PDA

View Full Version : What do you think or want in the next Assassin's Creed Game?

bb255052
01-12-2017, 10:47 PM
  I am a huge fan of Assassin's Creed franchise, I got the whole collection, and I like it very much. But, after playing so many Assassin's Creed game, I think the series really need to have some changes, or it will start to lose its player base, which as a matter of fact it is already happening now.

In my opinion, an assassin should be about stealth, fighting in public should be the last thing you do when you got no other options left. But, since Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, alot of people start to pick fight with the guards, like fighting and killing in the broad daylight is a daily routine for an assassin. I mean, seriously? Fighting and killing people in the broad daylight, you are definitely gonna get yourself exposed, or worse, compromise the assassin's brotherhood.

So I really hope they could do something about that in the future, make the game focus more on stealth game-play. After all, we are playing as assassins, aren't we?

"You mean a dagger in broad daylight, as I'm cut down where I stand?" - Arno Victor Dorian (1768 – unknown).

Second, I really think it is kind of strange for the player to be able to buy whatever they need from the shop keepers, as if "Selling Assassin's Equipment" is a very common and normal thing.

What if the players can only get materials from the shopkeepers, and if they want specific equipment, they will have to buy those from the "assassin's bureau" , or craft them at secret crafting stations set up and scattered by the assassins?

For example, if I want a poison phantom blade, I can either buy them directly from the assassin's bureau. Or, I can buy some datura powder from a normal apothecary, and some phantom blades from the assassin's bureau, then combine these two together at a crafting station .

These are just my thoughts of what I hope Ubisoft can put into the next Assassin's Creed game.

What about you? What do you think?

Helforsite
01-13-2017, 04:04 PM
I am a big fan of crafting and also of the opinion that Assassin's Creed should get an in-depth crafting system, where you have blueprints and crafting materials, which can be found through various activities, with multiple ways to get each blueprint and crafting material, for example a piece of steel could be sold by a specific vendor or it can be found during a quest. Hunting would also play a part in my crafting system as one way to get mateials like leather, pelts and bones.

D.I.D.
01-13-2017, 10:10 PM
My least favourite thing about The Witcher 3 was the crafting, especially when I had to source super-rare materials and it turned out that I'd accidentally thrown lots of a material away because of the illogical "x contains y" chains. Was it fun? No, it was not fun. It was irritating in every way: remembering what contains what, doing so much menu navigations and box-clicking, and the worst of all... "So, how many ingots of Silver and Infused Lead do I need to make twelves plates of Obscurium? Oh God. *click-click-click-click-click-click-click-click"..."

You have to wonder about realism here. Is it realistic that you can buy assassin materials everywhere? Maybe not. But is it more fun if you can only buy them from an Assassin bureau, and have to travel miles through a city just to pick up more tools? No, that's not fun. "So, okay, put more Assassin Bureaux through the city..." But, is *that* realistic? No, that's not realistic either. And onward it goes.

Ultimately, what is the point of limited supplies in the first place? It is to prevent you from spamming the best item endlessly and to encourage variety in players' approaches to circumstances. Needing to leave the area discourages players from breaking away, and causing the mission to break and reset can completely close that option.

That's an understandable mechanism, and it works. Does it matter, then, if there are lots of assassin contacts around from whom you can restock? Not really. Plus, these vendors do make some kind of sense in Syndicate. They're part of your network, but they pretend to be ordinary street vendors as a cover and in order to make legitimate money. Nothing would be improved by reducing their number because of an insistence on the construction of a bureau to support the idea. Nothing would be improved by the game making me stock up on parts in advance and have to travel to a crafting station. Street vendors make more sense, in fact. A stall-owner can pack up and move on when they need to. A building cannot move, and sits there as a liability. If the assassins did not already have street vendors working for them undercover, they'd be stupid not to create such a network.

crusader_prophet
01-13-2017, 11:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1388165-Lets-re-examine-the-AC-Franchise-and-help-out-the-devs!?p=11787178

This thread has tons of discussion on the same topic. Please take a look.

ResignedBee
01-14-2017, 01:54 AM
what i want in any future assassin's creed game i buy is a game that isn't as buggy as ac3.

ERICATHERINE
01-14-2017, 02:07 AM
What I want in the next ac games, is a md character we can control in third person and will do real md missions. ^-^

SixKeys
01-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Street vendors make more sense, in fact. A stall-owner can pack up and move on when they need to. A building cannot move, and sits there as a liability. If the assassins did not already have street vendors working for them undercover, they'd be stupid not to create such a network.

