PDA

View Full Version : My response to the AC movie.

Foresster088
12-31-2016, 02:39 PM
I've just seen the AC movie, it was pretty bad i would give it 5.5/10
Reasons:
1I give -3 points because the movie makes no sense, by that i mean i dont get it, in one scene they are fighting, 10sec. later they are talking, in one scene they are saynig the Abstergo is bad, in another scene the Abstergo is good. :confused:

2. -1 point, No Desmond :mad:

3.-0.5 The design of the Animus, so this isnt so important but the design of the Animus was uppseting me way too much, i would be okay with the chair from AC2, or the original Animus, seriously guy how could you **** up something simple as that? :mad:

strigoi1958
12-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Templars and assassins both kill people for reasons they believe is best... so does that make them both good? both bad? or good or bad, depending which side you are fighting for? so technically Abstergo could be seen as good and bad.

Desmond miles was in a tiny tiny percent of AC maybe just 1 or 2 percent so he's not a major figure... although many hold him in high regard. Besides the film is based on the game series, it is not supposed to be an exact copy because everyone who had played the game wouldn't go to see this interpretation of the story line... besides as the next movies follow... there may well be a Desmond... who knows?

The animus... maybe the chair looked too boring for the movie and as I said this is an adaptation not a copy of the game... The movie is designed to reach movie watchers rather than just please game players... and it is setting the scene for the future movies, it is telling the basic story so all the future movies can concentrate on the action, the fighting, stealth and plot twists without spending a lot of time explaining who the templars/ assassins are and the reasons for fighting.

Sometimes we don't "get" a movie but that doesn't make it bad.

Hey Happy new year

Misterscruff63
12-31-2016, 04:29 PM
Have heard mixed reviews about the film but either way I'm going to watch it.

Butcherbird59
12-31-2016, 10:08 PM
Here is an opinion piece about this movie - 2 stars

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/movie-trailers/michael-fassbender-goes-over-to-the-dark-side-in-assassins-creed/news-story/2814bc624527838644367c27582ec883

....and a happy 2017!

Lysette88
01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Well, I did not expect much after so many bad reviews - but it was even worse - by far worse than I expected - plain said: utter crap and a pain to have had to watch it until the end - not even worth a review at all. The worst movie I have seen in a long time - 0 out of 10.

Lysette88
01-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Templars and assassins both kill people for reasons they believe is best... so does that make them both good? both bad? or good or bad, depending which side you are fighting for? so technically Abstergo could be seen as good and bad.

Desmond miles was in a tiny tiny percent of AC maybe just 1 or 2 percent so he's not a major figure... although many hold him in high regard. Besides the film is based on the game series, it is not supposed to be an exact copy because everyone who had played the game wouldn't go to see this interpretation of the story line... besides as the next movies follow... there may well be a Desmond... who knows?

The animus... maybe the chair looked too boring for the movie and as I said this is an adaptation not a copy of the game... The movie is designed to reach movie watchers rather than just please game players... and it is setting the scene for the future movies, it is telling the basic story so all the future movies can concentrate on the action, the fighting, stealth and plot twists without spending a lot of time explaining who the templars/ assassins are and the reasons for fighting.

Sometimes we don't "get" a movie but that doesn't make it bad.

Hey Happy new year

I know, you wanted to like this movie - but not even you can ease the pain to have had to watch it - seriously - nothing can save this movie, it is so bad, I had to force me to stay to it's end. We should not try to plaster it over and claim it to have some good in it - it doesn't - it is a piece of crap.

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 05:30 PM
It's personal choice... I hate onions and garlic... I think they should be destroyed as even the smell of them is utterly revolting... if I ruled the world anyone found growing them would be imprisoned for life.... ;)
but because I don't like them does that make them bad for everyone.... or just me?

Just because you didn't like the movie it doesn't mean I will not like the movie.

If I don't like something I do not waste time I move on, life is very short, don't waste it by doing anything that does not make you happy.

Butcherbird59
01-03-2017, 01:39 AM
Well, I did not expect much after so many bad reviews - but it was even worse - by far worse than I expected - plain said: utter crap and a pain to have had to watch it until the end - not even worth a review at all. The worst movie I have seen in a long time - 0 out of 10.

Please be more helpful and let us know what exactly is the problem with that movie, in your view, instead of throwing just an unspecific tantrum into the room - there is possibly some room to discuss?! The ol wisdom tells ' be precise, be concise'

Scystab
01-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Well, I for one think the movie was fine and definetly not a waste of time/money.
The reasons the OP said he/she didn't like the movie are the reasons I liked it.

1. the conflict and on again/off again fighting is great and I was truly convinced they belive in their reaosns.
2. Thank God for no Desmond, they had so much more liberty plotwise by not limiting them to the plots we already know from the games
3. The animus designe was probably so that we could see Fassbender in action instead of him just laying on a bed.

All in all I would give it a positive review (withouth going too much into detail). The parkur and the fights are awesome and you just know nobody does epic panorama scenes of mayham better than Ubisoft!

But like Strigoi said, its a personal choice.

/scy

PS:
BUT PLEASE, I BEG YOU! DONT DESTROY THE GARLIC!

ISAC-KLeXoR
01-03-2017, 11:39 AM
i will fight for garlic, donīt u ever touch it.!!!! :mad:

Lysette88
01-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Please be more helpful and let us know what exactly is the problem with that movie, in your view, instead of throwing just an unspecific tantrum into the room - there is possibly some room to discuss?! The ol wisdom tells ' be precise, be concise'

I did like NOTHING with this movie, it makes me angry as hell to even think about it - so I won't discuss it further - it was just terrible. Basically even the bad reviews were actually nice to the movie - I am not that nice, I had to pay for it and it did not deliver.

Butcherbird59
01-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Okay, okay.. now relax and be well!

We all burn money every now and then - those public (internet) reviews are softened a lot and many reviews don't even evaluate/consider the storyline.

JohnConnor2012
01-04-2017, 09:56 PM
'Assassin's Creed' movie was way off-canon and I can see long-term fans disappointed, even angered, by that. Plotting was inevitable much-simplified - film 10-20x shorter than average AC-series playthrough. Again, I'm prepared to make allowances. I actually *liked* the film version of the Animus - much more dynamic/visual.

Where the movie *should* have gained was in spectacle, esp. action sequences, and I thought it only pretty middling in that. I'm not surprised regular cinema-goers not aware of AC backstory were underwhelmed as well as mystified.

Pluses: good that spirit of 'many faiths and backgrounds' retained; Assassins defending Apple/Grenada from Reconquista. Torquamada certainly suitable as Templar villain. Also very bravely in current climate, 'Assassins Creed' film defends use of violence as guarantor of individual liberty. Templars claim they want to abolish all violence, but the reality is that they just wanted to monopolise it to serve their own ends. Added serious undertone to otherwise quite superficial entertainment.