PDA

View Full Version : The bleed mechanic

Dark-Thomy
12-23-2016, 10:19 AM
So, some feats and some heroes can apply bleed. This is a well known thing.

But, I was questionning myself : "what is the purpose of this ability ?"

Is there something you can do to shorten the bleed duration, or something you might do while fighting which would extend its duration ??
Maybe you take more damage while bleeding ??

Otherwise, it is technically useless and should be replaced by simply raw damages. See ?

(annnd actually this is a hidden question since I've seen an interview of a for honor dev by hot 97 and he said that the nobushi deals more damages on bleeding targets..
I'd love to hear a bit more about that !)

Nyvri
12-23-2016, 03:21 PM
I think it adds a bit more variety to the combat system, but I wouldn't miss it if it went away, tbh.

Bleed is something hard to balance since it's basically useless if it inflicts similar damage (enemies can still recover that health and has time to kill you) and it's also considered too powerful if it consumes a hefty amount of health.

feuerundblut
12-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Does it even prevent from regenerating health? It should at least do that.

Dark-Thomy
12-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Regenerating health ...?

Health...does not...regenerate.. If I'm not mistaken..
Except for the very last bar of health.

feuerundblut
12-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Regenerating health ...?

Health...does not...regenerate.. If I'm not mistaken..
Except for the very last bar of health.

That's what I am asking. Does the last bar regenerate if you are bleeding?

Dark-Thomy
12-24-2016, 07:56 PM
..well, I guess it would not, since as long as you take any bit of damages, it does not.

But anyway that is a very minor concern in my opinion.

TCTF_SWAT
01-01-2017, 02:53 AM
Bleeding seems to do enough damage. Best case scenario bleed shouldn't be doing moderate damage anyway. Just little bits. Enough that one can get some distance let the bleed work it's magic then go back in.

An example would be, maul the enemy then when getting near low stamina apply the bleed back off, let your stamina recover then go back in.

Dead1y-Derri
01-01-2017, 07:42 PM
I've played with some of the characters that can do bleed damage combos and they're very effective in finishing off a very low health enemy.

feuerundblut
01-03-2017, 10:40 AM
The problem I have with bleeding right now is we don't see its effect properly in game. I tried on many videos to check how the dot was shown but it's really not obvious at all. And I am concerned as my main will probably be the peacekeeper.

PAN_1972
01-07-2017, 08:56 AM
While someone is bleeding the shukogi makes 50% damage to him....... thats an interesting fact.

Dark-Thomy
01-08-2017, 08:43 PM
You meant "Nobushi", the one with a spear like weapon ? (called a Naginata)
The samurais hybrid class character.

BananaBlighter
01-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I thought about this too. The only difference I can see is that if the killing blow is dealt with a bleed attack, then at least you have a few seconds left to take your enemy down with you. Apart from that I don't see the point of it.

Dark-Thomy
01-09-2017, 07:03 AM
As soon as I'll get the courage to do so, I will make a whole thread on "How to make bleed a fun mechanic".

I have some very simple ideas that would benefit it already.

PAN_1972
01-12-2017, 11:49 AM
You meant "Nobushi", the one with a spear like weapon ? (called a Naginata)
The samurais hybrid class character.
Arghs, yes you are right this Samurai names are something I will not get used to ;)

Altair_Snake
01-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Can different bleeds stack? And if they do, can more than one affect you at the same time, or o they queue?

Zhantay
01-27-2017, 06:52 AM
I think they stack, I can't tell how much damage one bleed does but I think is 1/3 a health bar. Not sure if Boosting your attack damage increases it but I doubt it.

JokeryEU
01-27-2017, 09:39 PM
in dominion 4vs4 some classes are imune to bleed effect from perks was a knight stun 3 pokes like 3 times in a row 0 bleed effect and like 1% dmg only it should be a combination of bleed + normal dmg since you stab him else makes bleed effect poking useless since you do 1% dmg only

theres a limit how much bleeding you can give to someone but 50% is max till the bleeding effect runs out then you can reapply

you cant do 2 stun+poke combo in a row and expect to do 100% bleed dmg

Kaelde
01-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Actually bleed is a very cool mechanic to play with. My main is the peacekeeper whose main source of damage is bleed.
The wombo-combos I pulled of with bleed have been super satisfying, because once inflicted the health pool of the enemy is infected with a red dot effect shown as red bar.
This red bar can only be reduced with the dot effect, so the enemy is effectively lacking of this health while your raw damage is still taking bits of the normal health.

In dominion u can scare of players by making them bleed to capture flags or just cornering them because the dot effect is taking his time. In duels its rising the tension of the player who suffers of bleed damage because the one who inflicted it, has a health advantage without trading blows. In two vs two its the same effect.
Doing dmg without being in the attack range of your enemy, is super helpful when your opponent doesn't even know he is bleeding.

masterarms89
01-28-2017, 05:34 AM
Lol, you haven't played very much have you? Let me tell you, people don't realize they are bleeding until they start to run away and it's too late. Plus, as Nobushi you have a feat or a passive I think called way of the shark or some crap like that which makes other attack do more damage to targets that are bleeding.