Perhaps they could bring back the moving wagon vendors from AC3. Realistic in that they're not reliably always in one place, forcing you to either make-do with what you have or wait for one to come round. The only problem with them in AC3 (besides having a very limited selection of items) was that the map would show you their current location, but because they were constantly moving, by the time you got to that waypoint, they would have already moved on. Not sure how to fix that.

Edit: Hmm, perhaps scheduled deliveries? I'm thinking of the trains in RDR and how they were always moving from one station to the next. You would bring up the map and it would show you where the train currently was and you could anticipate when it would be closer to you by checking the schedule at each station. It was up to you if you wanted to wait for the train or go do something else.

ERICATHERINE
01-14-2017, 07:50 AM
I forgot another thing I want.

Multiple save slots.

Now with the Ezio collection having that in their 3 games, ubisoft, you don't have any excuse to not put this feature in the next game and you have even less with the 1-2 year break. ^-^

Megas_Doux
01-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Aside from technical stuff in the likes of good performance with the least amount of glitches and more than just one save slots gameplay wise I want AC to fulfill the GOTY potential it has and that is yet to be reached. If anything, and being aware of the fact that great games don't grow on tree, this is my list:

1) Diverse environments: Yes!!!! The grandeur of Paris and London with all their big buildings and monuments was more than welcome after the rural oriented AC III and AC IV because being able to visit and enter the close to 1:1 Notre Dame, Palace of Westminster and such was great, but being STUCK in just ONE almost 100% urban map WASN'T. It makes you grow weary of the world rather quickly, a cardinal sin in a open world game. I want multiple locations that shift from urban to rural even if that means the cities won't be as big horizontally and vertically as the previous two.

2) Revamped AI/stealth that at least meets this age standards. Metal gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty beats EVERY AC out of the water in that department and it was released 15 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!

3) Challenging/fun Combat. I mean, this one is one of the most difficult one to achieve, for I still remember those articles and players alike claiming UNITY was the second most difficult thing after leaving the friendzone haha. I just don't want to be a one man army in the likes of ACB again. The thrill and tension of being killed is what makes combat matter.Which leads me to:

4) A true boos battle!!!!! The one in Syndicate was just, no, please no. So far, only Bellec, Robert de Sable and Al Mualim can be saved and still those were not that great to be honest.

5) Customization. Great in Unity, dumbed down in Syndicate and non existing eve before. It should return, with full force.

6) The trend of Black box and open missions has to expanded upon. Not in just in terms on clothing, but being able to choose based on those clothing how many weapons you can or want to carry.

7) Few, but well done "action" oriented missions.

8) Side content that MATTERS and that is not just padding in the likes gathering items.

9) Perks like being able to select the hour of the day, weather and such.

10) Platforming/puzzle levels. If the leak is true, there is NO better setting to put those than Egypt.

The story is the most difficult thing, even to the point it deserves a thread of its own.

PS BACKGROUND MUSIC.

AsimovVerne
01-16-2017, 04:56 AM
''What do you think or want in the next Assassin's Creed Game?''

I want Jesper Kyd.
Pretty please, Ubisoft. Awesome background atmospheric music, like in Assassin's Creed 2, made by Jesper Kyd.
Thank you!

