PDA

View Full Version : Edit /repair pilot career

dieg777
05-24-2004, 04:39 AM
I have il2fb patched to 1.22
I have extreme ones BOB add on and I have just installed IL2 DCG v2.57. Everything was ok until I started playing around with the DCG and now I cannot get my IL2 pilot career to load. I can get single missions, Quick missions , start a new career and fly my new BOB campaign but not my old German campaign- http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif when I select my pilot and press load all that appears is a pale blue screen and when I ESC the main menu has gone and still left with pale blue screen -I have to exit the game and reload to fly single missions.
If I can not recover this can I start a new career and edit this somehow to start on a later mission to prevent me flying those missions again?
all help appreciated
dave

GUNNER
Gunner get a decent signature
Gunner learn to fly
Gunner learn to shoot
Gunner not run out of bullets just as I get on his six

dieg777
05-24-2004, 04:39 AM
I have il2fb patched to 1.22
I have extreme ones BOB add on and I have just installed IL2 DCG v2.57. Everything was ok until I started playing around with the DCG and now I cannot get my IL2 pilot career to load. I can get single missions, Quick missions , start a new career and fly my new BOB campaign but not my old German campaign- http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif when I select my pilot and press load all that appears is a pale blue screen and when I ESC the main menu has gone and still left with pale blue screen -I have to exit the game and reload to fly single missions.
If I can not recover this can I start a new career and edit this somehow to start on a later mission to prevent me flying those missions again?
all help appreciated
dave

GUNNER
Gunner get a decent signature
Gunner learn to fly
Gunner learn to shoot
Gunner not run out of bullets just as I get on his six

Curly_109
05-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Extreme_One messed up with compatibility of that campaign with original IL-2 FB(AEP), although campaign itself is very fine(better than we've already have), that BoB campaign creates new backgrounds etc. that replaces original ones. I also have problems with it and I've been forced to reinstall AEP due to this problems.

Editing of your career... I post exact topic long time ago and I get answer that it cannot be done. All you have to do is BACKUP your campaign before installing anything new over your IL-2 folder. However try to wipe out newly created files by BoB installer. That's all I can tell...

Edbert
01-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Rather than start a new thread on a topic that may have been discussed to death I tried to search for my issue here. The closest thing i came accross is this subject.

I have not messed with the BoB campaign tool at all. I have a merged install of IL2/FB/AEP/PF with a USN campaign that is in its 47th mission. Once I applied patch 3.01 the campaign is hosed. It allows me to fly that mission but I cannot end the mission without a lockup. I put 3.02 on, as well as 3.03. I even trieds to install PF as a stand alone and copy over my users and missions folder but i get the same results.

I have some campaings that have sortie totals in the triple digits, I sure hope all is not lost.
Can anything be done to rescue an old campaign?

ThreeCrow
01-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Most of my campaigns are toast at this point so I am making and flying training missions until the dust settles. I started one Wake Island Marine campaign but found some strange items.... two of my pilots were born in Osaka and one in Tokyo. A campaign as Russian fighter got as far as the second mission.... we defended the bridge and I got one kill but mission debrief gave results of Pearl Harbor. Using DCG I have sometimes found that my pilot from one career will appear as a squad mate in another..... I actually do not mind that.

I have downloaded the latest incarnation of DCG (for Pacific Fighters) but have, as yet, been unable to un-install old version as it does not appear in program files (any help in this area would be greatly appreciated).

First thing I do when I start a new campaign is to go into "squadron data" and replace any duplicate pilot photos. I also change some names (can change first but not last), place of birth, birthdate and, in some Russian campaigns, I have changed the sex of one or two.

I have ExtremeOnes BoB installed and have noticed no problem with it (as far as I can tell).

I am getting the feeling that I should to a complete un-install/re-install..... but, again, I think that that would be better after patch 3.04.

In the meantime... I am improving my carrier ops survival rate and keeping adequate checkout in the I-16. Can't hurt.

Cheers