PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper OP

FlipTheUsbTwice
01-28-2017, 02:34 AM
She can get bs damage with 0 skill. Square, r1, r1, r1 = win. Remove bleed from the game. The 2 characters with this mechanic are broken.

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 02:56 AM
Are you kidding me? Peacekeeper is definitely not OP.

If you want OP... look at that Samurai trash with the really long sword.

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Just a little background on my current skill is 2nd day playing and I have 100% wins on warlord with 4v4 and 1v1. So far I never had issue with peacekeepers. Now let me explain. If they are doing a guard break just use a quick attack to respond, use a strong attack if you can read it, and I am not 100% sure on how it works but I been doing guard breaks on guard breaks to find my self getting a counter. I don't know if the last part is a warlord trait but been seeing it on the 1v1 because most 4v4 attacks are not guard breaks. So the tip is get better at reading your opponents. Play the Peacekeeper, I don't think most players know that you can play any class without recruiting them. Recruiting just give you the chance to customize the equipment as such. So on a 1v1 standard where I think gear stat is deactivated it doesn't matter. Playing them you will learn the animation timing (frames) and what the charge ups look like. Remember their running attacks can be a high attack or the guard break. So you can even roll to the side to avoid if they are coming at you.

P1gsFl1ght
01-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Of course the warlord is the one that doesn't have any issues, the best character for 1v1's with that jumping R2 and rushing bash. As a peace keeper main, (2 reputation and 51 gear score) light attacks from alternating directions are good against us with our limited blocking, along with the fact that they carry through against the grab. Also be prepared to block from above because our jumping R2 is the other OP one besides warlord's.

Stenier
01-30-2017, 03:09 AM
Of course the warlord is the one that doesn't have any issues, the best character for 1v1's with that jumping R2 and rushing bash. As a peace keeper main, (2 reputation and 51 gear score) light attacks from alternating directions are good against us with our limited blocking, along with the fact that they carry through against the grab. Also be prepared to block from above because our jumping R2 is the other OP one besides warlord's.

But the peacekeeper gameplay doesnt focus you on playing close quarters, you always keep distance or wait for opponent to attack. you literally have no need of blocking or deflectstabbing the attack, you have the most dodge range among otherclasses(even orochi). So just keep distance, play offencively, wait for opponent to open up. Bleeds with 3 hits take 1/2 HP. BUT OH MY GOD! you can block grab stabs from peacekeeper!. Just mash right block right when the knife hits your body. It took me at least one night to master it to perfection, but it really saves a lot. Devs just need to make a bigger window to block those stabs since they require a PERFECT reaction and timing. Thats it.

TCTF_SWAT
01-30-2017, 03:13 AM
Not everyone is going to throw the first hit for you. If you never attempt to attack first then you'll be getting stare downs when people don't want to attack you first.

mikeyxpoo
01-30-2017, 03:40 PM
She can get bs damage with 0 skill. Square, r1, r1, r1 = win. Remove bleed from the game. The 2 characters with this mechanic are broken.

Have you even played the tutorial? It teaches you how to guard-break counter. So you missed the opportunity to counter guard-break. Did you know that you can block those stabs?

So now you have four opportunities, 1 for counter guard-break and 3 for blocking each stabs. You can prevent most, if not all, with practice against the PK bot. If you still can't prevent most of the GB+stabby+stab+stab then we don't know what can help you.

L0k3d
01-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Did you know that you can block those stabs?.
How? :confused:

mikeyxpoo
01-30-2017, 05:46 PM
How? :confused:

The guard-break stabs are always coming from the right side. Time your block to the right side and it can block it.

Altair_Snake
01-30-2017, 08:30 PM
lol... that's not the big damage. The big damage is, when you're in revenge or the opponent is exausted, grab, double stab, kick-off, dash in, land free heavy + free stab.

And no, she is not OP.

As to the Warlord's jumping attack, just side step it.

XP4HuTEJlb
01-30-2017, 09:58 PM
The guard-break stabs are always coming from the right side. Time your block to the right side and it can block it.

I was sure that u have to press L1 just before every stab lands.... So u just have to "pull stick to the right" every time she strikes or what?

RLTygurr
01-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Read title.

Don't attack first, wait for them to attack you and counter. If you're fast enough to hit them during a side dodge (they will almost always go for a side dodge stab after you counter grab them) do it, reset, and do it again.

If you're too slow to do it, wait for them to exhaust themselves (Peacekeeper players seem to like being aggressive, and PK runs out of stamina surprisingly fast) then go in and grab them or find a way to knock them into a wall or the ground.

As a general rule against any opponent: If you can throw them into a wall, that's a free heavy attack on nearly every character before they can even react. Not saying to spam grab, but if they aren't ready for it they don't have a lot of hp to survive your heavies.

Boom, easy win against supposed OP class.

Altair_Snake
01-31-2017, 03:08 PM
Does anybody think it is too weird that the shank is blockable? That seems to make the Peacekeeper UP. Can the PK at leats vary the timing of the stabs a little bit, in order to make the blocking more difficult?

And can she land a guaranteed heavy, if she doesn't go for the shank?

Kisj
01-31-2017, 10:15 PM
***** please if any hero is OP it's the raider, i can stun and throw anyone i want if they're not good enough, the game is already perfectly balanced, every hero has its strengths and weaknesses, learn how to best utilize your preferred hero and get to know them inside out, i used to think that the Nobushi & peacekeeper were a bit OP thanks to their bleed, but they are glass cannons as ****, three heavy strikes (at least from my raider) kill them with ease, so i just hope Ubisoft won't **** this up by starting to "DICE" their game

Kroma-
02-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Does anybody think it is too weird that the shank is blockable? That seems to make the Peacekeeper UP. Can the PK at leats vary the timing of the stabs a little bit, in order to make the blocking more difficult?

And can she land a guaranteed heavy, if she doesn't go for the shank?

You can definitively change the timing on the third stab, but i couldn t do it on the second or it fails. Maybe i needed more practice, will see next beta.

About a guaranteed heavy after GB, i tried it and most opponent was able to block it. Maybe i was doing it wrong, as explained in a warden guide heavy attack can be slower if you change attack direction after GB ( but i didnt know that during the beta ).
I would expect you could do a guaranted heavy like almost any other classes ( but followed with an unblockable shank ). Which against good player could be better than doing the 3 shank since they could parry them easily.

Gray360UK
02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Nothing is OP.
Everything dies.

StrayZ
02-05-2017, 09:51 AM
I main peacekeeper and I will say the only thing that might need a nerf is a bit of the guard break bleed damage and would counter this by making it take less stamina

SF_JHawk373
02-06-2017, 09:07 PM
I predict one of the first balance changes that will happen is a nerf on Peacekeeper's bleed and bleeds in general. The decision will be debated with those who don't play Peacekeeper loving it and those who main her hating it however we all know that the complaints of many often outweigh the skill of others.

Umbram.Mortis
03-29-2017, 12:30 AM
You definitely are not playing at a higher level. I main PK, none of what is being complained about here is OP. She could use less damage on her stabs, but what makes her op is the lightning fast light spams combo'd with an instant zone teleport.

I stopped playing her because all people do is exploit those two things to win. Takes 0 skill, except when to mix up the two. If you doubt me, add me on uplay. Keehu is a pk who has mastered this ********ery. His excuse, "it wins tournaments". So does steroids...Ask Armstrong.

Umbram.Mortis

Tyler-Durdin
03-29-2017, 12:56 AM
Complaints are why we cant have nice things lets just nerf everything and have a game were everyone does 1 damage attacks

darkspawn2101
03-29-2017, 01:13 AM
Complaints are why we cant have nice things lets just nerf everything and have a game were everyone does 1 damage attacks

And well thought out complaints with a legitimate basis is why MLG organizers have started banning peacekeeper.

katarzyna1974
03-29-2017, 04:51 AM
In the current state of the game, peacekeeper is the weakest class. Anyone with half a brain and skill at blocking can destroy PK, she doesnt have anything to counter infinite blocking.

EmeraldCthulhu
03-29-2017, 06:26 AM
In the current state of the game, peacekeeper is the weakest class. Anyone with half a brain and skill at blocking can destroy PK, she doesnt have anything to counter infinite blocking.

Sure she doesn't. Except...
- she attacks faster then my LB changes guard stance
- she can attack you from to directions at the same time (indicator flashing two directions)
- her zone attack is completely broken, it's so fast
... and don't even get me started on the damage if she manages to grab you or how broken revange mode is on PK.

PK the weakest, sure.

Cozzy4480
03-29-2017, 08:08 AM
She's banned in MLG tourneys because she's op.....

katarzyna1974
03-29-2017, 09:03 AM
She's banned because the whiny 9 year olds that play MLG don't know how to block

Cozzy4480
03-29-2017, 09:43 AM
She's banned because the whiny 9 year olds that play MLG don't know how to block

Those 9 year olds must be such a challenge for you to be this salty.

TheRevanchist27
03-30-2017, 03:49 AM
She's banned in MLG tourneys because she's op.....

She's banned because some nobody on the MLG forums made a rage post and said they'd "boycott" MLG functions if they didn't ban her and asked other raging kids to post their names in "solidarity".

MLG organizers panicked and decided to temporarily ban the PK from some tournaments as an "experiment", that will be followed by a poll, that will likely be slanted.

Cozzy4480
03-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Uh huh. So not only are you an idiot, you're an idiot that spouts ********. MLG representatives stated the reasons why she was banned, and your statement is pure autism incarnate.
You're probably one of the salty boys that get to 1 bar as a PK, and leg it. lepusspuss.

TheRevanchist27
03-30-2017, 06:44 AM
Uh huh. So not only are you an idiot, you're an idiot that spouts ********. MLG representatives stated the reasons why she was banned, and your statement is pure autism incarnate.
You're probably one of the salty boys that get to 1 bar as a PK, and leg it. lepusspuss.

Except that "story" came from this article. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-for-honor-tournament-organisers-ban-the-games-most-overpowered-hero

MLG organizers caved in to the angered ramblings of some forum nobodies.

Also if you get to 1-bar as ANY hero and don't attempt to retreat, then that's your missed opportunity to survive, enjoy being dead for 15-seconds.

katarzyna1974
03-31-2017, 09:30 AM
The only valid reason to ban PK from tournaments, is because she's the weakest class. They are afraid people will constantly lose by playing the unviable class.