PertTie772
01-16-2017, 06:49 PM
What was really missing from Assassins creed Unity was the type of big battles that assassins creed 3 and black flag had. This could be corrected in a game featuring characters like Lord Nelson, the Duke of Wellington and Andrew Jackson and battles like Trafalgar, Waterloo and New Orleans on land and Sea.
Also a game featuring the battle of the Little Bighorn would be cool and could see be inspired by Dances with Wolves. Another game could be set around the Anerican Civil War featuring cavalry as the player being an escaped slave and Nat Turner, the Underground Railroad, and even John brown and Abolitionists being part of the Asssassins and the Templars being brutal slave plantation owners, overseers whose workers must be freed and traffickers whose victims can be rescued by attacking their ships at various ports, ferries and docks in between fierce battles between Union and Confederate forces with encounters with generals like stonewall Jackson Robert E Lee who could be Templars and Grant and President Lincoln who could be part of the Assassins along with Frederick Douglass and women from the struggle for their suffrage too
Sound good?.
Also it would be great to see the Chronicles games that you made turned into big open world adventures. Imagine meeting Ghandi and Nehru during the struggle for independence from The British Empire featuring massacres by their troops, stampedes by elephants, tiger attacks, and riots upsetting busy markets where the players will ordinarily need to purchase herbs and spices and other consumables for various potions, medicines and poisons. Government buildings will need to be searched for evidence in a plot to disrupt the pro independence movement and plunge the country into civil war. Assassins could be based in villages and the jungle where they could battle their enemies and rely on their inhabitants support for information and supplies against the powerful high ranking and influential Templars and their British allies.
Instead of China set a huge open world adventure in Japan as a boy who becomes a Ninja or Samurai helped by Kuniochi and female Samurai in battling cruel warlords and landowners victimising their inhabitants as the country is plunged into war to overthrow the Emperor during the Satsuma rebellion. This could feature battles with imperial troops and Gatling guns arrow barrages. Villages could feature geishas and castles could be attacked along with enemy encampments.
Karate judo and Kendo could be blended with agility against enemies and ceremonial armor and associated weapons could be unlocked.
The Russian chapter of Chronicles could be expanded and made better in a huge 3D open world setting. Imagine the player being a returning veteran who is neither a fan of the Tsar or the Bolsheviks during the civil war in snowy environments with white tigers and other animals and cabins by lakes where fishing can take place and logs collected for fires. The combat could also be seen in the capital itself tearing apart beautiful cities and supplies being confiscated from starving civilians leading to famine and rebellions at naval bases like Kronstadt
Fighting systems like Systema, and Sambo could be used and railways carrying soldiers supplies and civilians could be used and attacked to the point of derailing and rerouting through signal switches to change tracks. People and soldiers could be shown using cars trucks horses and bicycles to go about their daily lives.
Another possibility is the English civil war and revolution as someone like an Irish farmer caught up in the battle between the Roundheads and Cavaliers. Show life under Cromwell featuring Puritans placing people in stocks punishing women for wearing makeup and being uncovered.
Include as many historical figures as possible including Charles I Charles Ii and Cromwell himself as the war with Ireland breaks out and show English Irish civilians as part of the Assassins seeking to restore the power of the parliament.

VestigialLlama4
01-17-2017, 04:13 AM
I want a game that the developers wanted and cared about rather than some lame and cheap attempt at furthering the franchise borrowing from other games.

More specific requests:

1) Good Historical Simulation - For me AC games are primarily historical fiction and I want a sense of being in the past, some actual historical research if at least at a sophomore level. Without that, Assassin's Creed is trash as is evidenced by Unity.

2) Good Gameplay.

3) Integrated Side and Main Story Missions: More like Black Flag and AC3's Homestead with some of the Tombs from the Ezio games.

4) No Multiplayer - Because then I can platinum the Achievements/Trophies.

5) Strong sense of weather, environment and other details affecting the open world.

6) Challenging Enemies and good boss-fights. More Jagers and less Unity's stupid combat.

Galactus123
01-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Ancient Egypt. That would get me excited and I might buy the game.

PertTie772
01-17-2017, 06:18 PM
What about Mexico during the era of Hernan Cortez? Conquistadors could be the Templars and the Mayans could be Assassins with temples and pyramids hiding traps and treasures associated with the gods for supernatural and mystical powers to use against Cortes' forces and the player being a Warrior turned Assassin battling the enemy in and out of the jungle.
We could really see an exploration of Mayan Civilisation including their martial arts and weapons used by both sides to explore a period rarely seen in video games and giving access to a whole new world.

janeway65s
01-17-2017, 06:30 PM
ancient, western, samurai and roman would be my pic for the next assassins creed for the ps4

cawatrooper9
01-17-2017, 08:24 PM
What about Mexico during the era of Hernan Cortez? Conquistadors could be the Templars and the Mayans could be Assassins with temples and pyramids hiding traps and treasures and the player being a Warrior turned Assassin battling the enemy in and out of the jungle.
We could really see an exploration of Mayan Civilisation and weapons used by both sides rarely seen in video games

I think that's a fantastic setting that I hope we eventually see, but I don't think we'll return to the Americas quite yet (if ever).

I remember this time last year, Assassins Creed was a series that we thought might go on forever, with a near inexhaustible series of settings. Now I'm worried that we won't even get Empire.

ERICATHERINE
01-17-2017, 09:39 PM
I think that's a fantastic setting that I hope we eventually see, but I don't think we'll return to the Americas quite yet (if ever).

I remember this time last year, Assassins Creed was a series that we thought might go on forever, with a near inexhaustible series of settings. Now I'm worried that we won't even get Empire.

Why? :confused:

cawatrooper9
01-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Why? :confused:

I'm probably being pessimistic, but after the rather lukewarm (at best) reception of the movie, and the news that "Empire" may not even be released in 2017, I'm beginning to dread that we're seeing the death of a franchise.

I hope it's not true, but I worry now.

Megas_Doux
01-17-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm probably being pessimistic, but after the rather lukewarm (at best) reception of the movie, and the news that "Empire" may not even be released in 2017, I'm beginning to dread that we're seeing the death of a franchise.

