PDA

View Full Version : Charge Attack?

BeastGevaudan
01-28-2017, 06:01 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to do that charge attack that everyone does and I am losing like every battle because of it. It's the one where they roar, have like an orange thing above them, and then dash forward and knock you silly. People just spam it till I'm dead ... can't block it, can't counter it, and don't even know how to do it. It wasn't covered in the tutorials either.

Anyone have any idea how it is done?

Aziraya
01-29-2017, 12:18 PM
It depends on the class. Most classes don't have a charging guard-break like that at all. Some do it mainly stationary (Nobushi's kick), while others are actually an attack rather than simply staggering you. The reason it isn't in the tutorial is that it's part of a character's moveset and individual movesets aren't covered in tutorials. Usually to get out of it you either need to poke them before they collide (may not be possible if they use it in the middle of a combo), or do one of the following depending on the type of move:

Rushing bash: Dodge to the side at the right moment. This is how to deal with Conqueror and Warden.
Stationary bash: Dodge sideways or backwards, depending on your current spacing. This is how to deal with the Nobushi's kick.
Unblockable attack: Either dodge in the correct direction or parry their attack. Not simply block it (hence unblockable), but parry it. This is how to deal with Raiders and Kensai.

Granted, there are also small attacks that give that little icon as well, but they're usually small follow-up attacks within their combo that aren't meant to be countered in any way: they're just there to give some flair/fluidity to the combat. Not to mention that it has a bad psychological effect having an orange exclamation mark suddenly flashing on your screen while you're getting hit.

Altair_Snake
01-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Just checking... do you mean revenge mode?