PDA

View Full Version : Shieldguys block+attack

Captain.Weegee
01-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Hey,
i had a duel against a god damn pro warlord, and it sees like he blocked and attacked me at the same time... i am not sure but i thought that i saw a incomming attack with the red bar and a white block bar at once :nonchalance:
do the shieldclasses really have something like that? (not the defensive stance )

N0chtflam1r
01-28-2017, 04:49 AM
Warlord does.

"Block and Counter - The first of the Warlords special abilities is his ability to counter attack off any attack.

Whenever an enemy attacks the Warlord if he does a light attack at the same time you would parry while blocking in the same direction as the incoming attack . He will block the attack and instantly counter with a swift sword strike."

so fake a heavy, then hit light from a different direction :P

Captain.Weegee
01-28-2017, 05:00 AM
thank you very much that helps me alot:)

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 07:15 AM
thank you very much that helps me alot:)

Im 100% win with warlord on 1v1 and 4v4 right now. So if you need help I can give you more tips. Just have to tell more like what character you using.

HarmlesBlackGuy
02-01-2017, 03:54 AM
Warlord does.

"Block and Counter - The first of the Warlords special abilities is his ability to counter attack off any attack.

Whenever an enemy attacks the Warlord if he does a light attack at the same time you would parry while blocking in the same direction as the incoming attack . He will block the attack and instantly counter with a swift sword strike."

so fake a heavy, then hit light from a different direction :P

The conqueror has something similar. I know for certain he can do it with heavy attackstuff, but I can't remember if light attacks work too

IroncIad
02-01-2017, 07:23 PM
The conqueror has something similar. I know for certain he can do it with heavy attackstuff, but I can't remember if light attacks work too
He can do parries with side heavies, but they're not unavoidable like the Warlord's light parry.

Noobito
02-02-2017, 02:15 AM
Im 100% win with warlord on 1v1 and 4v4 right now. So if you need help I can give you more tips. Just have to tell more like what character you using.

Could you give tips for the Kensei against warlord? Warlord and conqueror feel unbeatable for me (I know they are not but I have trouble with them) when they are played by competent players. With the slow strikes (even light attacks are slow) I find it hard to stop their dashes (maybe its just mistiming but Im not sure if you can actually do that unless you already expect it)

Marmiteinjars
02-03-2017, 12:01 AM
I think the Warlord has the potential to be one of the best 1v1 duelists because of his counterattack abilities. But as suggested above, you can bait out his parries by feinting, dodge and landing a separate light attack afterwards. Or if you're certain that you can trade well with him say with an uninterruptible heavy attack then by all means do so after baiting his parry out.

baxtyr
02-03-2017, 05:44 AM
He can do parries with side heavies, but they're not unavoidable like the Warlord's light parry.

some classes can outrange (nuboshi) the counterstrike even if he nails the block & parry.

Karma_Ghost
02-08-2017, 12:15 AM
I think OP is referring to Warlord's Block and Stab. Warlord get's a nearly instant light attack if he blocks with Full Block. Unless you have a range advantage, this is an almost guaranteed hit, but it does waste a ton of stamina.