PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Mode

Kovy__
01-27-2017, 07:58 PM
What is the point of revenge mode? To give a bad player a huge advantage for nearly dying, allowing them to become overpowered and land a kill...?

Kovy__
01-27-2017, 09:52 PM
It punishes bad players for spamming attacks and not backing off when revenge starts.

Seriously, 1 second without attacking is all you need to ensure the revenge meter goes back to almost zero; and if revenge is procced back off and wait until it goes away, don't stand there like a fool trying to land hits.

lol "spamming attacks" -- you're right, give your enemy a few minutes to catch their breath; don't fight them relentlessly and try to win.

Kovy__
01-27-2017, 11:12 PM
1 second is all its needed to stop the revenge gain; beside if you keep hitting your enemy block you are not doing anything but running out of stamina.

I think you're missing my point. If someone does that, let them run out of stamina and then the enemy has an opportunity to strike. There's no reason to cast them into a superhuman state. I think that's totally unnecessary and that's what I'm arguing here. I understand how to avoid it... I'm just saying that it shouldn't be something to avoid in the first place because it shouldn't exist. As for the second part of your post... the enemy still takes damage when they block; it can be enough to push things over the edge in some instances. But anyway...

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 12:03 AM
But the punishment for spamming is both running out of stamina and letting the enemy use revenge: the solution is to stop attacking 1 second, so you both regain stamina and let the revenge meter drop.

It's a very good thing this game punish spammers.

The damage through block is negligible, and hitting the enemy block constantly is only good against bad players: a good player will block until you end up without stamina and then parry you, they don't even need revenge.

Instead you can try to guard break for example.

Everything you're saying sounds like justification for why revenge mode is completely unnecessary.

RealRondomGuy
01-28-2017, 04:06 AM
Pretty much, not sure how it works considering I just played a match where the entire enemy team managed to abuse it somehow, getting revenge mode for almost an entire match by ganging up on teammates 4 on1. they were pretty much stomping us into the ground before we could even get our meters half way

Kovy__
01-28-2017, 04:25 AM
Pretty much, not sure how it works considering I just played a match where the entire enemy team managed to abuse it somehow, getting revenge mode for almost an entire match by ganging up on teammates 4 on1. they were pretty much stomping us into the ground before we could even get our meters half way

People just gear up to spam revenge mode because it's an easy win.

One of the worst mechanics I've ever seen in a game. It needs to be completely removed.

TCTF_SWAT
01-28-2017, 04:31 AM
Never played fighters I see.

kaydallben
01-28-2017, 05:04 AM
My experience thusfar with Revenge mode is that it is heavily useful in giving a 1vX a chance. Last match I played, I kept 1v3ing others. Didn't end up killing them until my team showed up again, but Revenge kept me alive long enough. Against idiots who just kept trying to 3v1 me, undoubtedly it was a Pissoff to them they couldn't kill me 4/5 times and a lucky shot from a teammate ended them.

It's supposed to be a fun game for everyone. If Revenge OP's people just for "almost dying", it at least allows people to not get stuck in an endless cycle of Running to Battle, get owned, wait, respawn, repeat. It's worth the tradeoff of the minor frustration of the players who have timing and skill and tactics down to have to hold off a sec or two.

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Really Revenge mode is preventing a fight from ending too fast due to cheese. To trigger revenge mode a lot of damage has to be put out to one player. If there was no revenge mode then you can cheese everyfight with just dumping damage as fast as possible. So it makes it more skilled based since you have to kill someone over multiple engagements not just one cheese attack orgy.

MutilatedRelic
01-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Really Revenge mode is preventing a fight from ending too fast due to cheese. To trigger revenge mode a lot of damage has to be put out to one player. If there was no revenge mode then you can cheese everyfight with just dumping damage as fast as possible. So it makes it more skilled based since you have to kill someone over multiple engagements not just one cheese attack orgy.

Utter bs. The entire time I've been playing I've faced off against gankers who spam revenge. Some will literally get revenge a few seconds into the match or receive it a few seconds after their initial revenge use. I don't understand how it's supposed to stop cheese fights when I'm being vaporized by mobs. The mechanic is broken af, especially since you can spec you gear to increase revenge stats (duration, damage, def, etc). It's bad enough that the time you have to attack someone after guard breaking is so miniscule that they usually start blocking before you finish your animation but it apparently doesn't deter their revenge gain.

The_Mensan
01-28-2017, 07:16 PM
This game is simple enough and it risk going into a dumb hack and slash game of the 90s with A, B, A+B combat system.

Revenge mode give you character build options, you can be attack/defense/stamina/block damage/revenge mode... It's a very important part of game diversity. Even if you hate it, without it, everyone will play the same way as you and that's boring.

To avoid Revenge Mode... Simply don't be a bad player. Hitting them generates VERY LITTLE revenge, it's the blocking and parrying that fills it up. So when you say, "a bad player" getting revenge mode on you, you are actually saying you were simple mindedly button mashing while he methodically blocked/parried you and then revenge mode you for a flashy finish? Lol... I imagine that was the point.

Don't just attack blindly. Use feints, use guardbreaks. I virtually never let a 1v1 situation go into revenge mode. The only time it happens is when my teammates rush in and heavy attack all day pretending this is Soul Caliber or something. Don't be that guy. Play smart.

Palora
01-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Utter bs. The entire time I've been playing I've faced off against gankers who spam revenge. Some will literally get revenge a few seconds into the match or receive it a few seconds after their initial revenge use. I don't understand how it's supposed to stop cheese fights when I'm being vaporized by mobs.

You either have no idea how revenge works, what revenge is or what gank means.
Ganking means multiple people attacking 1 guy, Revenge triggers fast for the one getting attacked by multiple guys, it's almost impossible to trigger revenge in 1 v 1 (since competent players will kill each other way before that). So you can't be Revenged Gank, since you'll be the one for whom the Revenge bar fills first.

