PDA

View Full Version : How are the VVS going to feel about the TA152?

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Say guys, now that we have all seen the new performance of the D9 (correct/incorrect? who knows), what do you think of the plans for the TA152 to be introduced?

Do you think if it's modelled like the D9 but better that there won't be a VVS plane that can touch it or not?

I think me Yak 3 is having a hard time keeping up with all the FW's now, specially the D9....if the TA comes I think the VVS is going to have their work cut out for them.

Skip the cr*pola about how accurate the fm is for the D9...assume it is correct and will stay. What's the TA going to be like?

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Say guys, now that we have all seen the new performance of the D9 (correct/incorrect? who knows), what do you think of the plans for the TA152 to be introduced?

Do you think if it's modelled like the D9 but better that there won't be a VVS plane that can touch it or not?

I think me Yak 3 is having a hard time keeping up with all the FW's now, specially the D9....if the TA comes I think the VVS is going to have their work cut out for them.

Skip the cr*pola about how accurate the fm is for the D9...assume it is correct and will stay. What's the TA going to be like?

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 04:57 PM
I think it's time all the VVS pilots make Gibbage 'an offer he can't refuse' to model a VVS uber plane. The VVS is lacking a jet isn't it. I mean, we've the P-80 comming up for the Americans right? So how about if you guys get Gibbage to do a VVS uber plane?

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy."

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Biggs is working on one, the Spitfire MK22. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Guess it is only matter of time, until someone Models the LA-9..probably not as fast as TA-152, but it should put up a good fight to TA-152.Or even the LA-11.. (thought it was 1946 plane) or some experimental Yaks, such as Yak-3/VK-108.. this plane did 745 km/h, quite a match for Ta-152 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't think Ta.152 would mess up with VVS birds. While they were made for low altitude fights, it was conceived to intercept heavy bombers at 9000 m.
Moreover Ta.152, altough a great plane at these high altitudes, was not very maneauvrable at the lower ones preferred by Yaks & Las.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Numbers I have for the La-7 and La-9 give the -9 a slightly higher top speed but a lower rate of climb than the -7. The La-9 did not get production authorization until Nov. '46. The La-11 prototype did not fly until June '47.

Vipez- wrote:
- Guess it is only matter of time, until someone
- Models the LA-9..probably not as fast as TA-152, but
- it should put up a good fight to TA-152.Or even the
- LA-11.. (thought it was 1946 plane) or some
- experimental Yaks, such as Yak-3/VK-108.. this plane
- did 745 km/h, quite a match for Ta-152

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:24 PM
The VVS is gonna fear us hehehehe.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:26 PM
nicolas10 wrote:
- The VVS is gonna fear us hehehehe.
-
- Nic
-
-

Not until we get a proper high altitude flight model they're not...

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
I think the only hope is in the Spitfire, and maybe the P-51 up high.

I don't think the model Ta152 that we're getting will be any more of a threat at lower altitudes than the Dora is now.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:34 PM
For online flights, don't expect that plane to be so great. It is at its best at high speeds (400 mph+) and high altitudes (20,000 ft+). You do the metric conversion. The P47, questionable roll rate notwithstanding, is a similar story.

Most online fights occur down in the weeds at low to medium speeds, where the Ta should be a little like a fish out of water. The Russian planes should eat it alive in these fights.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Ta-152 low altitude model perfoms just fine, i am sure.

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:00 PM
yakovlev_guy wrote:
- Say guys, now that we have all seen the new
- performance of the D9 (correct/incorrect? who
- knows), what do you think of the plans for the TA152
- to be introduced?
-
- Do you think if it's modelled like the D9 but better
- that there won't be a VVS plane that can touch it or
- not?
-
-
- I think me Yak 3 is having a hard time keeping up
- with all the FW's now, specially the D9....if the TA
- comes I think the VVS is going to have their work
- cut out for them.
-
-
- Skip the cr*pola about how accurate the fm is for
- the D9...assume it is correct and will stay. What's
- the TA going to be like?