There's NOTHING wrong with them taking, 2016 and even 2017 off. That is, if they come with something really good.

ERICATHERINE
01-18-2017, 01:50 AM

Don't worry, I doubt ubisoft will end this franchise. I'm sure they will at least make a character kill Juno, if not also end the Assassin vs Templar war, may it be with them finnaly getting along or with one destroying the other. ^-^

SixKeys
01-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Don't worry, I doubt ubisoft will end this franchise. I'm sure they will at least make a character kill Juno, if not also end the Assassin vs Templar war, may it be with them finnaly getting along or with one destroying the other. ^-^

THAT, if anything, would kill the franchise for good. Even if Ubi wanted to put the series on halt, it's always good to keep a crack open in the door for a possible return. The assassins and Templars have been at war since biblical times. The entire premise is that the battle between total control and total freedom is one that mankind can never truly solve because it's in our nature. Having that eternal conundrum resolved with a "let's all be friends from now on!" would be the biggest copout in history, and would definitively close the book on Assassin's Creed ever returning in the future.

I can see them maybe doing an entry where the two sides agree to temporarily set aside their differences to fight a common foe, like Juno. But there will never be a real, lasting truce or total annihilation of one side.

Megas_Doux
01-18-2017, 03:22 PM
6) Challenging Enemies and good boss-fights. More Jagers and less Unity's stupid combat.

You lost me there, for Unity's combat has been the only challenging one so far in which I cannot go through dozens of guards like they were crash test dummies.

cawatrooper9
01-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Yeah, an ending is hopefully in the works if the series is coming to a close. But honestly, I wouldn't mind it continuing for many years, still.

There's NOTHING wrong with them taking, 2016 and even 2017 off. That is, if they come with something really good.

2016 I understand. Not a fan, but I understand.

But the series needs a comeback soon. I'd rather not have them bide their time, come back with a ton of overhype, and Duke Nukem us all.

But enough of my pessimism. Even if we aren't due for a new game for another two years still, my hope for the next AC is some news by E3 this year. :D

Megas_Doux
01-18-2017, 09:56 PM
But the series needs a comeback soon.

The series needs to comeback strong, a revamp and with a good performance. Aside from the gameplay itself tha game needs to function as good as possible. We all know Ubi's endeavors in regards to bugs and FPS.

I'd rather not have them bide their time, come back with a ton of overhype, and Duke Nukem us all.

Or it could be a Tomb Raider 2013 game... The situation of the AC franchise reminds me ALOT that of Tomb Raider after Underworld (bad reception and even worse sales) with the exception of the overall hate, both deserved and undeserved, that Ubi gets these days. AC is one of the most bullied and even hated franchises along with may be COD because of what it represents,not exclusively though, in regards of all those disliked practices of the industry such as milking, releasing buggy games, microtransactions, etc, etc, etc.

jjjackier2
01-18-2017, 10:43 PM
What I loved about the old games, was the story.
I want a good story and good characters.

(and coop XD)
(just add a ghost version of the main just because)

Pandassin
01-19-2017, 02:13 AM
Heck I just want a great story, great protagonist and a great map with lots of stuff to do in it and a nice environment.

Oh, and a damn hood toggle :P

VestigialLlama4
01-19-2017, 06:36 AM
You lost me there, for Unity's combat has been the only challenging one so far in which I cannot go through dozens of guards like they were crash test dummies.

It's challenging combat based on asinine principles of game design. It makes combat repetitive and elaborate. What I want is tougher enemies, against whom earlier combat strategies doesn't work. Or alternatively better stealth options than the game's stupid crouch button.

Or it could be a Tomb Raider 2013 game... The situation of the AC franchise reminds me ALOT that of Tomb Raider after Underworld (bad reception and even worse sales) with the exception of the overall hate, both deserved and undeserved, that Ubi gets these days. AC is one of the most bullied and even hated franchises along with may be COD because of what it represents,not exclusively though, in regards of all those disliked practices of the industry such as milking, releasing buggy games, microtransactions, etc, etc, etc.

The thing is Tomb Raider 2013 in the eyes of many gaming fans is a commercialized reboot made for non-TR fans. It has none of the puzzles and difficult levels that the first three Tomb Raider games had. If you want an AC reboot in that order you are going to get even easier gameplay than AC1 (maybe auto-parkour) and others, just better presentation and updated to reflect popular styles and approaches of the present (in the case of Tomb Raider 2013...Chris Nolan's Batman Begins and Daniel Craig's Casino Royale, the minimalist straight-and-boring reboot).

There's also the fact that AC doesn't have a single protagonist. It has multiple protagonists so what are we going to reboot...Altair, Ezio, Edward Kenway. (Obviously Connor is never going to get a second chance from the Aryan Community that has hijacked Ubisoft).

Theoretically AC is actually multiple series under one...It can do anything and be anything. The problem with that freedom is that it needs a great deal of imagination and guts to tap into it.

ERICATHERINE
01-19-2017, 06:47 AM
It's challenging combat based on asinine principles of game design. It makes combat repetitive and elaborate. What I want is tougher enemies, against whom earlier combat strategies doesn't work. Or alternatively better stealth options than the game's stupid crouch button.

Like the cameleon skill of Evie, in syndicate? XD

ProletariatPleb
01-19-2017, 02:32 PM

Unity's combat was pretty good I felt, just needed some tweaking, like no one-second-reload pistols and all guards using it together and on top of that very difficult to dodge that.

Also hello old friend.

MrHandsss
01-19-2017, 05:30 PM
1. I actually like the modern day and feel it NEEDS to be in each game, but PLEASE. NO MORE INITIATES. Sick of "you the player" being forced to watch everything in cutscenes with no interactivity. Desmond was cool to me because we got to see him go from just an average guy to actually using his skills he learned to fight for real. Even IV and Black Flag still gave us something to do by exploring Abstergo, both as an unwitting employee being protected by assassins and by a soon to be templar agent. Syndicate was especially painful since I imagined being able to go with Rebecca and Shaun since the game only let us watch them through a drone lens.

2. Historical protagonist (s) need to be likable and memorable. In my opinion, Assassins Creed is USUALLY good about this, though there have been some exceptions. Altair in the first game seemed bland, though probably because of his American accent. They at least made a good excuse for it and more of Altair in revelations saved the character, I think. Ezio and Edward were top tier and I even think Shay was pretty good (though criminally underused since he should've shown up in Unity and he didn't) Arno... I can't really remember anything about him except that he was an Ezio-lite. His whole game suffered from this actually because none of the characters or story really mattered. The mcguffin they were seeking never happened, MD plot didn't progress, girl died which we all knew would happen, and he was a low level assassin and the other assassins were a bunch of old men that sat on their asses the whole time. Connor was another failure in my eyes. Just too angry, too charmless, too WHERE'S CHARLES LEE?! Sure maybe he could've grown on us with more games, but we shouldn't need it. His game spanned plenty of years for that and we saw Ezio grow just fine with just II. Jacob and Evie were alright, I say.

3. Bring back training and using recruits. It was so much fun. Use brotherhood/Revelations' system though. Something like Kenway's fleet in Black Flag and the convoy trading (naval/land) from III would also be pretty cool. These are ways to make money and gain resources when not playing or busy playing doing other things.

4. As for bringing anything else back from past games? Not against the idea of more renovating stuff. Hideouts or cities themselves.I'm sure many would say Naval combat and I do admit to liking it quite a lot in all of the games that had it. I do say though something that would be cool to have would be something akin to the Homestead missions in III. There was such a charm to building your own little community and watching it grow as people came in to start lives there. You'd watch them deal with typical struggles for survival, grow intimate and start families together, and ultimately they were all there when Connor needed them to be concerning Achilles.

5. DO NOT ever bring back a super-cluttered Unity map. No chests everywhere that can't be unlocked due to mobile things or micro transactions. In fact, I'd be happy if micro transactions were gone for good, though I know that's just a pipe dream. I think Syndicate dealt with it all decently enough. It wasn't too much of a grind or struggle to unlock things and I never felt tempted to pay for anything besides the Jack the Ripper expansion which I wanted.

6. I know Egypt is cool and excited to play in it and I'll always give your games a chance, but cmon Ubisoft. GIVE US JAPAN ALREADY!

Azugo
01-20-2017, 05:38 AM
Not much to add to what's already been said, for me. The story's become a convoluted mess (even more than it ever was!) since Black Flag, with the Sage stuff. Feel it needs cleaning up. Seems to lack proper direction since Desmond was killed off.

Think I just want strong character development more than anything else. Love going from kid to fully-fledged assassin ala Ezio/Connor.

A prominent modern setting is also important.

joelsantos24
01-20-2017, 09:51 PM
Not much to add to what's already been said, for me. The story's become a convoluted mess (even more than it ever was!) since Black Flag, with the Sage stuff. Feel it needs cleaning up. Seems to lack proper direction since Desmond was killed off.

Think I just want strong character development more than anything else. Love going from kid to fully-fledged assassin ala Ezio/Connor.

