PDA

View Full Version : On the history of the RC(Real Confusion)

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I will just try to clarify things with the betas for those who are still confused about the matter from what I saw going on on the forums (Note:this is my vision of the situation,please correct me if needed)
1.I did have the leaked beta,but this is not what you are looking for now-this was "leaked",consequently,unofficial.Let's just call it LBeta.
2.Oleg announced the official public beta test version 11/06/03 01:18PM,The patch consists of 2 zipped files,RC01 and RC02.People managed to download the RC01 only,the server went down,and the community was left without the RC02,which was a pain since it contans the improved from LLBeta data.
3.Some people just installed the RC01 over the LBeta,thus got mistaken that they have the official beta. This is not true,as the RC02 contains changes from the LBeta.
4.Thanks God ,now that Oleg is back from the long weekend,we can get the RC02 and enjoy the official beta,as well as REPORT any BUGS-eventually,this version will become the final free patch version 1.2 for IL-2FB.To upgrade from 1.11,apply both the RC01 and RC02(simple copy-paste operation).
P.S.Just a note on installation-to be on the safe side,I would advise to copy the whole FB folder to a different dir(works just fine!) and apply the beta to it,so you'll have both 1.11 and RC running on your PC.To play over the net with the different versions,press Shift+Ctrl while starting the HL,scan for .exe files,and you are free to choose which version you will play.Enjoy!
P.S.S.I believe that it is my first time that I observed such level of despair and mental disorder on the forums when people couldn't get the promised RC02,such a pity Dostoevsky isn't around anymore to create another masterpiece!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I will just try to clarify things with the betas for those who are still confused about the matter from what I saw going on on the forums (Note:this is my vision of the situation,please correct me if needed)
1.I did have the leaked beta,but this is not what you are looking for now-this was "leaked",consequently,unofficial.Let's just call it LBeta.
2.Oleg announced the official public beta test version 11/06/03 01:18PM,The patch consists of 2 zipped files,RC01 and RC02.People managed to download the RC01 only,the server went down,and the community was left without the RC02,which was a pain since it contans the improved from LLBeta data.
3.Some people just installed the RC01 over the LBeta,thus got mistaken that they have the official beta. This is not true,as the RC02 contains changes from the LBeta.
4.Thanks God ,now that Oleg is back from the long weekend,we can get the RC02 and enjoy the official beta,as well as REPORT any BUGS-eventually,this version will become the final free patch version 1.2 for IL-2FB.To upgrade from 1.11,apply both the RC01 and RC02(simple copy-paste operation).
P.S.Just a note on installation-to be on the safe side,I would advise to copy the whole FB folder to a different dir(works just fine!) and apply the beta to it,so you'll have both 1.11 and RC running on your PC.To play over the net with the different versions,press Shift+Ctrl while starting the HL,scan for .exe files,and you are free to choose which version you will play.Enjoy!
P.S.S.I believe that it is my first time that I observed such level of despair and mental disorder on the forums when people couldn't get the promised RC02,such a pity Dostoevsky isn't around anymore to create another masterpiece!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif