PDA

View Full Version : Canceled preorder

SaltRock1985
01-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately decided to cancel my preorder of the game. Being unable to test it I have to go off of other peoples experiences and recommendations. A lot of streamers are saying the game play is very clunky and not fluid. The Pier 2 pier servers are terrible and the overall experience is not what they expected.

Now being unable to test this for myself, as the beta keys are so scarce, I have to go on the recommendation and experience of others. Sad really been looking forward to this game since E3.

drvr1337
01-27-2017, 04:41 PM
The game is OK. Some heroes just need some balance (like berserker). But the REAL and MAIN problem is the P2P connection.

Dank_lemonaids
01-27-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't blame you. The game feels more like a free-to-play more than anything. The economy is atrocious and everything feels so damned grindy.I won't be buying it.

Eleanor-Ripley
01-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Jesus christ people.. its a beta.

Things will improve, even beyond the release of the game, just be patient.

Then again, if you join a beta expecting to play a full game completely bug-free then yeah, perhaps you should find something else to play.

RatedChaotic
01-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Ya most of the people complaining have L2P issues. The game is awesome. I have yet to see this clunkiness people are claiming. Must be a L2P issue aswell.

RatedChaotic
01-27-2017, 06:00 PM
The grind negativity is coming from non champion status players.

SaltRock1985
01-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Ya most of the people complaining have L2P issues. The game is awesome. I have yet to see this clunkiness people are claiming. Must be a L2P issue aswell.

Did you actually read anything? The whole thing I am saying is I have to base my opinion on other peoples game experience (mainly other streamers) If they say it feels clunky, laggy and just all in all bad where I didnt get a beta key I cannot make up my own opinion.

After RSS and the train wreck that turned out to be I'm not blindly preordering and getting all access to another title again without first trying it myself.

iHunny
01-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Did you actually read anything? The whole thing I am saying is I have to base my opinion on other peoples game experience (mainly other streamers) If they say it feels clunky, laggy and just all in all bad where I didnt get a beta key I cannot make up my own opinion.

After RSS and the train wreck that turned out to be I'm not blindly preordering and getting all access to another title again without first trying it myself.

Yeah, if you cannot try the game on your own and not sure if you will like it or not thats the correct stance to take.

RatedChaotic
01-27-2017, 07:20 PM
OP basing YOUR opinion on what OTHERS are saying is never the right thing to do. I dont feel the game is clunky at all and havent experienced any lag at all. So Believe those streamers if you want. I on the other hand love the game. After learning how to block, parry and guard break when needed it feels very fluid. Most streamers are not very good at gaming anyway. They just think, act, and talk like they are.

SaltRock1985
01-27-2017, 07:25 PM
OP basing YOUR opinion on what OTHERS are saying is never the right thing to do. I dont feel the game is clunky at all and havent experienced any lag at all. So Believe those streamers if you want. I on the other hand love the game. After learning how to block, parry and guard break when needed it feels very fluid. Most streamers are not very good at gaming anyway. They just think, act, and talk like they are.

Its still ENOUGH to CANCEL a preorder and wait for the release and see what the reviews say. (sorry i had to do the capitals thing made me feel like a man LUL

CoyoteXStarrk
01-27-2017, 07:36 PM
I agree. I cancelled mine on amazon a little bit ago.

They need to do ALOT before I consider buying the game period let alone spend $60 on it.

Genuine.Prodigy
01-27-2017, 08:34 PM
I mean, if you're watching streamers why are you listening to their opinion? You can literally watch the gameplay and form your own opinion.

Nev4da.tv
01-27-2017, 08:59 PM
I mean, if you're watching streamers why are you listening to their opinion? You can literally watch the gameplay and form your own opinion.

Watching gameplay without knowing how the controls feel, or how responsive they are doesn't tell you if those things are issues.

SaltRock1985
01-27-2017, 09:33 PM
Also you do not know if the issues others are complaining about are because of their computer spec's or internet. The fact the only place to get any information is by watching streamers, the simple fact they are chewing through their upload by streaming could be causing a issue. You never know. Not being able to test it on your own setup and come to your own verdict is a problem.

I also assume where the release date is so soon there will not be an open beta, just this closed one.

Petarssonic
01-27-2017, 09:51 PM
why people complain about server issues during a beta is weird...these problems always occur...

but why i am pretty disappointed is the combat system. i was very excited since seeing the first impressions of this game...now, that i was playing, i am just sorry for this awesome setup...vikings vs. knights vs. samurai...crazy good! but the gameplay...meh...i stay with bf1 for now...

Kovy__
01-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Everyone keeps saying, "It's a beta!"

Yeah, well it's a beta that's two weeks from release. There's only so much that can be accomplished between now and then and I'm not looking forward to buying yet another game that promises improvements "sometime after release." If your game isn't ready, don't release it - period. Let's also keep in mind that we're talking about Ubisoft here. I'm still waiting for them to fix the problems that were present during the Rainbow Six Siege beta and it's been over a year...

PaUZZze
01-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Haha second post ive seen like this. Jeez the weez people who cares what streamers think. They clearly don't know jack cause I haven't had a problem with it. Based on MY experience its great. Which is what you and the majority of people should base your opinions off of. If you havent played it, then your opinion is completely meaningless my friend.

Pope138
01-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Everyone keeps saying, "It's a beta!"

Yeah, well it's a beta that's two weeks from release. There's only so much that can be accomplished between now and then and I'm not looking forward to buying yet another game that promises improvements "sometime after release." If your game isn't ready, don't release it - period. Let's also keep in mind that we're talking about Ubisoft here. I'm still waiting for them to fix the problems that were present during the Rainbow Six Siege beta and it's been over a year...

Yeah, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that how it plays in the beta could very well be what we get at launch.

SaltRock1985
01-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Haha second post ive seen like this. Jeez the weez people who cares what streamers think. They clearly don't know jack cause I haven't had a problem with it. Based on MY experience its great. Which is what you and the majority of people should base your opinions off of. If you havent played it, then your opinion is completely meaningless my friend.

That is the issue, many people cannot test for themselves, as such have to go off of reviews and the opinions of others. It just happens most of the opinions are to avoid this game, which is unfortunate as I was really looking forward to the release. $60 to "test" the game - which many places will not refund - if on pc - is a fair chunk to "gamble" especially when the census is to avoid the game for now.

Game developers nowadays are terrible, the new trend is to release unfinished products and promise hotfixes at a later date. or offer games on platforms such as steam as pre release early access.

FR4NCO
01-27-2017, 10:47 PM
love it how people are like oh it's only beta a lot will change.....this game is pretty much done and comes out in a couple weeks....what more do you think will change and not only that but for AAA games these days betas are pretty much their finished product with only a few tweaks and balancing coming in after.

ThatCanuckGuy
01-28-2017, 01:36 AM
going off of what others say is why no mans sky sold as much as it did.

if you want to follow the hype, fine be my quest. we don't need negative nancies playing this game. there is no safe place or cry rooms here. only blood, gore and an awesome battle system.

Jack-Sp1cer
01-28-2017, 02:56 AM
the game is fun and original don't get me wrong, but its really unbalanced at the moment here are some stuff they need to fix.
-Stamina drain
some characters hardly loose it while attacking and defending.

-OP damage you know who they are.

-1v1 is fine.
1v2 and 1 vs 3 and 1 vs 4 is just dumb without giving the player being out numbered a buff.

like many other post have said it really does feel like a free download right now not worth $60 bucks

Rougor
01-28-2017, 03:41 AM
Salt don't feel left out I just ticked for a refund also, i was rather disappointed with the game play,
To be honest it is just a slash n bash 2017 arcade game, no story line , no lore, pretty much a TEKKEN with a face lift
best fighter is best ping in my opinion definitely not worth A$80

xJayzenx
01-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Which is why I will rent this game before even thinking of buying it. I have watched this game for a long time and did not get a beta invite "sigh". Be glad you folks at least get a chance to try it out!

xLeapingLizardx
01-28-2017, 04:38 AM
To a player getting used to and learning this game, it's frustrating. Combat only feels clunky if you don't know the combos. When you properly perform combos and abilities they flow smoothly.
Also this game is not "slash and bash". To be successful, you need to have a balance of offense and defense. If you are dying from someone going on an all-out slash fest, then that means you need to practice defense. If you are going on a slash fest and defeat someone, they don't know how to defend well. If you go on a slash fest and get punished, that person knows how to balance offense with defense.

Of course, there are a lot of things that they will have to change balance wise. But generally this game punishes players who don't reaaally know the game well (outside of "change stance" "attack" "block"). There's just so much more to it...

So if you just generally aren't good and don't know combos the combat will feel clunky and frustrating leading you to dislike the game. If you are a good player, you know exactly what to do and when to do it, it results in fluid controls and exciting gameplay leading you to like the game.

Rump_Buffalo
01-28-2017, 04:52 AM
To the people saying "This is just a beta, launch will be better"

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. Release is in 2 weeks. I work in the gaming industry and I can tell you that this is their launch build, if not VERY close to it. You will see little to no change in performance or fluidity unless they have a major overhaul in the works that they just didn't put out for the beta for some reason, which is extremely unlikely.

That being said, I think the game just has an extremely steep learning curve. It seems like people who know what they're doing are far more fluid. However, p2p servers are garbage and Ubi tries to use them for every game. I hope they change this as it is one area where a massive improvement can be made in a relatively short amount of time.

Glory.to.Trump
01-28-2017, 04:59 AM
Probably not gonna buy the full version if everyone is just gonna be lame as **** and shove off ledges 24/7

Rump_Buffalo
01-28-2017, 07:49 AM
maybe don't put your back to a ledge

RatedChaotic
01-28-2017, 08:43 AM
the game is fun and original don't get me wrong, but its really unbalanced at the moment here are some stuff they need to fix.
-Stamina drain
some characters hardly loose it while attacking and defending.

-OP damage you know who they are.

-1v1 is fine.
1v2 and 1 vs 3 and 1 vs 4 is just dumb without giving the player being out numbered a buff.

like many other post have said it really does feel like a free download right now not worth $60 bucks

No way! Know your surroundings! We dont need conqs getting more of a def buff. I get into a hall with my conq and 1v2 alot. Add a def buff on top of that. Ill take it.

RatedChaotic
01-28-2017, 08:51 AM
To the people saying "This is just a beta, launch will be better"

I'm sorry but you're just wrong. Release is in 2 weeks. I work in the gaming industry and I can tell you that this is their launch build, if not VERY close to it. You will see little to no change in performance or fluidity unless they have a major overhaul in the works that they just didn't put out for the beta for some reason, which is extremely unlikely.

That being said, I think the game just has an extremely steep learning curve. It seems like people who know what they're doing are far more fluid. However, p2p servers are garbage and Ubi tries to use them for every game. I hope they change this as it is one area where a massive improvement can be made in a relatively short amount of time.

I snicker everytime someone claims to be on the inside. Your not in there writing code or designing anything for these games. Your probly in packaging or distribution. Nice try. But I call BS.