Assuming the p-39 FM is correct and will stay, What's the P-63 going to be like? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:19 PM
The Ta 152 never really fought at high alt. Mainly at low and middle alt. Yet it managed a kill ratio superior to 6 to 1. And that was with low quality fuel...

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Suckerpunch11 wrote:
- For online flights, don't expect that plane to be so
- great. It is at its best at high speeds (400 mph+)
- and high altitudes (20,000 ft+). You do the metric
- conversion. The P47, questionable roll rate
- notwithstanding, is a similar story.
-
- Most online fights occur down in the weeds at low to
- medium speeds, where the Ta should be a little like
- a fish out of water. The Russian planes should eat
- it alive in these fights.
-
-

True Sucker, it's best at high alt. But look at the Dora now at low alt. While not dominating, it's definately NOT getting eaten alive, plus I've heard or read lots of anecdotes about the low alt TnB performance of hte TA...not pure science I agree but it still implies the plane can do both high and low alt fighting.

All I'm syaing is that the D9 is also optimzed for high alt fighting but look at how well it does down low right now. I don't think the TA will be any differnt.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:44 PM
nicolas10 wrote:
- The VVS is gonna fear us hehehehe.
-
- Nic

I am sure it will be hard to miss those big wings.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:46 PM
UR_Spinne wrote:
- I think it's time all the VVS pilots make Gibbage
- 'an offer he can't refuse' to model a VVS uber
- plane. The VVS is lacking a jet isn't it. I mean,
- we've the P-80 comming up for the Americans right?
- So how about if you guys get Gibbage to do a VVS
- uber plane?

First, the new VVS uber plane will be here shortly. It's a P51 Mustang. Have you tangled with an AI Mustang since the patch? They're UFOs. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Second, if you really want Gibb to get crackin' on a new VVS mount, open your wallet. I did.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Excerpt from "Focke Wulf, Ta 152" by Dietmar Harmann.

"The Ta 152H only saw combat at low to medium altitudes. It was mostly used protecting the airfields. They had to deal with attacks from all sides And they were constantly outnumbered. But the Ta 152H demonstrated its qualities as a fighter in these defensive battles. Its high speed, tight turning radius and enormous climbrate must actually have brought many P-47 and Tempest pilots to the point of desperation. Not a single Ta 152 was lost in all these airfield defence missions. During one encounter Obfw. Willi Reschke and Obfw. Walter Loos shot down two Yak-9's each. Later that day Loos shot down yet another Yak-9."

These were low level battles, something the Ta 152H was not designed for, yet still it proved to be a very lethal foe. Kurt Tank left four P-51's in the dust when they tried to pursue him. He engaged the MW50 and simply outflew them. At high altitudes the Ta 152 should have no equal.

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/robban75/Dora-9-3.JPG

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

Message Edited on 08/22/0305:48PM by robban75

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Didn't the Ta152 have the aid of AAA in those fights?

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
-
- nicolas10 wrote:
-- The VVS is gonna fear us hehehehe.
--
-- Nic
-
- I am sure it will be hard to miss those big wings.

If you have a tailgunner then you might be right.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:09 PM
BuzzU wrote:
- Didn't the Ta152 have the aid of AAA in those
- fights?

I'm sure they did. But not during the Yak-9 and Tempest fights.

I'll quote Obfw. Willi Reschke. "The Ta 152 was my life insurance during the final stages of the war".

The pilots appeared to have a high confidence in their aircraft./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:48 PM
The real question is, why would anyone want to fly a Ta152H-1 when the D-9 could do almost everything better at under 20k, except turning and firepower.

Well, a bit better turning capabilities and fast dive acceleration, cleaner design and better E-retention could mean something good I suppose.. but really, I don't see anything special about it.

ps) Wonder how they gonna implement both GM-1 and the MW-50 on the same plane, anyway.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Well they should have done the H-0. No GM1 or MW50.

Anyway the armament alone should make the H1 interesting to fly. If we had a Fw190D12 or Ta152C then it would probably be a better choice though.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 08:09 PM
robban75 wrote:
- Kurt Tank left four P-51's in the
- dust when they tried to pursue him. He engaged the
- MW50 and simply outflew them.
-
-

There are a lot of unknown details of this encounter, but the Ta was not armed. No debate he outdistanced the Ponys but,

What speed and altitude were the Ponys flying at?

What was the seperation distance of the a/c?

What was the direction the Ponys were flying compared to the Ta?

Had the Ta already started to accelerate when it was noticed by the Ponys? Ponys did not accelerate or climb that well.

What speed was the Ta at when in begans to accelerate

Did the Ponys have to go around the airfield's defences?

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 08:14 PM
How much fuel was in the P-51's too.

25th_Buzz
<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 08:57 PM
MiloMorai wrote:
- There are a lot of unknown details of this
- encounter, but the Ta was not armed. No debate he
- outdistanced the Ponys but,

Excerpt from "Kurt Tank: Focke Wulf's Designer and test pilot" by Wolfgang Wagner

In late 1944 Tank took off from Hannover-Langenhagen in one of the first Ta 152H-0's(equipped with an MW50 system) for a conference with his fellow workers in Cottbus. Shortly after leaving the runway the tower called out the warning:"Vier Indianer am Gartenzaun" - four Indians at the garden fence, meaning that the enemy planes were approaching the airfield perimiter. Soon he spotted four Mustangs closing rapidly in his rearview mirror. Tank accordingly pushed the throttle to emergency power and activated the water-methanol system. Soon the Mustangs became smaller and smaller and eventually disappeared in the haze. The system has proven itself impeccably. This event was later reported in an American magazine, with the Americans at a loss to explain what German aircraft could have such reserves of power to be able to simply walk away from Mustangs as though they'd been standing still.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:01 PM
I think ME-262 already can make VVS suffer...i don`t see TA making a such a great impact on the balance. Just y 02c.

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 09:18 PM
If the TA is that good, I may slap the red star on it and take it to the skies.

The germans supposedly had captured mustangs or some such, I'll just call it my super yak, least until the LA9 comes out.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:02 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- I think ME-262 already can make VVS suffer...i don`t
- see TA making a such a great impact on the balance.
- Just y 02c.

Well Ta were put back by the RLM waiting to see how the Me209 would do. Fact is the first versions of the Ta 152 would have been ready for mass production around 1943 if my memory serves me, which is much ealier than the Fw190D9 for instance. Huge scores of Ta 152s would have made the VVS suffer no doubt.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:03 PM
yakovlev_guy wrote:
- If the TA is that good, I may slap the red star on
- it and take it to the skies.
-
- The germans supposedly had captured mustangs or some
- such, I'll just call it my super yak, least until
- the LA9 comes out.

After the war the VVS used a squad of Fw190D. Around the baltic sea or somewhere like that IIRC. So technically you can already put a red star on it.

Nic

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I like the way both the VVS and LW parties think the other party's aircraft are overmodelled. The VVS party is probably going to whine about the TA-152 when it comes out and the LW party is going to do the same when the La-9 comes. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Since the TA152 is a high altitude version of the 190D then I think it won't make a damn difference since all the dogfights online are below 3000 meters anyway.

When does a game end being a game and become a simulator? Interesting questions to ponder while waiting, from Aces-High.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 01:01 PM
nicolas10 wrote:
-
- Cappadocian_317 wrote:
--
-- nicolas10 wrote:
--- The VVS is gonna fear us hehehehe.
---
--- Nic
--
-- I am sure it will be hard to miss those big wings.
-
- If you have a tailgunner then you might be right.
-
- Nic

I don't need a tail gunner for that, it's not the superplane many people here tend to believe.

Like every plane it has it's weak spots, the Ta152 is not better then other planes on all levels but I am sure when it released people are going to whine about it when they get shot down a few times.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
it's not the
- superplane many people here tend to believe.
-
- Like every plane it has it's weak spots, the Ta152
- is not better then other planes on all levels but I
- am sure when it released people are going to whine
- about it when they get shot down a few times.

If used correctly I believe none of the current planes in FB will handle it. A fighter that will turn well at all altitudes and speeds. The Ta 152 can touch 580km/h at low altitudes so it's not the fastest of the bunch but it can turn with any fighter of the opposition instead. At higher altitudes there's no contest. It's climbrate at higher alts will leave nothing to wish for. From the looks of it the Ta 152 has more aerodynamically pleasing low drag airframe compard to the D-9. So I guess zoom climbs and dive acceleration will be even better than that of the D. Its armament will cut anything to shreads in no time at all. In short I believe it will be the best piston engined fighter avaliable in FB./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 03:37 PM
You wait and see, there will be people whining about the plane that it's not good enough.

And if this plane is really going to spoil the balance on the dogfight servers it will be excluded anyway.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- You wait and see, there will be people whining about
- the plane that it's not good enough.
-
- And if this plane is really going to spoil the
- balance on the dogfight servers it will be excluded
- anyway.

I agree with the latter. And there will be whiners for sure.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Who cares how they feel about it. It was a plane used during the war. I like many others do not believe its a super plane by any means. A good plane...yes. But certainly not a uber plane. I liked the one post that said both sides basically whine when they have to work for the kills. Wouldnt it have been nice for a pilot to just drop in on his opponent and have no fear that the plane or the pilot could turn the tables on him and he could just shoot it down at will. Its fun when the odds are off a little. Makes you work your planes advantages against the other planes dis-advantages. The only thing I see happening to FB that I dont really care for is the introduction of post war planes. Whats the point and where will it end? I have seen posts about planes into the 1950's. Not that they will or wont make it into the game but really. I think I'll stick with the 44,45 servers and everything else is just arcade entertainment offline. Last time I looked at the name of the game it was (Forgotten Battles) not (What if Battles) I imagine there will be a lot of servers ban post war planes for that reason. And for the same reason the 262 is banned from some now. Flown correctly nothing can touch it. Lets replay D-Day with Satelite reconnaissance, cruise missles and A-10's. Or maybe we can toss in a Mig-29 or an F-86. And for the bomber buffs, lets give them a B-52. I bought the game for what it was, not where it seems to be going. You want jets or high performance post war planes ask Oleg to make a new game.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 05:10 PM
shoot the engine and the cockpit

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>Heaven is a place where the French are the cooks, the British are the butlers, the Germans are the mechanics, and the Swiss are the politicians. Hell is a place where the British are the cooks, the French are the butlers, the Swiss are the mechanics and the Germans are the politicians.<center>
<center>Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW<center>
http://proudbirdswing.tripod.com/proudbirds.htm

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center><marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"The ProudBirds..Fly High and Proud..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 05:25 PM
i'm quickly becoming a 262 pilot. I betcha a 262 can outrun a Ta-152. I mean, seriously, people.

in online servers, a Ta-152 will rarely get to high alts, so I will be able to zoom down upon one and unload a multitude of 30mm cannon shells into the pilots lap. That oughta do the job.

and when the P-80 and Go-229 are released . . and the 162 becomes flyable . . . aaam the joy! the joy!

I will probably get shot down lots by Ta-152 'cause I'm usually trying to stay 300-500 meters over the low alt furball in my 9K . . . and there I'm generally looking down . . . .

I may paint targets on my wings as well . . . in a Ta-152 jumps me my metephorical pants will be down. Dora's are a wee bit less deadly, because I have a turn advantage on them (there is nothing in this world as satisfying as watching a Dora flying straight and level 1500 meters below you . . . heh . . heh . . . heh . . . BOOM!)

