PDA

View Full Version : Feedback regarding an incorrect classical tune on songsneak app...

Skauron
12-28-2016, 01:19 AM
Just been going through my songsneak media player in game and have noticed what looks like an error within the naming of one of the tunes?

Piano Sonata no. 14 by L.V.Beethoven is listed twice in the songsneak but without doubt are two completely separate pieces by Beethoven.

one track of 7 mins 27 seconds is listed correctly.

and the other track of length: 4 mins 13 seconds.. is incorrectly named and should be instead 'Moonlight Sonata'.

Ubi-Iudex
12-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Hey Skauron,

I'll have to look into this further, but I believe the two tracks are different movements of the same piece, simply broken up. This would explain why they are named the same.

I do see the merit in distinguishing between them though, so I'll mention this to the team.

Skauron
12-28-2016, 02:23 AM
You may be right.. two parts of one longer movement.

I'm not a classical music enthusiast though, it was just an observation more than anything due to them being listed with the same name.

I was very fortunate once when my music teacher played the entire thing for me on the piano at school. (over 30 years ago now) and it is a tune that has stuck in my head for many years.

One track i was extremely pleased appeared in the game was a tune that has been an 'ear worm' to me for so many years and i never followed it up as to what it was is the track Gnossiennes no. 1 by Eric Satie. When i was a young lad i remember a tune playing when the original tv series was on and thought it was Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.. and more recently i think i heard it on Mr. Robot.. so it was nice to put a track name to this finally.. so thank you for including it in game :)