PDA

View Full Version : Invincibility frame ?

Necrolord56
12-26-2016, 09:36 PM
I wanted to now if side/backsteps and the roll does have invincibility frame ? because i saw a lot of yes or no and because of that i don't now who trust.

Nyvri
12-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Side steps seems to have invincibility frames sometimes, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. Same with dodge rolls.

NephthysIV
01-20-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't believe they have. You can notice it in outnumberd fights. If you dodge an attack through roll or sidestep you still can hit by another opponent.

CaptainPwnet
01-20-2017, 11:16 PM
They do have i frames you can dodge left to avoid an attack coming from the left is the most obvious time to notice. The out of combat roll also has some i frames, but in both cases it is not super excessive and if you time your dodge/roll poorly then many attacks will track to you at the end of your dodge/roll.

Also quite common in chase situations the chaser can catch up and go for a running attack but if the runner is watching behind him he can roll to avoid it. But on the flipside if the chaser waits just a little bit to bait out the roll he can catch the runner with his attack at the end of his roll instead.

NephthysIV
01-21-2017, 10:39 AM
They do have i frames you can dodge left to avoid an attack coming from the left is the most obvious time to notice
You are wrong. You dodge left and under the swing. You don't have an i-frame on this doge. You could be still get hit by another attack.

A top,left-> down,right swing you would doge by going left and move your body down.

A mid,left to mid,right swing you would probably most of the time block or maybe dodge back. But in For Honor you can dodge it like a top,left-> down,right swing

I like that the dodge mechanics in For Honor are quite realistic. You have to dodge in the right direction at the right time to avoid the hit. I-frames are boring and bad game-design.

zefurr
01-22-2017, 08:28 AM
I-frames are boring and bad game-design.

I-frames are a concession made to streamline gameplay. While they could add a series of extra commands to make your character crouch low, drop to the ground or limbo under attacks, they don't because it hurts the fluidity of the game, especially for casual players.

It is my belief that dodges in For Honor do have I-Frames. At 21 minutes and 16 seconds in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFPfx02fX4&t=21m15s the red Orochi is hit by an attack from the blue/green Orochi after dodging backwards. If you slow down the video you can see the blue Orochi's sword makes no contact with the blue Orochi's body (though there's a chance the game thinks their swords make contact, and counts the sword as a hit-able zone)

My belief is that the reason the red Orochi's suffers this hit is because I-frames from his backwards Dodge have run out and he is still in range of blue/green Orochi's attack.

There was also an attack during the technical test from one character that performed a sweep along the ground. This sweeping move could to be Dodged, but no characters lift their feet when they Dodge. They simply passed through the weapon.

The Orochi's zone attack is another good example, this move can be evaded with a sideways Dodge, but the sword passes in a ~300 degree arc in front of the Orochi at thigh height. There are no characters that lower themselves below thigh height during a Dodge, but a correctly timed Dodge will result in no contact being made by the zone attacking Orochi

Dark-Thomy
01-22-2017, 09:59 AM
There is at the very least invicibility frames during rolls.

It has been said during a dev livestream.

TCTF_SWAT
01-22-2017, 11:19 PM
I-frames are kinda a thing in fighters (which FH kinda is). It just really depends on how they implement them. So far it looks like they did good with the I-frames.....so far.

Aarpian
01-23-2017, 12:32 PM
They definitely do.
Biggest proof for me (other than people dodging into the Raider's unblockable) was when I had an Orochi stuck in a corner. I threw out an overhead and he "dodged" without moving due to the terrain keeping him in place, but the attack went straight through him nose-to-nuts without doing anything.

Altair_Snake
01-25-2017, 03:08 PM
I hate i-frames. :mad: