PDA

View Full Version : Not getting FFB on Top Gun Afterburner Force Feedback stick

skulls_spade
06-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Just bought the the Thrustmaster Top Gun AFterburner Force Feedback stick.

It feels nice and the software seems straight forward enough but even though it tests out fine in the prperties for FFB I am getting zero effects in game.

I know others have disabled FFB on thier sticks because it's TOO strong but I'm getting nothing.

I've tried getting on TM's webpage but their technical page signup is not working and I can't get on. I'm hoping someone here can give me some help.

Thanks.

skulls_spade
06-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Just bought the the Thrustmaster Top Gun AFterburner Force Feedback stick.

It feels nice and the software seems straight forward enough but even though it tests out fine in the prperties for FFB I am getting zero effects in game.

I know others have disabled FFB on thier sticks because it's TOO strong but I'm getting nothing.

I've tried getting on TM's webpage but their technical page signup is not working and I can't get on. I'm hoping someone here can give me some help.

Thanks.

arcadeace
06-12-2004, 12:26 PM
I just purchased it yesterday and it works fine. I'm a lefty but it fits my right hand like a glove and I'm already enjoying it more than any other. Do you have FFB enabled in your Imput? I'm using mine with Win98.

Also, you can adjust the FFB action. Its quite versatile with infinite variability for 'static' and 'dynamic' sensitivity.

Mine even came with a copy of Il-2 and Ubi products are highly recommended.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/222_1082457373_222_1082441075_airaces.jpg

skulls_spade
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
NOt sure what I did, but today I turned on the PC and jumped into a quick DF and I had FFB. Maybe it need just one more cold reboot...

I still would like to see a bit MORE FFB but I'm happy with it now.

I moved from my trusty ol X45 and even though I feel a bit guilty leaving him sitting in his storage box, I'm very happy with the new stick.

The fact it had the IL2 Demo included was what convinced me to give it a try, I used to use the MSFFB sidewinder (serial) and loved the FFB but the lack of driver support and not enough buttons forced me to the X45. I would still recommend the x45 for anyone not interested in FFB or spending over $300 for a cougar.

I'm done with this one.