PDA

View Full Version : Viking the Thunderer

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-26-2016, 07:00 PM
I want to suggest new class character for the Warborn DLC.

Name: The Thunderer.
Physical shape: the big guy.
Weapon: huge hammer.
Specials: overhead (even if blocked) will disable enemy for a while, with a bit large penalty for stunned-time if not blocked.
Ability: rage mode, in which his attacks becomes a little bit faster and unstoppable. Also he will still be capable to survive and fight even with 0 health, until his rage mode is on. When rage mode is over, he dies.

If someone have thoughts, feel free to share.

Pokajew
12-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Just a quick question, do you know what balance is ? this class has no weakness whatsoever and basically has everything in the game (unblockables,unable to die,attacks that stun and still stun even after a block ? wtf is this) at the very least give it some obvious weaknesses because so far that's just an op class that has no point in being in the game.

PS: Slow attack speed isn't enough to be the only weakness (since i'm guessing he is slow since he has a "huge hammer").

keizersozer
12-28-2016, 03:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

No offense Soknheith_Axe but that sounds like a champion from league of legend called Tryndamer:
http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/tryndamere/

epic Undying Rage:

HAHAHAHAH mate you just killed me there i have tears in my eyes ;);););););)

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-28-2016, 04:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

No offense Soknheith_Axe but that sounds like a champion from league of legend called Tryndamer:
http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/tryndamere/

didn't knew xD

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Just a quick question, do you know what balance is ? this class has no weakness whatsoever and basically has everything in the game (unblockables,unable to die,attacks that stun and still stun even after a block ? wtf is this) at the very least give it some obvious weaknesses because so far that's just an op class that has no point in being in the game.

PS: Slow attack speed isn't enough to be the only weakness (since i'm guessing he is slow since he has a "huge hammer").

yes. But you will be able to dodge his overhead obviously. Warden can punish overhead-attacks of other classes with two quick slashes, Orochi can inflicting free damage after the parry, Warlord can block the opposite side according to his own right or left attack. This game have a deep balance system and what i've suggest is not an OP at all. Just dodge and hit, when it's overhead. This game based on reaction. Unblockables and Unable to die - only if he in the rage mode. You just can do enough damage and move away from him, waiting for his death. I didn't meant a 1 minute long rage mode anyway.

Pokajew
12-28-2016, 05:04 PM
If dodging was as easy as you put it then why isn't anyone dodging everything in the game then ?, warden's overhead counter hit needs to be timed well or you're just eating unnecessary damage, Orochi can inflict damage AFTER A PARRY which is no easy task, Warlord and Conq can both block all sides but that's just it, they're free to guard break if they rely on that all the time not to mention it consumes stamina every time they get hit while blocking all sides.

In your suggestion i saw no clear disadvantage or weakness that the overhead STUN even on block has, and if you didn't mean the rage mode lasting long then at the very least explain it a bit more instead of just giving an ability and whatnot.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
12-28-2016, 05:20 PM
If dodging was as easy as you put it then why isn't anyone dodging everything in the game then ?, warden's overhead counter hit needs to be timed well or you're just eating unnecessary damage, Orochi can inflict damage AFTER A PARRY which is no easy task, Warlord and Conq can both block all sides but that's just it, they're free to guard break if they rely on that all the time not to mention it consumes stamina every time they get hit while blocking all sides.

In your suggestion i saw no clear disadvantage or weakness that the overhead STUN even on block has, and if you didn't mean the rage mode lasting long then at the very least explain it a bit more instead of just giving an ability and whatnot.

Man, you seriously want to say that it's difficult for you to dodge an overhead?

keizersozer
12-30-2016, 10:14 AM
let me get my hands in to the beta and i ll let you know if it s easy :P

Ymir.exe
12-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Vikings didn't use warhammers.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Vikings didn't use warhammers.

It's a fantasy game...

Ymir.exe
01-01-2017, 03:36 PM
It's a fantasy game...

Then I want lightsabers.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Then I want lightsabers.

then for the sake of all of us go and play Star Wars: Battlefront, dude. It's on big discount right now!

Ymir.exe
01-02-2017, 12:41 PM
then for the sake of all of us go and play Star Wars: Battlefront, dude. It's on big discount right now!

Ok, and you should go play Skyrim. It has the warhammers you're looking for.

SpazzMaticuz
01-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Don't wanna say anything but your special outclasses lawbringer's special right away. Also other Classes have no such game changing abilities.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Ok, and you should go play Skyrim. It has the warhammers you're looking for.

believe me, man, i'm a huge viking nerd. But it's a FANTASY game and i'm just thinking of what kind of weapons are not used yet in the game. That's how i come with my suggestion.

Ymir.exe
01-06-2017, 01:30 AM
And it's historically based. None of the weapons featured are imaginary. They were all used by their respective factions. And the factions were also real. The only thing that is seriously ahistorical is the armour, and then only really for the vikings. If any faction should have a war hammer it's the knights. I'm sorry but the Thor build just doesn't fit the theme of the game. It's too fantasy.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-07-2017, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry but the Thor build just doesn't fit the theme of the game. It's too fantasy.

Okay, it's your opinion. I respect that.