And that's what Revenge is, an anti-ganking ability, it gives skilled players a chance against multiple opponents. And only that, a chance, if those opponents have a bit of brain they can easily overcome it (time your attacks so that they hit in succession to keep him from attacking, guard brake, block his attacks, use Feats, or better yet, don't just try to gank everyone every time, there are points you could capture while you waste time in a pointless fight).

Of course, if you are bad at the game, and you are running around in glass cannon gear, ofc you'll die to revenge after you and your friends get blocked, run out of stamina and he lands a hit on you.

Kovy__
01-29-2017, 10:30 PM
I should have known that all the noobs who can't get kills without spamming revenge mode would rush to this thread to defend it...

Ryumanjisen
01-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Actually, Revenge Mode is what separates the noobs from the real players.

Got ganked by 2 noobs (3 even if you are really good and have a little luck)? Revenge mode got you covered, can kill them,

Got ganked by 2 good players? Not even Revenge Mode will save you.

TCTF_SWAT
01-30-2017, 12:52 AM
I like it. It's the Gb that's needs looking into.

The-Alpha-Gamer
01-30-2017, 03:07 AM
The revenge mode should not be removed under ANY circumstances :)

The revenge mode can be the only help you'll get when you're in a 2v1, 3v1 or even a 4v1 match.

You may not understand how Revenge actually works, so here's some info from my experience with it.

You fill the revenge meter by: Blocking, being injured and fighting multiple people at once. (By blocking to the left or right while someone else is fighting you.)

You can adjust the amount of revenge timer and gains by upgrading and changing your equipment.

It takes some time for the revenge meter to fill while you're fighting in a 1v1 match, and it usually takes me 1-2 minutes fighting the same guy to fill it.

The meter also completely drains if you stop fighting someone or they stop attacking you.

So if someone is the Peacekeeper and gets revenge by fighting 3 of you at once, that means she literally blocked and survived against 3 of you at once.

The-Alpha-Gamer
01-30-2017, 03:12 AM
If you don't want someone to get their "Revenge", don't spam Heavy attacks while they keep blocking and try not to gang up on someone if there's already a 1v1 happening.

Stenier
01-30-2017, 03:18 AM
What is the point of revenge mode? To give a bad player a huge advantage for nearly dying, allowing them to become overpowered and land a kill...?

The point is when enemy "rats" are attacking you in the back you can survive and run or survive and kill someone. Revenge mode brings VENGENCE to the battle.
So enemies are forced to run past you and watch their ally's back (to protect you and your enemy from your groupmates) and just watch the battle and guard territory. If they will attack you in a block or a parry (which is a bit easier to land if you are attacked from the side), you will just got nuts mad and kill their mate in one blow (or not if they have good timing)

TCTF_SWAT
01-30-2017, 03:22 AM
In 1v2+ enemies I try not to attack much with the conqueor. Just stall for time or get a knockdown and create distance. With the peacekeeper. Same thing really.

cahdar
01-30-2017, 10:15 PM
I should have known that all the noobs who can't get kills without spamming revenge mode would rush to this thread to defend it...

just...leave, pls..it hurts.
but you are right, against players like you, revenge mode saves the day.
against good players, revenge mode will not save you.
and now again, pls just move along, thats not the game you are looking for.

Altair_Snake
01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
It's the anti-ganking mechanic. It's really hard to activate in 1v1. You can see when your opponent can activate it. You can just be careful or actually back out. It's needed in the game, or else ganks would be unbeatable (if the gankers are good). And it is not OP. Just make sure you respect it.

Also try to learn teh concept that you're not always helping your ally by ganking his opponent. Ganking must be done with efficiency, by stun-locks and GBs. If you just attack mindlessly, you're just gonna concede easy revenge, due to the external block. I have lost some fights I was winning, because a teammate ganked badly an dgave the enemy revenge. In some cases the ally even saves the enemy from damage, like when they interrupt the PK shank. :mad:

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:21 AM
lmao i've only ever seen the garbage players that abuse revenge mode, defend it. Revenge mode is way too over-powered. Gives garbage, skillless players a massive advantage for being bad at the game. You can be fighting someone 1 on 1, have them 1 hit away from a kill and they'll go into revenge mode and become an OP God basically. It's stupid and needs to either be removed or nerfed. Makes absolutely 0 sense, not sure who the genius was the came up with the bright idea "Hey guys i know, if a player is outnumbered or losing a fight let's give him the advantage by replenishing his health and doubling his attack and D ! "

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:28 AM
Actually, Revenge Mode is what separates the noobs from the real players.

Got ganked by 2 noobs (3 even if you are really good and have a little luck)? Revenge mode got you covered, can kill them,

Got ganked by 2 good players? Not even Revenge Mode will save you.

More like, get ganked by 2 players better than you. Spam revenge mode and become an OP god.

Get ganked by 2 players clearly levels above you, you're screwed.

I've only ever seen the garbage players that can't fight 1 on 1 defend it. It's clearly overpowered, i can see why you would want to keep it in the game though. Helps players like you survive and even win. Especially with the armor upgrades people have now, people can spam revenge mode every 10 seconds. Losers will literally let you hit them on purpose, activate revenge mode by injury and kill you. It's a joke, needs a major fix.

Revenge mode does separate "noobs'" from "real players" noobs need 0 skill and rely solely on revenge mode the entire game.

There's absolutely no logic in giving a player that's outnumbered the advantage in a fight. No logic whatsoever. 9/10 the guy in revenge mode wins the fight in a 2v1 (where he is the one alone)

It's basically a free win mechanism for bad players or players who want the exploit the game by spamming it non-stop