most on your knowledge how to play a character.
That means for me knowing what its weaknesses are and how to live with them. Beeing able to decide if I need more stamina regen or less stamina cost, is a crucial part of adjusting your playstyle.
An other piont is that the only thing you can buy for Ingame-Currency are weapon and armor parts. That means 2 out of 5 game modes (1v1 and 2v2) dont need my progression in the game. It makes no difference if i play the character for the first time or if i play him for 20 hours. Cause the only thing i can use in these two game modes is my own knowledge about the mechanics.

I often catch me after playing 4v4 and switching to 1v1 that i fail hard, because i can play in a much different way in 4v4 than in 1v1.

Feel free to discuss and share your opinions with me!

Thanks and have fun!

No. Terrible idea.

Dr Lars DM
01-29-2017, 01:45 PM
While I prefer no stats for 1v1 and 2v2, I don't see why we couldn't have both! When you pick 1v1, you have the choice of vs. player or vs. AI, should be easy enough to add a 3rd option here, vs. Player (with stats).

el_CHINOCUDEIRO
01-29-2017, 05:53 PM
-3D fightgame: 1vs1 and 2vs2
-arcade action game: 4vs4 (dominion AND elimination)

I think itīs fine as it is now

DonkOPP24
01-29-2017, 11:01 PM
I like the gear being off in 1v1 and 2v2s because it creates a fair playing field. I mainly play Warlord and you wouldn't want my sword hitting as hard as it does in 4v4.

P1gsFl1ght
01-30-2017, 01:08 AM
I like the gear being off in 1v1 and 2v2s because it creates a fair playing field. I mainly play Warlord and you wouldn't want my sword hitting as hard as it does in 4v4.

You spec damage for warlord in 4v4??? not what i would do.