PDA

View Full Version : hey mr Luthier, would it be possible

Sharpe26
05-23-2004, 07:23 AM
to add something to the coms section of the game that would allow a player not yet flying lead to warn his flight when he spots bandits. And also the reaction of flight lead when he doesn't see anything?

thank you very much.

Sharpe26
05-23-2004, 07:23 AM
to add something to the coms section of the game that would allow a player not yet flying lead to warn his flight when he spots bandits. And also the reaction of flight lead when he doesn't see anything?

thank you very much.

Chuck_Older
05-23-2004, 10:43 AM
This is one of my biggest gripes with FB.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/10.gif
don't take a lack of reply on Luthier's part personally. I hear he's washing the dishes.

The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

Mashie_Nibblick
05-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Hear, hear!

Umm...I've noticed that my postcount is somewhat lower than you lads'. Nonetheless, I've been playing this game/sim/drug for a year and a bit, and this inability to call "Tally-ho!" bugs me. I've got hundreds, if not thousands, of hours under my belt offline, and in 99% of my missions, I spot the opposition before my digital mates, and invariably get chewed out for accelerating up and out of formation to gain some E's. I seem to recall that in AOTP (forever in my heart, came out around the time I graduated from High School, thus delaying my love life a couple of years) you could alert your flight to the presence of bandits and they'd react accordingly.

If we could do it then, can we do it now?

(Bit of a spelling edit--been into the grog a bit--also wanted to say to Chuck: the Clash rock. Keep it coming.)

Sharpe26
05-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Mashie, AOTP is the reason I asked this!

Tater-SW-
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Will commo between different Ai flight elements be limited by thier having radios or not?

tater

heywooood
05-24-2004, 09:09 AM
maybe AI could be altered to recognize the "break" command no matter who it comes from?

Chuck_Older
05-24-2004, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mashie_Nibblick: the Clash rock. Keep it coming.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do

The soldier boy, for his soldier's pay, obeys the sergeant at arms, whatever he says
~ Clash