EndranceRose
01-28-2017, 06:43 AM
So, some feats and some heroes can apply bleed. This is a well known thing.

But, I was questionning myself : "what is the purpose of this ability ?"

Is there something you can do to shorten the bleed duration, or something you might do while fighting which would extend its duration ??
Maybe you take more damage while bleeding ??

Otherwise, it is technically useless and should be replaced by simply raw damages. See ?

(annnd actually this is a hidden question since I've seen an interview of a for honor dev by hot 97 and he said that the nobushi deals more damages on bleeding targets..
I'd love to hear a bit more about that !)
Classes like the naginata do more initial damage on a opponent that is in bleed effect. Soo you already got what you wanted which is more raw damage. But bleed are for character that are out fighters. Meaning they need to move in and out of the attack range of their oppents. So bleed is great way to pressure the oppent into moving into and maintaining a short distance with these outfighters. Now if they didn't have bleed then a fight between a sheild infighter vs any bleed outfighter would last too long.

Mojiquee
01-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Bleeding is too extreme in its current state. The effect stacks, and all a Nobushi needs to do to deal as much damage as a couple of the Raider's strongest attacks is to just land a couple long range pokes. Since most of the cast which needs to be within her range in order to deal damage, it's often easy. Then she can just run away or turtle up until the bleed does its thing and not even worry about getting hurt in the mean time. What's worse is that she has a tracking kick that makes what should be one of the better ways to handle her (dodging to the left or right beside the poke) not work, because you can dodge the spear, but not the kick that puts you at spear range. Everything about Nobushi is for making passive bleed-out play work, and passive play is boring play.

GIANTMEGAKILLER
01-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Everything about Nobushi is for making passive bleed-out play work, and passive play is boring play.

I guess you don't like Warlocks and other Doters then? I do though and I think it's nice that they have classes that's not all about getting in close and personal. Diversion among the classes is a good thing. As long as there is balance.

TCTF_SWAT
01-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Bleed doesn't stack. It's static.

Peacekeeper bleed lasts 8 seconds, nobushi's last 6.

Veerdin-Wraith
01-29-2017, 06:30 AM
Honestly, I'm absolutely sick of this skill. I'm maining Warden right now (or rather, I'm trying to get my Warden to level up before I start playing other classes) and I just duelled two Assassin classes in a row. First a Nobushi and then a Peacekeeper.

Both of them employed the exact same strategy to beat me: Inflict bleed, run away.

Considering I had literally zero way to counter this: Attempting to DPS race them and beat the bleed countdown just ended up with them dodging away, maining parry defense, or in the case of the Nobushi, roundhousing me repeatedly in the face. While falling back and trying to play defensive to let the bleed run its course was... Well, it was exactly what they wanted from me, frankly.

This mechanic, while it does "fit" with the Assassin's gameplay style of "hit-and-run" is not enjoyable to fight against, and offers no real way to be countered. The last fight I was in literally ended with me getting a few good hits off, followed by getting bleed combo'd and the enemy running away from my attacks until I bled to death. There was no real way for me to avoid dying to the bleed and due to the speed difference between our classes, my medium-speed Warden just couldn't keep up with the flighty Peacekeeper I was fighting against.

Assassin classes should be about landing properly-timed, high damage critical hits, a reward for skilled dodging and parrying. But right now they all seem to consist of getting a bleed to proc and then running away until your opponent either dies from it, or it runs out and then just reapplying it.

This mechanic either needs some serious re-thinking, or removal.

I guess you don't like Warlocks and other Doters then? I do though and I think it's nice that they have classes that's not all about getting in close and personal. Diversion among the classes is a good thing. As long as there is balance.

This argument only really works if players have some way to counter it. In games that offer "DoT" classes like warlocks and stuff, we also usually have a counter to that with classes that can give health regen or cure debuff status. In FH, though, all we have is a slick melee system and a seemingly outy-of-place DoT debuff system for one class type, and no real counter for it.

Altair_Snake
01-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Bleed doesn't stack. It's static.

Peacekeeper bleed lasts 8 seconds, nobushi's last 6.
Sorry for asking this, but how did you get the info or test it? Really just curious.

Also, even if the time doesn't stack, do you know if the amount of health stacks (which would be even stronger)?

Palora
01-29-2017, 08:52 PM
Block, parry, dodge, get close and spam fast attacks to hit the Nobushi in the face fast and you'll be fine. She can't recover fast and can't handle close range at all.

Against peacekeeper it's almost the opposite, stay out of Push range and wait for her to attack, block or dodge, hit her hard once and pull back, repeat until dead. DO NOT GET GREEDY, you'll almost never pull off a combo before she dodges to the sides and pokes you.

Neither have the HP to surive more then a few good hits from warden classes. If you just rush in stupidly ofc the Nobushi is going to poke you to death from afar, that's what it's supposed to do.

TCTF_SWAT
01-29-2017, 09:04 PM
How to play, duel mode lvl 0 bot. The bleed is represented by blood splattering on the ground and obviously the character has a red glow. Timed it from the moment bleed took effect till the red spatters stopped appearing.

Warpzzz
01-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Go to change . org and search: for honor ubisoft dedicated servers

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers?recruiter=672383162&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink