PDA

View Full Version : No dedicated server = No buy

EagleStrix
12-27-2016, 09:16 AM
I was just going to pre order For Honor Gold Edition. Then I heard that this game will use P2P system instead of dedicated server. What a shame for a AAA game like that! I am really disappointed as I was so exited for this game. They charging us a lot of money and not giving dedicated servers! Very bad decision. UBIsoft makes good games but this kind of decisions makes them flop. I am pretty sure this game will be launch-broken if they use P2P and then they will have to give a lot of efforts to make it standing again

So for me, not gonna pre order unless they ensure dedicated servers.:mad::mad::mad:

keizersozer
12-27-2016, 09:54 AM
it s big disappointment for a lot of us that such a big company do not have dedicated server in 2017 for multiplayer focused game.
this game looks to have such huge potential but will start with a big handicap i guess :(

djb204
12-28-2016, 04:22 AM
The immersion and fun was constantly coming to a dead stop during the beta. It kept pausing and migrating to a new host. Like what the hell is this? It's next gen consoles and a 2017 release, aren't we past all of this? The saddest part is, Microsoft has offered devs dedicated servers for any game Xbox game, but it's up to the devs to take them up on that offer.

keizersozer
12-28-2016, 08:22 AM
The immersion and fun was constantly coming to a dead stop during the beta. It kept pausing and migrating to a new host. Like what the hell is this? It's next gen consoles and a 2017 release, aren't we past all of this? The saddest part is, Microsoft has offered devs dedicated servers for any game Xbox game, but it's up to the devs to take them up on that offer.

really?? they offer them dedicated server?? so if microsoft is doing that they can easy find something for pc too i guess. then they only have to sort out the PS4.
i might be talking none sense but i am just so sad that there are no dedicated server for a game that looks epic in many aspect and feel like it s going to be ruined by the online experience :(:(:(

Admonishment
12-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Ubisoft, make my Valentine's happy and have dedicated servers for the final product. Please!

EagleStrix
12-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Yup. This will make our valentine happy.

Dez_troi_aR
12-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Oh Godhavemercy.... for Wotan's sake:

Could we all please accept the fact that at least 95% of us are not professional IT-people and NOT COMPETENT to make decisions about their online architecture ?

coolbord9
12-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Oh Godhavemercy.... for Wotan's sake:

Could we all please accept the fact that at least 95% of us are not professional IT-people and NOT COMPETENT to make decisions about their online architecture ?

We are, however, all competent to make our own purchasing decisions.

SyntheticDuckie
12-29-2016, 01:09 AM

That's all we can do.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

djb204
12-30-2016, 10:41 AM
I pre-ordered this game along with Ubisofts other title Wildlands. I've been playing Ubi titles since the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. These latest always online titles or DRM titles like The Division have been disappointing, and now For Honor is doing the same thing. I don't wanna make the same mistake twice, so I think I'll cancel my preorders until release. I need more info. DRM is anti-consumer.

AlmightyWarlock
12-30-2016, 07:17 PM
k bye! We'll still be playing.

PowerSenpai
12-30-2016, 09:10 PM

Completely true, i think it makes sense to vote with your wallet in cases like this.

AlmightyWarlock
12-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Completely true, i think it makes sense to vote with your wallet in cases like this.

I know what my wallet told me- "Go for gold, go for gold!"

PowerSenpai
12-31-2016, 02:40 AM
I know what my wallet told me- "Go for gold, go for gold!"

Don't tell anyone, but i pre-ordered gold edition too, shuuuush.

But seriously, the fact that we don't know what we get from the season pass and the game has not released yet, i would probably say it is not worth the money to pre-order for most people.

Stoffan200
12-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Don't tell anyone, but i pre-ordered gold edition too, shuuuush.

But seriously, the fact that we don't know what we get from the season pass and the game has not released yet, i would probably say it is not worth the money to pre-order for most people.

if you pre-orderd through steam you can refund it! that is why i pre-orderd gold edition as well, and if they take to many tuff out from the game that they promised, or, to be honest, dont have dedicated servers, im just going to refund it. and if we just get something good for the seson pass im gona refund it asswell, but it will probably be something pretty good, new multiplayer maps, cosmetic stuff, new weapons? new heroes maybe? prbably not lol but well have to se!

Lister4711
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Wow really no deadicated support, has a manger of a large gaming community we are always looking for new games to have team vs team tournaments, However fewer and fewer games these days support that format.

I was really hoping The Honor would has i would have loved to organise a large scale campaign for it, shame

CLOWNALERT
01-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Alpha played great, sorry about your decision to miss out on this rad game

Pope138
01-05-2017, 11:47 PM
I love all the threats.
I know so many people that were going to play it, but not now. Shame!

AeraLure
01-06-2017, 02:10 AM
I'm sure it works fine in alpha and beta testing, but with a larger group of players, many of whom don't sign up for those sorts of things, the range of hosting will suffer. I'm not preordering the game until there's a clear announcement one way or the other on the server issue, but if it remains P2P I'll probably pass.

I.S.T.A.
01-06-2017, 03:17 AM
if you have issues with p2p then your net is prolly bad anyway so yea, do us all a favor and don't play and quit complaining.

Dead1y-Derri
01-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Hi Everyone.

Just a reminder for everyone to keep this thread civil and respectful. I know many people here are passionate about the subject of dedicated servers so let's all be respect of that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that much be respected even if you personally disagree with it. Thanks folks

Regards
Derri

AeraLure
01-06-2017, 06:04 PM
if you have issues with p2p then your net is prolly bad anyway so yea, do us all a favor and don't play and quit complaining.

No... my issue is playing with those who's internet connection is questionable.I'm directly wired with a fairly fast connection, but a lot of people on the PS4 use it wireless, and the PS4 has a really bad wifi adapter. I'm concerned how that's going to work out for hosted games on the console.

ScaryDangerMan
01-19-2017, 04:02 AM
In most P2P games it automatically chooses someone with a good connection over someone who doesnt to be host. The problem is i saw plenty of rage quits during my time i played in the alphas. Theres too many people in games like this that if they get destroyed by someone whose alot better than them they leave and find a different lobby. With 4v4 being the largest game mode only makes it that much more likely the person leaving was the host. Like someone mentioned before its very immursion breaking when it constantly pauses to find a new host. This isnt a deal breaker for me of course im still gonna play the **** out of this game when it releases but this is probably the biggest drawback of the game.

Ant Heuser Kush
01-19-2017, 05:46 AM
Do whatever floats your boat.

FR4NCO
01-19-2017, 08:55 AM
oh man this could be a very big problem....so many bad things coming to mind that can happen when i think about P2P like lag switching... :mad:
saw this in another thread...:(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKUFBCRcgM&feature=youtu.be

messer-Simon
01-19-2017, 05:07 PM
We want dedicated server !