PDA

View Full Version : fighting Nobushi

lollob93
01-26-2017, 10:20 PM
hi everyone, i playing the beta and atm i'm maining Conqueror and Raider. I have problem fighting assassin classes because of their speed and their strange guard but i here i just need to practice. but against nobushi i cannot figure out what i should do: her attacks are very quick and have a long range, and my chars are kinda slow; do you have any suggestions to give me please?

Milky5432
01-26-2017, 10:28 PM
rock paper scissers dude

redman0015
01-26-2017, 11:35 PM
i have the same issue fighting nobushi.She has extremely good range and she attacks quite fast.i am going to keep fighing nobushis and hope i learn how to fight her,but still she is literally the only class i have issues with :O

PanzerShrekonin
01-27-2017, 01:17 AM
You just have to pray she sucks...

The Nobushi is the strongest class in the game for sure. Nothing of the Knights can fight her.

LastMoh1can
01-27-2017, 01:43 AM
well im playing with nobushi, and im having a hard time with conquerors and warlords. The conqueror BOT is way too overpower, they start swingin that flail waiting for you to attack, then they have 100% chance of blocking and counter attacking any attack you make against them. These 2 classes can easily counter the nobushi, just make sure you use your defensive stance.

And speaking of which, that nobushi's "hidden stance" its kinda buggy right now, the sensitive zone in the analog is almost impossible to activate, its like an master lockpick level in skyrim. But really... its too crap to even complain, i dont see any use for that stance , i rather just...dodge

J Dog th3 Wise
01-27-2017, 02:29 AM
That is false, I play Peacekeeper and Nobushi is an easy match. The trick is to make her think you are within her reach, and when she attacks use a tehnique that can close the distance while she misses the attack and strike, then keep the pressure, she sucks at close range.

Unitannubis
01-27-2017, 03:30 AM
Dodge/block and close in on her, if you let a Nobushi hold you at her max range you can't win.

wethebishop
01-27-2017, 05:48 AM
Nobushi is imbalanced against vanguards and heavies. That's why you're having trouble.

Zhantay
01-27-2017, 07:17 AM
I think Nuboshi is fine atm, It's just they didn't give us the Lawbringer or the Valkyrie to match her. But I've been playing Nobushi mostly in 1v1's and atm I'm prestige 1 lvl 2. I'm not sure how the matchmaking goes but I'm always up against players who could easily kill me. And I only manage to kill them because I played against their class so many times I figured out what to look for and how to counter it. Nobushi has low stamina so there's only so much she can do. Memerize which moves lands a bleed strike and block it. Heavies waste to much stamina so most Nobushi's rarely use it.

-If your a tank just slowly box her in, block her bleed and get her in a corner she's just as squishy as the assassins.

-Orochi's can either spam Storm Rush with works if the Nobushi is bad but keep in my she out ranges you so she can hit you out of it, and using side step slashes work a lot also.

-Peacekeeper can also use side step attack to get in close for those stabby stabs. (I love fighting Peacekeepers because it just a race to see who stacks more bleeds and the round always ends with a victory but then they drop from the bleed also)

-Berserkers just need to use that running jumping overhead, the Nobushi can't knock you out the animation and once you get in close she has to push you away or else she's done, and if she distances her self from you just charge it up again, it really pisses her off and it does a lot of damage that can also be followed up on.

-Wardens are the closet to match the Nobushi with the Claymore, with those strong overheads and fast swings if she doesn't block she going to be in pain.

-And for Kensei's I don't know I've only seen like 3 of them in the 1v1's 4

I hope this helps, this is just from my experience from playing the Nobushi for over 10 hours and what other players have used in order to kill me. Which will work on the majority of Nobushi if you do it correctly.

GH0ST-CELL
01-27-2017, 08:29 AM
I don't exactly have a ton of experience vs them or as them but they seem like a pretty typical zoning focused character. They're fast, deal a lot of damage (A bit too much but that's besides the point.) but are made of paper. It seems like most will be attempting to keep you out with her very long range poke, lights, or chaining into kick to create distance.

