PDA

View Full Version : Skill Suggestion: Buff/Debuff Soldier Troops

LastMoh1can
01-23-2017, 01:14 AM
What you guys think about the introduction of some "troop support" skills to the game? I think its pretty awesome, it will completely change the flow of battle in dominion modes, having to worry about troops as much as the players. It will make us think twice before attacking 40 soldiers alone. Its pretty self-explanatory actually, some classes will be able to buff or debuff those cannon-fodder troops we kill so easily. That means some stuff like:

- War cries to buff their morale / damage / speed
- Reinforcement skills to bring another wave instantly on the battlefield
- Special formations like shield wall and phalanx to help against missile/ area-of-effect skills
- Training skills to briefly help them survive other player's "1-hit-kill" attacks

Same goes for debuff skills:

- War chants to break the morale of enemy troops, making them flee from the zone for a small time
- Silence skills to debuff other skills on selected troops or maybe even players
- Intimidation skills to make troops flee combat when they are near you

Not much balancing needed as those are just small time effects (10-20 seconds), they just need long cooldowns to prevent spams, as for any skill.

So..any thoughts?

XxKILLASEEDxX
01-23-2017, 06:21 AM
Interesting idea, a bit rough around the edges but interesting. I'd definitely like to see the troops become more than 1 hit death dummies, pretty unrealistic.

Bobola
01-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Good idea but pretty advanced. The devs should at least make minions capable of hurting and killing players and be able to attack them simultaneously. Killing them with one hit is ok, but watching them stand around the player, hiting him occasionally one man at the time is just ridiculous. If they have no defensive abilities and can be killed by one hit, at least give them power to hurt dumb players who let enemy minions surround them.

Orisoll
01-23-2017, 01:10 PM
I think it would be cool to have a feat that allows you to call a wave of soldiers to help you capture the side points.

Santajello44
01-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Personally, I think soilder troops should make a greater impact in the game. Even in the campaign they do little damage, cannot be locked on, and are easily killed. I would like to see soilder troops make an impact on the game just like the grunts in Lord of the Rings Conquest or the first two Battlefields. I think it would be really cool to have a team of soilder troops that would follow you and be customizable too.
Just some thoughts on the soilder troops. Overall, excellent game though and look forward to playing.

XxKILLASEEDxX
01-26-2017, 01:54 AM
If Ubisoft devs can make AI to follow you around and take orders shooting guns (GR Wildlands) Then surely they can make them swing swords (For Honor) But thats probably an idea for another thread.