PDA

View Full Version : Icon distances changed permanently?

BSS_Goat
02-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I play offline campaigns and like to change icon distances. The problem is you have to reconfigure after every mission, is there any way to save this so it will be setup all the time?

BSS_Goat
02-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I play offline campaigns and like to change icon distances. The problem is you have to reconfigure after every mission, is there any way to save this so it will be setup all the time?

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Far as I know, no.

Default offline icons are 10km, with full information (i.e., billboard sized).

The only way to change it is through the debug buffer (Shft+TAB, and then whatever shortcut command you set up to invoke custom icons). After you first set it up, it is quick and simple to do the command, but it isn't "saved" as your preference. Come to think of it, it isn't saved as a host command for online, either. You have to set up the server, then turn on the custom icon settings each time.

georgeo76
02-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Go to the mudmovers FAQ Here (http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm) and search for this question:

: I'm tired of typing all those lengthy console commands. Is there a way to automate it?

http://webpages.charter.net/Stick_Fiend/images/buck2.gif
"I don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up. "
Fiend's Wings (http://webpages.charter.net/Stick_Fiend)

BSS_Goat
02-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks Stiglr,

maybe someone knows a way

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Georgeo, the console commands ARE the "shorter way" to do it.

You can create command shorthand like

< mdfr (or, modify friendly icons) and
<mdfo (modify foe icons)

and type them in in about 5 seconds.

You could choose other names, like "redicons" and "bluicons" if you wanted. That's easy to remember. I suppose it gets complicated if you set up several types of icons, and would have to remember different command syntax for your "long icons" "short icons" "arcade icons" or whatever....

WUAF_Badsight
02-06-2004, 01:30 PM
ok there is a eaiser way .....

go to your FB folder

open the RCU file with Notepad

add this to it ~~~>

@a fre mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 3.0 DOT 10.0 RANGE 0.005 TYPE 0.005 ID 3.0 NAME 0.005
@a foe mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.005 DOT 10.0 RANGE 0.005 TYPE 0.005 ID 0.005 NAME 0.005
@a def mp_dotrange DEFAULT

when your ingame hit SHIFT + TAB .... what appears is the command console

type in foe then hit enter

the FOE icons will revert to the command above

type in fre then hit enter

the FREINDLY icon will revert tothe command above

to switch back to DEFAULT setings open the command console again & type

def

then hit enter & DEFAULT icons will be back

foe , fre , def <~~~~ you can change these to letters that suit you

you can change the mp_dotrange distances to what suits you too

just save the changes in your RCU file then type the shortcuts in when in-game in the command console (SHIFT + TAB)