The big poke is pretty fast but has a lot of ending lag, reading that is pretty much GG as anyone capable of doing good damage since she'll fall over in 3 good hits. She can also cancel a lot of her moves into a special stance, but this makes her stationary which gives you time to move in her. Just be wary for a kick. In a 1v1 it's more a waiting game to try to dodge past her spear and kill her. In 2v2 or 4v4 anyone with CC can just take her down if she's not focused on you.

Vanguard's armor also ruins her day. Anyone with armor really ruins her day, since she's all single strikes. Whatever you do, stay patient, if you start throwing yourself onto her spear you're making her job easier.

Captain.Weegee
01-27-2017, 09:14 AM
why the heck are her attack fast as the peacemakers or even faster, with this god damn reach and more damage?

Munktor
01-27-2017, 03:26 PM
I do think they'll need to tone down the speed of the Nobushi a tad (just a tad) but otherwise it's currently a very spam heavy character.

I played the Alpha test and am now playing around with the beta. I see a lot of players gravitating towards Nobushi solely because of her speed and range. What i've learned is nearly ALL of her attacks are thrusting (as it should be).

Understanding that, there is a distinct disadvantage to thrusting, and that's the ease of being dodge left/right.

My advice would be to square off with a Nobushi and wait for them to thrust first. Time your dodge, move in for a guard break and attack.

Keep in mind, most characters can step forward with a well timed dodge and guard break.

I only know ps4 controllers, but I'll try and explain below:

Wait for thrust attack
Left + X (dodge left)
Forward + X (fast-step forward), Square (guard break)

Make sure to always punish post a good guard break with either another guard to move the enemy, or a light attack followed up with whatever hero you have's combo.

Some characters are punished for throwing rapid attacks, other characters are rewarded. Nobushi is one that is rewarded, so you NEED to block/dodge their starter hit and then punish. If you let them start the spam, you will lose.

My 2 cents.

SnitcheStitches
01-27-2017, 04:16 PM
As a Main Nobushi. She is about keeping enemies at Max range and bleeding them first then attacking. Even thou i have a Few escape skills. Serpents sting is one that causes a bleed and i dodge back a bit. IF someone gets close she is pretty much dead. Nobushi attacks do strike quick. But she can't throw many before the stamina is gone.i can barely block two hits after i uses my opening and follow up attacks. That is why you always see them trying to keep that range. Its protection if case we miss our bleeds and have to rest up. No bleeds no Damage. Nobushi does very very little damage if they don't have a bleed on the target. Its all about Dodging blocking the first set of attacks then closing the distance with whatever Gap closer you have. Then stay on her. guardbreak an keep the pressure on. Players that are careful at the start of a fight..then get agressive at the end always kill me. Those that give me time to manage my stamina and allow me more time to get bleeds in... die.

Munktor
01-27-2017, 04:38 PM
As a Main Nobushi. She is about keeping enemies at Max range and bleeding them first then attacking. Even thou i have a Few escape skills. Serpents sting is one that causes a bleed and i dodge back a bit. IF someone gets close she is pretty much dead. Nobushi attacks do strike quick. But she can't throw many before the stamina is gone.i can barely block two hits after i uses my opening and follow up attacks. That is why you always see them trying to keep that range. Its protection if case we miss our bleeds and have to rest up. No bleeds no Damage. Nobushi does very very little damage if they don't have a bleed on the target. Its all about Dodging blocking the first set of attacks then closing the distance with whatever Gap closer you have. Then stay on her. guardbreak an keep the pressure on. Players that are careful at the start of a fight..then get agressive at the end always kill me. Those that give me time to manage my stamina and allow me more time to get bleeds in... die.

You clearly know the weakness and strength of your main hero. I wish more people would approach the game from that perspective.

NestroGER
01-27-2017, 04:45 PM
I first found her interesting, the style and all, but I tried her and honestly I don't like her so much. Haven't had much problems fighting her, but then again haven't had many 4v4 matches yet (beta bugs and all).

ElonGated22
01-27-2017, 05:11 PM
One word: PARRY

This isn't a 'get gud' type of response. I'm being genuine. I've played in two Alphas and now the Beta, at first I underestimated the power of the parry because it can be tricky to follow up on and takes practice to get consistently, plus if you mess it up you get punished immediately. Having said all that if you parry a Nobushi she'll be WIDE OPEN; she has a very slow recovery off of parry (though she has some of the best recoveries in general) like everyone else. So when she thinks your in the perfect range for an easy viper strike, PARRY THAT ATTACK. A little known fact is that the parry opens up light attacks more than it does heavy attacks, so the Nobushi is perfect, basically all her long range attacks are light! When I'm playing against her (regardless of the character I'm using) I parry her opener and then come in with a heavy, (which I often feint if I'm up against someone who is giving me trouble). Even if she blocks the attack I've closed the distance and can now control the fight much better; i.e. get her positioned for a throw into a wall or other hazard, or at least trap her from getting the distance she wants.

PARRY

Lupine-7
01-27-2017, 09:46 PM
I don't find the Nobushi too hard to fight as a Peacekeeper, I still haven't won a match though. I've gotten close in a few matches but she always does an attack which I can barely even register and I'm dead. It's like the attack is done and the damage is taken away before the animation has even completed. She is seriously way too fast. Her attacks are just as the arrow is turning red, it's like the game can't even react to how fast she can attack.

Also the bleed effect on all characters that have it should stop after a while, just had a match where a Nobushi made me bleed and then just ran away from me till I bled out.

EDIT: And also maybe if a character like the Nobushi is so effective at longer range why not make them ineffective at short range. If I'm so close that the blade on the end of their weapon can't come close to me then they shouldn't be able to do any serious damage to me with it.

FiHaUni
01-27-2017, 11:26 PM
That is false, I play Peacekeeper and Nobushi is an easy match. The trick is to make her think you are within her reach, and when she attacks use a tehnique that can close the distance while she misses the attack and strike, then keep the pressure, she sucks at close range.

Exactly!

Im playing her a lot (lvl 17 atm) and thats the easiest way to beat her.

Also swing some hard strikes, sometimes it can catch Players off guard and she is dead within 3 hits.

lollob93
01-28-2017, 06:49 PM
first of all i'm not asking to nerf the Nobushi, i hate ''OP threads'' made by biased crybabies. i know i'm not that good at the game since i've been playing from yesterday, i'm seriosly asking for suggestions.
actually the parry one is really true, if you can parry a Nobushi and then close the range the fight is a bit easier, but still i think that i should start playing some assassins to counter her

Aziraya
01-29-2017, 12:04 PM
As a tip for Peacekeepers and any other class that has some small amount of sidestep ability: sidestep her. If you see her start a small lunge toward you but still has some distance, flick your guard upwards immediately because you're probably about to get a bleed effect from her lunge skill that only targets upwards. It doesn't matter her previous guard position: that attack is coming from up top. After her stepping in and you blocking/parrying, now it's your turn to step in. At this point, almost any attack she throws won't connect if you dodge to the side. This is why Kensai (to a lesser extent), Orochi, and Peacekeepers can dominate a Nobushi if they know what to do. They can attack out of their side dodge after the Nobushi's attack whiffs air.

The_Quieter
01-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Assassins in general seem stronger than everything else, which is why you see so many of them.

And a Nobushi is a hybrid of... Assassin and Vanguard.

CEMERDES
01-29-2017, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't really say Nobushi is too strong. Sure, during the first 1-3 hours of beta I had some troubles vs them, but after trying many tactics and various Heroes I realized it's the Orochi I have most issues with. I know Orochi has been nerfed since Alpha, but he is still such a pain in the ***. Playing as Warden I usually rush into Nobushi with slashing attack in order to close in as much as possible and don't let her use all her distance abilities. You should try this too - minimize the distance and go aggressive. Orochi has super fast left-right attacks, which even if blocked, he performs another guard break on me. Not to mention how many times I fell down during attack simply because he does this side step...

I find Nobushi perfectly balanced.

Wardens are bit too underpowered regarding what the rest of heroes is capable of doing.

Orochi is so far the only Hero I dealt with, which seems to me not directly overpowered but rather medium-risk, very high reward class.

lollob93
01-29-2017, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't really say Nobushi is too strong. Sure, during the first 1-3 hours of beta I had some troubles vs them, but after trying many tactics and various Heroes I realized it's the Orochi I have most issues with. I know Orochi has been nerfed since Alpha, but he is still such a pain in the ***. Playing as Warden I usually rush into Nobushi with slashing attack in order to close in as much as possible and don't let her use all her distance abilities. You should try this too - minimize the distance and go aggressive. Orochi has super fast left-right attacks, which even if blocked, he performs another guard break on me. Not to mention how many times I fell down during attack simply because he does this side step...

I find Nobushi perfectly balanced.

Wardens are bit too underpowered regarding what the rest of heroes is capable of doing.

Orochi is so far the only Hero I dealt with, which seems to me not directly overpowered but rather medium-risk, very high reward class.

that's because warden lacks of mobility and orochi is the one that has more out of every hero, that's why you suffer orochi. i think that Conqueror and Warlord are good againts him.

Parra11ax
01-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Nobushi OP

Nyameria
01-29-2017, 10:23 PM
well im playing with nobushi, and im having a hard time with conquerors and warlords. The conqueror BOT is way too overpower, they start swingin that flail waiting for you to attack, then they have 100% chance of blocking and counter attacking any attack you make against them. These 2 classes can easily counter the nobushi, just make sure you use your defensive stance.

And speaking of which, that nobushi's "hidden stance" its kinda buggy right now, the sensitive zone in the analog is almost impossible to activate, its like an master lockpick level in skyrim. But really... its too crap to even complain, i dont see any use for that stance , i rather just...dodge

yea that sensiteve zone seems kind of broken for most classes.
i had no problem in the alpha to ake combinations like A back and RT to use the orichi stance.
now i jump back and make a normal rt attack about 30% of the time

same goes for A left od right with an attack like RT or RB.

Stenier
01-30-2017, 03:22 AM
Pray that nobushi is bad. It wil lget a bit easier when you play as her and learn her combos. For example, all her attacks are straight forward with a small delay inbetween. So you need just to learn dodging her attacks to the sides. Especially the leg kick one, when she stands on her polearm. If you dodge it to the side then guardbreak/combo it, she is vulnerable. Also, they are doomed if parried. But hte key is to dodge and guarbreak when needed.

flyerhawk19
01-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Pray that nobushi is bad. It wil lget a bit easier when you play as her and learn her combos. For example, all her attacks are straight forward with a small delay inbetween. So you need just to learn dodging her attacks to the sides. Especially the leg kick one, when she stands on her polearm. If you dodge it to the side then guardbreak/combo it, she is vulnerable. Also, they are doomed if parried. But hte key is to dodge and guarbreak when needed.

Shhhhh stop helping

Charmzzz
04-19-2017, 08:19 AM
i dont think the nobushi need to be nerfed i strongly believe that she needs to be punished for fighting at close ranges. even tho she steps into the attack she miraculously teleports back to ideal range for her attacks making it absolute ******** to try and close the gap. the zerker doesnt magically move in while she moonwalks back so why does she get the roll off?

Is this serious? Nobushi does not need a Nerf by far. Imo it is one of the better balanced Characters right now. Maybe a slight buff because all Attacks are pretty slow and can be countered easily. Even the Kick is easy to sidestep and punish... This seems to be a L2P issue.

RunnerRunner22
04-19-2017, 10:45 AM
The Nobushi is the strongest class in the game for sure. Nothing of the Knights can fight her.

Okay, this made me laugh.

OP, I would recommend that you play Nobushi for a while until you understand her attacks. She gets a lot easier to defend against if you know what she might do next. Generally, it is a good idea to close the distance and stay in her face. Keep the pressure high. Nobushi is quite weak when her back is to a wall. Oh, and dash attacks. Nobushi doesn't cope well with dash attacks.

For those asking to slow down her attacks: Her light attacks are widely regarded as being the easiest lights to parry in the game since they are heavily telegraphed. The 'light spam' you are talking about does not exist beyond the low skill levels. For reference: at my (medium) skill level (Duel skill rating 17 acc. To FHTR), it is exceptionally rare for my light combos to connect. If the first stab doesn't get blocked, the second does for sure. The only way to actually hit any lights in neutral is attacking out of hidden stance.

kweassa1917
04-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Being once a Nobushi main (switched Raider), from the Nobushi player's perspective there's basically two differing situations -- 1 being good, 1 being bad.

The first, ideal situation for the Nobushi is getting the first attack in. Starting any kind of attack with heavies, even for feints, is just not an option for Nob, because it's just darned slow. Even when attempting a heavy-feint-stance switch-light attack, the stance change phase is so damned slow that it's actually not worth the stamina cost.

So basically all Nob players are mostly confined to beginning with lights, and all lights are thrusts so inherently very weak to side dodges. The following combos itself are very fast , especially the 2nd thrust. If we limit it to just 2-attack combos Nob's 2nd thrust is probably almost as, or even faster than the PK light-spam. But the problem is all Nob combos are cut basically shut out if the very first attack is blocked, and the first attack is quite slower than PK lights or WarDochi top-light spams.

So it basically comes down to whether or not the Nob's opponent can block the first light or not.

If the opponent is somewhat unstable in blocking the 1st light, then the Nob has it pretty easy. It's poke-fest.

If it is someone that consistently block Nob's first light, then the Nob's basically got problems...[i]and if it's a TURTLE that consistently blocks Nob's 1st attack... then it's from that point on that Nob's basically in deep shi* that she can't get out of.

Because, the Nobushi is basically a ranged/counter type, and has very little openers. And by "openers" I don't even mean safe spammy shi* like WarDochi toplight/ZA spamming or PK lightspam, or Lawb shove spam or Warlord HB spam. Safe or unsafe, the Nob doesn't have anything else than the 1st light thrust. I mean, if we just count the tactical versatility and variety, "tricks up the sleeve", the Nob has even less in her kit than the Raider. So when someone turtles up, the only thing she's got is basically the heavy feint-bait , and literally nothing else.

This is basically why the Nob meets a rock-hard ceiling once the player's skill level increases to middle-tier-ish. ESPECIALLY in the current turtle-meta where the game rewards defensive play with minimal attacks and just blocks and parries.

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-20-2017, 12:31 AM
You just have to pray she sucks...

http://memeshappen.com/media/created/hahahaha-hahahahahaha-meme-52101.jpg

MasterChiefPON
04-20-2017, 05:41 AM
First, I don't know if all I'm going to say have been already said (probably) but I want to participate and I don't feel like reading all the other comments xD

When fighting a Nobushi, she can be very scary if the player is good at feinting and mixing it up or just scary in general if you are new or with little experience.

One tip (important against any opponent) is to know your enemy's moves, beacuse if you don't know what moves your opponent can pull off it's going to be hard for you to react to something you don't expect at all. This knowledge can be accquired with time or trying that certain character. You just have to keep getting better after each loss and learn.

Another thing is that if she scares you, you may find yourself keeping some distance and not really trying to get close because you are afraid to get hit, but if you do that she will outrange you, so you have to close that gap before even trying to attack. To do that, you could dodge foward (you could get poked in the face), or what I recommend is you is to just walk foward, push your way in just walking, that way you can push in and still block.

Then, it is important to know how to punish her because you can't guarbreak her after a parry (don't try it): if you parry a heavy you get a light on her and if you parry a light you get a free heavy, be quick to not miss the time window to do it.

Last, work on your general skills like blocking, parrying, dodging, gb countering (just keep playing and will get better and maybe try different characters once you have your bases grounded with your first character) and mix things up, confuse the **** out of your opponent :)

Hope that helps, sorry if I'm just repeating some things, like I said I don't want to read all the comments.

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Just needed to look at this thread again Nobushi is OP...HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_Pyp1stAE

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder719/65724719.jpg

PecarCZ
04-21-2017, 08:25 PM
As nobushi player i can say she need small buffs to her light attack/Twin kicks/HS//Guard stance (she got second lowest guard stance in game so if you want win PK/Bers/Orochi and spam attack to all directions.)