PDA

View Full Version : Are you planning on buying the game?

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Well, are you?

PaUZZze
01-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Are you?

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 02:36 PM
Are you?

Definitely not right away. Maybe down the road if I hear about improvements being made. I won't fall for it a second time (the first was with Rainbow Six Siege). I played the beta and it was rife with issues. Ubisoft assured us that everything would be resolved before the release. Here we are, more than a year after the game was released and the problems still haven't been resolved. I'm really enjoying playing For Honor but I don't know that I'm willing to spend $60 on it (not to mention the season pass if that interests you) in its current state.

Misterscruff63
01-28-2017, 02:39 PM
I have it preordered but where we have the debacle with the beta where I have not been able to access the game since launch, I am in the process of cancelling.

War Viper 1337
01-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Sadly they did not add dedicated servers so I will be passing this game up.

frejborgshonor
01-28-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm not buying this. $80 CDN lacking content big time, and very buggy. Also P2P connection sucks.

Shame, the game has potential.

PhYcE-
01-28-2017, 05:12 PM
I am totally buying!! I have loved everything about it so far. I'm sad that I'll have to wait another couple of weeks to play after the Beta.

RatedChaotic
01-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Im buying. Finally a game that has pvp with no proc set bonuses!!!!

cahdar
01-28-2017, 06:26 PM
yes, im buying it.
pvp without crybabies in long run - because they will loose again and again with buttonsmashing, skill based here.. you have to know what to do, what the other class can - and what you can do to counter it, different modes - every class plays different - love it..

.. at the end there is hopefully maybe a small, but very good pvp community - the rest is back to cod, cs...whatever.

TrickJester
01-28-2017, 06:56 PM
I've already got it pre-ordered. It's a very fun game. As a Dark Souls and Chivalry fan, I feel right at home with the combat in this game. The combat is very satisfying and I can't wait to play the Story Mode.

I'm sure the connectivity issues will be solved sooner or later. I'm not particularly worried about it.

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 11:48 PM
I'm sure the connectivity issues will be solved sooner or later. I'm not particularly worried about it.

I had similar hopes during the R6 Siege beta... a year after release, still no progress.

The_Quieter
01-29-2017, 01:20 AM
/shakes magic 8 ball

Outlook Not So Good.

DBLxxShotz
01-29-2017, 01:24 AM
I had similar hopes during the R6 Siege beta... a year after release, still no progress.

Disagree. RB6 was terrible when it first came out but right now that game has been improved greatly. In fact after a lul it seems more and more people are playing it now.

DBLxxShotz
01-29-2017, 01:31 AM
Definitely buying. In fact im buying the Gold edition for me and the regular one for both my nephews. I can understand some of the legit complaints and agree they need to be addressed. The only complaints im skeptical of are the gameplay complaints. I was playing a guy who was using the Orochi and i lost a crap load of times but then i figure out how ot fight his orochi and i started destroying him. I then fough other orochis and have had success. This has been the case against Nobushi and Peacekeeper too who were absolutely killing me the first few hours i played.

Kovy__
01-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Definitely buying. In fact im buying the Gold edition for me and the regular one for both my nephews. I can understand some of the legit complaints and agree they need to be addressed. The only complaints im skeptical of are the gameplay complaints. I was playing a guy who was using the Orochi and i lost a crap load of times but then i figure out how ot fight his orochi and i started destroying him. I then fough other orochis and have had success. This has been the case against Nobushi and Peacekeeper too who were absolutely killing me the first few hours i played.

Don't exaggerate the amount of skill/strategy involved... many players are quite successful doing nothing more than button mashing, spamming revenge mode, and rushing in right at the end of a fight to get a takedown. Let's be honest.

Marzk0
01-29-2017, 01:57 AM
Dedicated servers, or bust. That's the way I see it. Especially cause I live in Australia. Our internets ****, our government is ****ter and our new national broadband upgrade is a joke. It's an ADSL upgrade. If there's no dedicated servers you're basically leaving an entire nation out to dry, and I'm not gonna pay for that. So far, it's not worth the $80.

randomwildwood
01-29-2017, 01:57 AM
I honestly do enjoy the combat in all modes. After playing I havent really found one class to necessarily be much more op than any other and am glad to see that, having balanced or relatively well managed classes is important. I do think that the revenge system is something that I can do without but I can understand why it exsists. I am completely disappointed with the lack of dedicated servers and the fact that there is a season pass which means DLC is something that is definetly going to happen, but overall the gameplay is enjoyable and the visuals are appealing.

Would I buy this game? I'm not really sure at this point. If they add dedicated servers and if the dlcclasses arent incredibly overpowered then I more than likely will, but as of right now I probably wont though I will keep an eye on it.

JeeNiNe
01-29-2017, 02:01 AM
the rest is back to cod, cs...whatever.
lel, because cs does not require skills

DBLxxShotz
01-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Don't exaggerate the amount of skill/strategy involved... many players are quite successful doing nothing more than button mashing, spamming revenge mode, and rushing in right at the end of a fight to get a takedown. Let's be honest.

Yeah. because the game hasnt been out long enough for most people such as yourself to be able to deal with those things. None of those things work on experienced players. I fell victim to that stuff when i first started too but not so much now. Once the game comes out all that cheese will be useless after a month.

Veanom
01-29-2017, 03:17 AM
sure!

Momenteur
01-29-2017, 03:27 AM
I was. I had.

Then I came to my senses and saw the flaws.

KisskerVenwrath
01-29-2017, 03:33 AM
No.

No dedicated servers and the Beta already showing the abuse.

JeeNiNe
01-29-2017, 03:39 AM
No, game is kinda boring

LocoWithGun
01-29-2017, 06:00 AM
Not at 60. Duels are fun but not enoguht to carry the whole game, 2v2 is horrible and 4v4 feel like a side mode and not the core experience it probably wants to be. Maps are uninteresting, combat mechanics are great but the progression is grindy and completely unnecessary and I honestly loathe the fact that it's not purely cosmetic. Not to mention it's tailor made for future DLC and microtransactions.

I'll bite at 25 or when it goes F2P which is a real possibility.

Oh, and beside lag P2P opens the door to some serious cheater epidemic. I'll see how Ubi deals with it when it inevitably happens. Just auto-clicker would be godly and near undetectable in this game... neverending parries everywhere.