PDA

View Full Version : Game skins based on cinematic story trailer

llSgtBanksll
12-27-2016, 05:43 PM
In the trailer released in June, I love the skins before the grass grows and they change their outfits. I would love to see these in game. The knight is the best with the basic helmet and armour, but I also love the wooden shoulder plate of the samurai and short horns on the viking. I haven't played any alphas so maybe they are in. I'd show pictures, but I don't know how. Anyone else think this would be cool?

Dez_troi_aR
12-27-2016, 06:21 PM
I think they chose those designes to demonstrate how poor and desperate everyone was after the apocalyptic events. They picture downgraded versions of the same vanguard classes we get to play but not skins we can earn. That can be taken for granted because there is no viking with shield and axe.

Dez_troi_aR
12-28-2016, 01:24 AM
It then says, 'more coming soon', so that might mean that Closed Beta Players will get the 'Crests of Old Pack' and a possible 'Armour of Old Pack', as a reward for playing the 'Old Versions' of For Honor.

I mean, it would make sense, right?

The reason why they went for old artifacts as beta rewards might be a reference to the "ancient time" of ForHonor which could be a metaphor to the quasi pre-historic time of development before the release.

It makes sense to reward players who lived during those acient times (aka, players who were fans during the alphas/betas: us) with old treasures.

CamoFlash7
12-28-2016, 01:37 AM
The reason why they went for old artifacts as beta rewards might be a reference to the "ancient time" of ForHonor which could be a metaphor to the quasi pre-historic time of development before the release.

It makes sense to reward players who lived during those acient times (aka, players who were fans during the alphas/betas: us) with old treasures.

I agree.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

llSgtBanksll
12-28-2016, 05:08 AM
I totally agree with you. Although looking at the website, there are some rewards given out to Closed Beta players, and the first ones displayed as of now, are the 'Crests of Old Pack' (or something like that, I'm not entirely sure what it is called).

It then says, 'more coming soon', so that might mean that Closed Beta Players will get the 'Crests of Old Pack' and a possible 'Armour of Old Pack', as a reward for playing the 'Old Versions' of For Honor.

Those are my hopes anyway.

Okay, that would be the best thing ever!! I hope this is real so much. Now I have to be in the beta. Haha thank you!

llSgtBanksll
12-28-2016, 05:20 AM

I only wish it was an open beta so anyone could get the rewards. I signed up a year ago and have never gotten an invite. Fingers crossed I guess.

CamoFlash7
02-07-2017, 03:09 PM
In the trailer released in June, I love the skins before the grass grows and they change their outfits. I would love to see these in game. The knight is the best with the basic helmet and armour, but I also love the wooden shoulder plate of the samurai and short horns on the viking. I haven't played any alphas so maybe they are in. I'd show pictures, but I don't know how. Anyone else think this would be cool?

I totally agree with you. Although looking at the website, there are some rewards given out to Closed Beta players, and the first ones displayed as of now, are the 'Crests of Old Pack' (or something like that, I'm not entirely sure what it is called).

Those are my hopes anyway.

(reposted because it glitched)