A prominent modern setting is also important.
I think the meta-story that we have now, is merely the end-result of all the criticism it got over the years, exactly for being too complex and intricate (which isn't necessarily a problem). I don't even consider we have an actual meta-story, since we're basically reduced to an anonymous First Person character roaming the memories of Assassins. Just use the Shroud and bring back Desmond, reunite him with Shaun and Rebecca and tackle the Juno problem once and for all. Stop wasting time, it's pretty obvious the developers have no idea what to do with it, so they're stalling. If Juno is the main villain, then Desmond is the obvious counter-weight.

Other than the meta story, I'm also worried about the claims that Ubisoft intends to reduce the narrative even further. It was already obvious that the games were suffering from superficial stories and repeatability, so reducing the narrative even more will destroy that which leads to a deeper immersion.

crusader_prophet
01-20-2017, 09:59 PM
I want Templars and Assassins unite against a common threat to humanity and annihilate it - Drumpf.

Sigma 1313
01-21-2017, 12:28 AM
I think the meta-story that we have now, is merely the end-result of all the criticism it got over the years, exactly for being too complex and intricate (which isn't necessarily a problem). I don't even consider we have an actual meta-story, since we're basically reduced to an anonymous First Person character roaming the memories of Assassins. Just use the Shroud and bring back Desmond, reunite him with Shaun and Rebecca and tackle the Juno problem once and for all. Stop wasting time, it's pretty obvious the developers have no idea what to do with it, so they're stalling. If Juno is the main villain, then Desmond is the obvious counter-weight.

Other than the meta story, I'm also worried about the claims that Ubisoft intends to reduce the narrative even further. It was already obvious that the games were suffering from superficial stories and repeatability, so reducing the narrative even more will destroy that which leads to a deeper immersion.

I completely agree man. And honestly, the complexity is what kept myself and many friends intrigued with the series past AC3. I want to know more about the modern struggle because it unites all of history. It gives me a reason to play every game.

Just think about the way ACRev united the stories of Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Revelations had many flaws, and I argue to be the first game in the overall downward spiral of the series, but it still had a fantastic story (other than Ezio hitting on a woman half his age... that always creeped me right out).

Azugo
01-21-2017, 01:31 AM

You're exactly right. One of the main reasons I fell in-love with Assassin's Creed all those years ago (nearly 10 years, wow!) is because of its complex storyline, full of mystery and intrigue. It still has that, but like you said - they don't know what to do with it anymore. There was not much more frustrating for me than getting the newest game every year and looking forward to my favourite part - the modern setting - moving along at a snails' pace.

Bringing Desmond back is certainly a means-to-an-end regarding the modern story, which is what the series needs - but I'm not sure this is the right way to go about it. Then again, I'm not sure what is. Now that we can see what's happened with the current narrative, AC3 probably should've been written as being the end of this story arc, rather than just the end of Desmond. Or they shouldn't have killed him off if they wanted to keep it going.

This is probably gonna be an unpopular idea, but at this point, I wouldn't be opposed if they scrapped the entire thing and started over with a clear start, middle and endpoint in-mind rather than carrying on with this perpetual, directionless mess they've got going on right now.

I agree with you. Perhaps they're wanting the movies to carry the heavy-load of the narrative from now-on, but we'll wait and see what happens with Empire.

ERICATHERINE
01-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Just use the Shroud and bring back Desmond, ...

I too, would like Desmond to return. I miss doing real md missions (instead of just watch a video or listen/read Assassin intel or doing things in md that aren't done by someone not important like in ac iv or rogue), while controling someone really important in 3rd person. The problem about with that part of what you said is that the shroud will not be enough. Of course there is a way, but you will also need another piece of eden.

I won't go in the details here because I want to do a thread that will talk about it and other things. ^-^

joelsantos24
01-21-2017, 06:50 PM
I completely agree man. And honestly, the complexity is what kept myself and many friends intrigued with the series past AC3. I want to know more about the modern struggle because it unites all of history. It gives me a reason to play every game.

Just think about the way ACRev united the stories of Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Revelations had many flaws, and I argue to be the first game in the overall downward spiral of the series, but it still had a fantastic story (other than Ezio hitting on a woman half his age... that always creeped me right out).
Yeah, the stories have indeed been suffering, ever since Revelations. I don't know if it's the direct effect of not having someone like Désilets overseeing the project, but the games haven't been the same, since his departure. I'm not glorifying the guy, because I blame him for many aspects which I really didn't enjoy in the first games, but he does know what he's doing, generally speaking.

You're exactly right. One of the main reasons I fell in-love with Assassin's Creed all those years ago (nearly 10 years, wow!) is because of its complex storyline, full of mystery and intrigue. It still has that, but like you said - they don't know what to do with it anymore. There was not much more frustrating for me than getting the newest game every year and looking forward to my favourite part - the modern setting - moving along at a snails' pace.

Bringing Desmond back is certainly a means-to-an-end regarding the modern story, which is what the series needs - but I'm not sure this is the right way to go about it. Then again, I'm not sure what is. Now that we can see what's happened with the current narrative, AC3 probably should've been written as being the end of this story arc, rather than just the end of Desmond. Or they shouldn't have killed him off if they wanted to keep it going.

This is probably gonna be an unpopular idea, but at this point, I wouldn't be opposed if they scrapped the entire thing and started over with a clear start, middle and endpoint in-mind rather than carrying on with this perpetual, directionless mess they've got going on right now.

I agree with you. Perhaps they're wanting the movies to carry the heavy-load of the narrative from now-on, but we'll wait and see what happens with Empire.
The stories are what anchors us to a game. No one buys a game strictly for it's gameplay, but many people will buy a game to experience a great story. It just seems Ubisoft is willing to abandon complex narratives, in favour of some shallow gameplay-driven experience. I really don't want that, so I'm really afraid of what might be coming our way, in the form of the next game.

I too, would like Desmond to return. I miss doing real md missions (instead of just watch a video or listen/read Assassin intel or doing things in md that aren't done by someone not important like in ac iv or rogue), while controling someone really important in 3rd person. The problem about with that part of what you said is that the shroud will not be enough. Of course there is a way, but you will also need another piece of eden.

I won't go in the details here because I want to do a thread that will talk about it and other things. ^-^
Cool.

Megas_Doux
01-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Unity's combat was pretty good I felt, just needed some tweaking, like no one-second-reload pistols and all guards using it together and on top of that very difficult to dodge that.

Also hello old friend.

Indeed!

Back in day I thought it was an step into the right direction but due to the fact the game was broken and the fanbase wants to be freaking demigods from the get-go, it was hated and then scratched. Kudos to you as well, bro!

libertyprime892
01-24-2017, 05:35 PM
Anyone remember Egyptian character mentioned in ac2? Amulet? Considering the next game is heavily rumoured to be in ancient Egypt I think she would be an awesome assassin to play. She apparently killed cleopatra with a venomous snake! I think ubi could actually implement a snake as a weapon, considering there shouldn't be any guns in this game it would allow for a ranged aspect, similar to the drone in watch dogs 2 lol. Even without the snake I think she would be an amazing character to play and customise. Even if she isn't used I am so hyped for the potential of an ac Egypt game, I think it would really refresh the series and going back in time is great. We all know how well ubi creates cities in particular time periods and Egypt would look AWESOME. Pyramids (which in their day were bright white with limestone) sphinx, monuments, TOMBS! I would love to see pyramids in finished state or under construction, internal access possibly?

Thoughts?

D.I.D.
01-25-2017, 09:13 AM
The main thing I'd like is for light and dark to be friend and foe (or foe and friend, respectively!).

I want to see patches of heavy shadow as places of relative safety. The dark is mine, the light is theirs. The roofs are mine, the streets are theirs. When I go into a big building such as a church or a temple, I'd like a scattering of dark areas to make me start plotting a course through them and across the room.

Splinter Cell has had this forever, and I'm surprised we still don't have this in AC. The chameleon skill was a terrible thing, but if it only worked in shadow and when you were still, they could have done all kinds of things with it. If guards patrolled at night carrying lanterns, that would be great too -- moving light sources that change the layout as they move. If you take one down, the fallen guard would drop the lantern and others would notice the suspicious loss of a light and come and investigate, maybe in pairs/groups. I'd like to see cleverer behaviour in general from the guards to reflect them becoming more frightened: maybe one guard watching the rear of the group as the others move forward. Anything to add tension, and the feeling of tables being turned between predator and prey.

MissAcrophobia
01-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Pyramids (which in their day were bright white with limestone) sphinx, monuments, TOMBS! I would love to see pyramids in finished state or under construction, internal access possibly? Thoughts?

I'd love to crawl around in tombs again, as I've missed that in the later games. And with all the theories about pyramids hiding alien technology I bet there will be something of the First Civilization under them.:D

If guards patrolled at night carrying lanterns, that would be great too -- moving light sources that change the layout as they move. If you take one down, the fallen guard would drop the lantern and others would notice the suspicious loss of a light and come and investigate, maybe in pairs/groups. I'd like to see cleverer behaviour in general from the guards to reflect them becoming more frightened: maybe one guard watching the rear of the group as the others move forward. Anything to add tension, and the feeling of tables being turned between predator and prey.

Sounds good. Especially that bit about cleverer behaviour from the guards.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
02-20-2017, 03:02 PM
great big old ancient cities or european cities, before 1800 and aswell great differen countryside and interesting story! :D

SixKeys
02-20-2017, 05:54 PM
The main thing I'd like is for light and dark to be friend and foe (or foe and friend, respectively!).

I want to see patches of heavy shadow as places of relative safety. The dark is mine, the light is theirs. The roofs are mine, the streets are theirs. When I go into a big building such as a church or a temple, I'd like a scattering of dark areas to make me start plotting a course through them and across the room.

I can see the appeal in this, but I honestly wish they would focus more on the social aspect of AC stealth. Hiding in shadows befits a typical stealth game, but the assassins' creed is about hiding in plain sight. That aspect has been sorely lacking in recent games. I want them to be careful with implementing traditional stealth mechanics because you risk taking away AC's uniqueness.

A better implementation, IMO, would be weather having more of an effect on the environment, for example. If you hide in a crowd when it's sunny, you're fine, but if it starts to rain, people scatter to look for shelter. Alternatively, when it starts to rain, you could walk up to someone and snatch their umbrella to hide your face and walk past the guards unnoticed, but naturally you couldn't use the same method during sunny weather. If there's snow, that could open up a new distraction method like bribing children to throw snowballs at a guard, making him chase after them and leaving the way open for you.

These kinds of social situations are what I want to see more in AC, not simplistic crouching and hiding in shadows like every other stealth game. For example I really liked the way Arno's money bomb worked as both a stealth and distraction tool because it spontaneously created a hiding spot around you, as opposed to Ezio who could only use it to distract low-level guards or hinder pursuers.

Splinter Cell has had this forever, and I'm surprised we still don't have this in AC. The chameleon skill was a terrible thing, but if it only worked in shadow and when you were still, they could have done all kinds of things with it. If guards patrolled at night carrying lanterns, that would be great too -- moving light sources that change the layout as they move. If you take one down, the fallen guard would drop the lantern and others would notice the suspicious loss of a light and come and investigate, maybe in pairs/groups. I'd like to see cleverer behaviour in general from the guards to reflect them becoming more frightened: maybe one guard watching the rear of the group as the others move forward. Anything to add tension, and the feeling of tables being turned between predator and prey.

Agreed. One thing I liked about the Arkham games was how enemies would get increasingly nervous when they found a buddy of theirs knocked unconscious. Their patrol patterns became more erratic, they were more trigger-happy (sometimes shooting at shadows when there was nothing there) and it was harder to catch them unawares. Once alerted, they would never return to "must have been the wind" á la AC. There were even differences in their reactions. Some would turn into sniveling cowards while others would react aggressively and become boastful ("You think you can scare me?!").

Helforsite
02-22-2017, 03:57 PM
I can see the appeal in this, but I honestly wish they would focus more on the social aspect of AC stealth. Hiding in shadows befits a typical stealth game, but the assassins' creed is about hiding in plain sight. That aspect has been sorely lacking in recent games. I want them to be careful with implementing traditional stealth mechanics because you risk taking away AC's uniqueness.

A better implementation, IMO, would be weather having more of an effect on the environment, for example. If you hide in a crowd when it's sunny, you're fine, but if it starts to rain, people scatter to look for shelter. Alternatively, when it starts to rain, you could walk up to someone and snatch their umbrella to hide your face and walk past the guards unnoticed, but naturally you couldn't use the same method during sunny weather. If there's snow, that could open up a new distraction method like bribing children to throw snowballs at a guard, making him chase after them and leaving the way open for you.

These kinds of social situations are what I want to see more in AC, not simplistic crouching and hiding in shadows like every other stealth game. For example I really liked the way Arno's money bomb worked as both a stealth and distraction tool because it spontaneously created a hiding spot around you, as opposed to Ezio who could only use it to distract low-level guards or hinder pursuers.

Agreed. One thing I liked about the Arkham games was how enemies would get increasingly nervous when they found a buddy of theirs knocked unconscious. Their patrol patterns became more erratic, they were more trigger-happy (sometimes shooting at shadows when there was nothing there) and it was harder to catch them unawares. Once alerted, they would never return to "must have been the wind" á la AC. There were even differences in their reactions. Some would turn into sniveling cowards while others would react aggressively and become boastful ("You think you can scare me?!").

I actually think that an ideal assassin is a master of both classic and social stealth, because one of their mottos is " We work in the dark to serve the light." and one of the 3 tenants of the Creed is to "Hide in plain sight". From a gameplay perspective many players might choose classic stealth, because it is easier - these are probably also the people who rather not use stealth at all in which case there is not a lose of stealth user.