PDA

View Full Version : I have several questions about game mechanics that were never well explained

macaddict17
01-27-2017, 10:23 PM
1. I've heard the game mention parrying... how is this different from blocking and how do you do it rather than just blocking? Can all characters parry?
2. What about counter-attacking? Does that refer simply to timing your attacks well, or is it a dedicated move?
3. What is the grey bar at the bottom of the screen with the fist next to it? Is that renown? What does renown even do?
4. Is dominion the only mode with Feats?
5. What is revenge mode, how do you activate it, and what does it do?

Thanks for clearing up my confusion! I'd love it if the final game did a better job explaining some of these more advanced concepts.

TripSin.
01-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Parry is explained in practice mode. You should try it before complaining that the game doesn't explain things. Every character has movesets which explains their ability. I've only been playing Peacekeeper, and if you bothered to actually read her abilities it does explain she has a specific deflect ability and a counter attack off deflect. Yes, only dominion has feats - try playing the game to find out things like this. Revenge mode is explained again in character move sets. Try reading.

macaddict17
01-27-2017, 10:38 PM
I played for 5 hours yesterday, and I did play through practice mode. I was doing a lot of reading to try and understand all the moves, these were the items where I couldn't find an answer.

This is a complex game, things slip through the cracks. Lay off, will you?

TripSin.
01-27-2017, 11:04 PM
There are also videos and a practice bot.

Munktor
01-27-2017, 11:08 PM
I played for 5 hours yesterday, and I did play through practice mode. I was doing a lot of reading to try and understand all the moves, these were the items where I couldn't find an answer.

There was no need for that last poster to be so snide, I agree. I, myself, have played the Alpha and now the Beta and would agree that the devs didn't do a "great" job at explaining all the mechanics.

One of the things that is a bit odd is how they give you the first "tutorial" and then send you off into the action. If you go back to the main menu, there are advanced tutorials for some of the questions you have, as well hero specific videos to teach you how to play specific hero playstyles. For example, the conqueror (shield and flail hero) plays VERY differently than most of the heroes. Without watching his video during the alpha I don't think i'd understand half of what he can and can't do.

People could explain it here on the boards, but really the videos do a better job, so i'd suggest you check them out.

macaddict17
01-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Where do I find the tutorials about advanced mechanics on the menu? The character videos are helpful, I agree. Still have no clue what Revenge Mode is though!

Konamitsu
01-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Where do I find the tutorials about advanced mechanics on the menu? The character videos are helpful, I agree. Still have no clue what Revenge Mode is though!

revenge mode is when u parry or play gaining power and u can use E or R to become stonger

But i still dont know how to use the 4 skills u can choose in customisation (when u kill several pple) - some are passive and other active...

have fun ++

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 07:04 AM

If you want a complex game need to play War of the Roses. Just a example to do damage on someone with armor with arrows/bolts you need to hit inside their visors or the joint of their armor. But the more their helm protects the face the less they are able to see. Also all directional fighting doesn't have prompts like this game. In the end this game is just the newb friendly version of War of the Roses. So just sit down and please read the information the game give you. There is how to play section on the game menu, practice bots, move list, and videos for all classes on their skills with general strat how to play them. The reason you going to get lots of flame is because this game has the most hand holding information in the game itself available for players.

kID_is_onLINE
01-28-2017, 07:07 AM
revenge mode is when u parry or play gaining power and u can use E or R to become stonger

But i still dont know how to use the 4 skills u can choose in customisation (when u kill several pple) - some are passive and other active...

have fun ++

When you gain enough Renown (through several in game actions and passively), you gain abilities. If the ability isn't passive, you need to press 1,2,3, or 4 to activate.