German fighters are deadly. The 152 should just make it more so. Are you serious about it being able to outturn the likes of the La-7 and the Yak-3? THAT I will have to see! if it can outturn, outclimb, outaccelerate, outrun, outdive every other plane . . . it will be banned from most online servers. ach, we will see.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 06:10 PM
why should the TA-152 be banned?

People didn't seem to ban the VVS when they were at the height of their FM back in the old days...I would be surprised if people banned the TA-152 simply because it is better than anything the VVS had, but you never know.

Does it seem like the luftwaffe is always held to a different standard than the VVS side? It's apparently ok for the Yaks and the LA's to be awesome planes, but if a FW or an ME gets some teeth, seems people are upset about that.

In a GENERAL sense from watching these forums over 18 months, it has always looked like the luftwaffe pilots had to fight and fight hard to get what they have now. Did the VVS have to fight to get their current FM, or any FM in the previous patches? It doesn't seem so...I feel very strongly the game started out as all VVS and has been whittled down to something that appears to be more in balance with the way it was in real life. Personal opinion only here.

What we had in the orginal game favored the Russians...say what you like about that but having flown both sides for years I stand by my opinion. The Germans were disadvantaged. This has been generally true patch after patch until FB came out as well. Again, just a subjective view from behind the stick of countless hours online playing the game and watching what happens.

Today we have something approaching what I call 'realistic equality'.

Take a D9 and fly it to it's strengths and you SHOULD have an advantage. Nowhere have I read that VVS planes were so superior that the luftwaffe had no chance, everything depended on how the contestants engaged each other.

Likewise, bait the D9 into a low level furball and he no longer has an advantage...he'll get stomped most likely. Sounds kind of like using the right tactics matters alot doesn't it?

To me, this makes more sense and matches up very well with everything that I've read about the air combat of that era.
So we seem to have a more balanced game now...but most importantly it seems balance in the right ways. German planes now seem to have their characteristic advantages and in my opinion, so do the Russians. It's now a matter of understanding your plane, understanding what style works for you and understanding what your opponent is trying to do.

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 07:54 PM
bump.

Right on TX. 100% right.
TX-Zen wrote:

- why should the TA-152 be banned?
-
- People didn't seem to ban the VVS when they were at
- the height of their FM back in the old days...I
- would be surprised if people banned the TA-152
- simply because it is better than anything the VVS
- had, but you never know.
-
- Does it seem like the luftwaffe is always held to a
- different standard than the VVS side? It's
- apparently ok for the Yaks and the LA's to be
- awesome planes, but if a FW or an ME gets some
- teeth, seems people are upset about that.
-
-
- In a GENERAL sense from watching these forums over
- 18 months, it has always looked like the luftwaffe
- pilots had to fight and fight hard to get what they
- have now. Did the VVS have to fight to get their
- current FM, or any FM in the previous patches? It
- doesn't seem so...I feel very strongly the game
- started out as all VVS and has been whittled down to
- something that appears to be more in balance with
- the way it was in real life. Personal opinion only
- here.
-
-
- What we had in the orginal game favored the
- Russians...say what you like about that but having
- flown both sides for years I stand by my opinion.
- The Germans were disadvantaged. This has been
- generally true patch after patch until FB came out
- as well. Again, just a subjective view from behind
- the stick of countless hours online playing the game
- and watching what happens.
-
- Today we have something approaching what I call
- 'realistic equality'.
-
- Take a D9 and fly it to it's strengths and you
- SHOULD have an advantage. Nowhere have I read that
- VVS planes were so superior that the luftwaffe had
- no chance, everything depended on how the
- contestants engaged each other.
-
- Likewise, bait the D9 into a low level furball and
- he no longer has an advantage...he'll get stomped
- most likely. Sounds kind of like using the right
- tactics matters alot doesn't it?
-
- To me, this makes more sense and matches up very
- well with everything that I've read about the air
- combat of that era.
- So we seem to have a more balanced game now...but
- most importantly it seems balance in the right ways.
- German planes now seem to have their characteristic
- advantages and in my opinion, so do the Russians.
- It's now a matter of understanding your plane,
- understanding what style works for you and
- understanding what your opponent is trying to do.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- TX-Zen
- Black 6
- TX Squadron CO
- http://www.txsquadron.com
-
- clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)
-

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 08:25 PM
TX-Zen wrote:
- why should the TA-152 be banned?
-
- People didn't seem to ban the VVS when they were at
- the height of their FM back in the old days...I
- would be surprised if people banned the TA-152
- simply because it is better than anything the VVS
- had, but you never know.

Wrong, I found many servers hosted by "Blue" teams that excluded the LA5FN and the Yak3 in the old IL2 days because they were too good for their taste as well as the Yak9K because it didn't see enough combat during WWII.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:

-
- Wrong, I found many servers hosted by "Blue" teams
- that excluded the LA5FN and the Yak3 in the old IL2
- days because they were too good for their taste as
- well as the Yak9K because it didn't see enough
- combat during WWII.
-

As I said, you never know. I didn't have the luxury of playing on every server possible, a few too many out there. If VVS planes were banned (for appropriate reasons) thats very cool. I did hear of some people banning the 9K in particular simply because of the lethality of the gun. I can live with that, it used to be way way too accurate.

I spent 10 years as an M1 tank commander in the US Army. I can tell you from experience how difficult it is to hit a moving tank under combat conditions, even with a ballistics computer and a good crew.

A 9K has to hit a smaller target than another tank, a target that is often generating large amounts of lead and one that is many times 500 meters or farther away and while pulling high G turns to get the shot. Yet in the old game the chance to hit was extremely high...unrealistically high imho. FM's aside, the old game had issues with ballistics in a big way.

Typical tank combat ranges in WW2 were 500 to 1000 meters in many cases and tanks crews rarely scored more than 50% hit probability...if that high even.

These days I'm very glad the ballistics model has been made more accurate, while I don't especially care if such and such plane is too fast or to agile, having a single shot cannon like the 9K as accurate as it used to be was nothing short of ridiculous in the context of dogfighting.

Anyway, S~

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:06 PM
So if a good reason to ban a plane from a server is good enough for you then why do you oppose if someone with a reason excludes a certain plane from his server?

It's his reason and his choice.

So far all you did was talk from one side of the river, just because this topic is on the other side you complain about it and trumpet the higher honor and credibility of your "side" towards others.

Besides, someone happens to host a server and exclude a few planes from it who are you to decide what should be there or not?

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:41 AM
I see no reason banning a plane that is close to historically correct in performance. However, did the Yak9T/K ever lose 100km/h when firing their airborne AAA guns? I guess not. And were they ever plagued performance wise by their heavy armament? Nope. I can understand why these fighters were banned. The IL2/FB Yak9T/K was nowhere near the real T/K's in terms of energy bleed and manouverablity. However their massive sniper cannon had no flaws at all. Scoring kills from a 1000m away was easy to perform. If the Ta 152 will be modelled somewhat historcally correctly, we will probably see them banned just as the 262 was in the FB 1.0. But for reasons far from the banning of the Yak9T/K's. Just my thoughts./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, the Me262 in FB 1.0 was modelled completely accurate.

Don't make me laugh, it's top speed was over 1100 km/h, climbrate and turn rate was totally off.
You could even make a flip on the runway landing with some exploit.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 02:28 PM
I wasn't trying to imply that the 262 was correct as it had an FM coming straight from MS Flightsimulator. I flew it a couple of times, and that was enough for me. As for the Ta 152. We'll see. It won't collect kills all by itself, it will still require the correct tactics. I just hope it's everything that the history books says it was./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif