PDA

View Full Version : How do you kill through blocks???????

CrazyCaboose009
01-28-2017, 04:36 AM
I attack people and they block and they take no damage, but when i block, i take full damage.

Also, just got out of a duel where this guy was glowing gold and recovering health. HOW DID HE HAVE AN ABILITY WHEN HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING?????

Captain.Weegee
01-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Some classes have unblockable attacks (the orange glowing attacks) the only way to avoid them :
-dodge
-hit him fast!
-use guardbreak very early
-parry
-(deflect??)

you can take a look in the "how to play" options in the hero section which one can use ublockables

And you loose a little bit of your health when you stop a heavy attack with a normal block

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 07:07 AM
I attack people and they block and they take no damage, but when i block, i take full damage.

Also, just got out of a duel where this guy was glowing gold and recovering health. HOW DID HE HAVE AN ABILITY WHEN HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING?????

What the other guy said is all true but don't parry unblockables......They gold glow is revenge and it tells me you are playing the game really wrong. I have never used or seen somone use revenge on a 1v1. But in Revenge you gain temp health and inf stam for attacking. My advice is STOP attacking his guard. You are giving him a free win. Revenge is gained on taking damage, blocking damage, causing damage, taking point, and such. So back off regain your stam reset the match up so then no more revenge.

Redulz
02-08-2017, 06:16 PM
What the other guy said is all true but don't parry unblockables......

why not parry? its what i always do to unblockables such a easy punish.

SethUnleashed
02-08-2017, 06:28 PM
parrying ublockables is perfectly fine, most people also dont think you are going to parry those attacks, so its a double win

Peligrad
02-08-2017, 06:44 PM
How to get past blocks:

1) Guard break
2) Unblockable attacks
3) Unblockable techs
4) Feint and quick attack in another direction quickly

Warp_11
02-08-2017, 07:34 PM
How to get past blocks:

1) Guard break
2) Unblockable attacks
3) Unblockable techs
4) Feint and quick attack in another direction quickly

^ what this guy said ^

Altair_Snake
02-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Do you guys know how intense that "Punch Through" Feat is? I'm guesisng it's just some shave damage, ot the hwole damage that gets through the bllock. even so, how much shave damage are we talking about. I'm super curious. The Warlord has it.

NanoNaps
02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
i think TC just wanted to know about the block damage stats.

TC, on your actual gear there is a stat for damage DEALT to blocking opponents, and damage MITIGATED by your own block. depending on gear, these numbers can vary wildly from player to player. hope that helps.

Wait, I thought gear doesn't count in duels, or did I miss something?

CrazyCaboose009
02-10-2017, 09:15 PM
how the hell do you parry? the tutorial make no mention of it and i don't see it n how to play either. All this time i thought the the only way to block was to just change direction right right stick. Also, when ever i try to guard break they somehow stop me in the middle of my action...i just stop. No damage is taken,the enemy flinches and i don't go through with my guard break. This happens alot so not sure how to block a guard break like they do.