PDA

View Full Version : Online Hacking Invasions - Pls Read Ubi

elizacron
12-19-2016, 10:11 PM
WD2 has been out for over a month now and I have been enjoying my time playing it. I really enjoy the missions, the graphics and the characters. I am about half way through the main storyline and enjoying that as well.

That said, I would like to give some more feedback on the Online Invasions (PvP). First, let me say there are still people playing WD SOLELY for this gameplay mode. They have been playing it for 2+ years now because that part of your game is so unique and compelling. Before WD2 came out, many of us were fearful that Online Hacking would either be removed from the game, or that it would be changed too much. Some of us were excited and hoped that Ubi would fix some the issues with this game mode (ex. fix the Notoriety points system to make it more balanced).

Fast forward to now and I see people leaving the game daily because they are so let down by what has happened to the Online Hacking. I see people going back to WD just to play Online Hacking even though they spent $80-$120 on WD2. I do hear a small minority of players saying they still like it in WD2, but even those people agree it is too flawed.

Ubi, please consider patching this part of the game so that the hardcore fans of this series can continue to enjoy WD2. Here are some suggestions:

- Make the mechanics work like they did in WD - you know that saying if it isn't broken, dont fix it? As invaders, we had time to find a good spot to hide. Now ALL the hacks are basically the same because we no longer have the time to choose a place to hide and get in place.

- Make the defenders more hardy. Invaders used to be able to hit defenders with their cars, or throw a bomb near them (not to hurt them, but to have fun, troll them a little, and make them bounce) Now you cant do anything to the defenders without getting kicked

- Please disable the drone copter in Online Hacking. There are just *too* many tools to use and it gives the defender an unfair advantage, The invader basically has no where to hide! Rooftops/high spots are now completely useless. Actually, everywhere is pretty much useless when the defender just has to throw out their drone and fly around. This takes away the hide and seek part of the game that was so fun!

- Remote control of cars - OMG - this feature is such a headache, Gone are the days of fun chases between the invader and defender. As soon as you try to get away, they stop your car. I recommend allowing each player to control the others car ONCE during a hack. Similar to how Jam Comms were limited in WD. And yes I know you can use the system crash to disable this, but I would take it a step further and limit it in Online Hacking. Ive spent time watching people play WD and some of the most fun times have been chases!

Again, these are just some ways I think you can improve this important game mode. You want people to still be playing WD2 a couple of years from now? FIX the Online Hacking Invasions. I keep urging the players I know to come here and give feedback because you said you would listen to us and continue to improve the game. This is going to be a deal breaker for some people. As I said, I've already seen many quit the game once they finish the story and go back to WD for the hacking. If nothing else, return it to the way it worked in the first game. We all loved it so much.

Thanks for reading.

Ubi-Iudex
12-20-2016, 02:49 AM
Thanks you for taking the time to share these suggestions with us, elizacron!

I've seen a good amount of feedback pertaining to the multiplayer in Watch Dogs 2, and can assure you that we are taking all of it into consideration. While I can't promise which changes will end up being implemented in the future, the most recent patch addressed many of the concerns players were previously vocal about. Posts such as this are great, as they provide valuable insight towards the desires of the player base. I'll make sure these are shared along to the team :)

KmarkoPL
12-20-2016, 03:15 PM
I say NO !!
Nerve drone or take it away in while invaded ?! Hell NO !!
If you can not think and properly hide, it is your problem .
Remote control cars ? No ! There are ways when you can escape, Think !

elizacron
12-21-2016, 05:00 AM
Thanks you for taking the time to share these suggestions with us, elizacron!

I've seen a good amount of feedback pertaining to the multiplayer in Watch Dogs 2, and can assure you that we are taking all of it into consideration. While I can't promise which changes will end up being implemented in the future, the most recent patch addressed many of the concerns players were previously vocal about. Posts such as this are great, as they provide valuable insight towards the desires of the player base. I'll make sure these are shared along to the team :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply Ubi-Iudex. I appreciate it!! There are SO many of us that have been playing WD for years just for the PvP alone. I really would hate to see people NOT do the same with WD2. I truly think you guys had it pretty much on the mark in the first game.

Again, thank you for sharing my feedback. It is coming from several people that have been long, loyal players of Watch Dogs. We all want to see WD2 have just as much replay value as the first one!!

Take care!

elizacron
12-21-2016, 05:06 AM
I say NO !!

I appreciate your opinion. I was sharing mine - as well as many of the people I know who have been playing WD for years. Right now as it stands, it is too tipped towards the defenders advantage, IMO. A lot of the fun of it has been stripped away. It isn't MY problem alone - again, this feedback comes from a lot of players I watch regularly on Twitch. And they are all VERY skilled players. Online Hacking in WD2 most certainly needs to continue to be improved upon. Hands down. Those are just some of the ideas we came up with. We didn't need a drone to help us in WD, so why do we need one for PvP in WD2? Again, Im just sharing some feedback. Your opinion obviously isn't the same as ours.

But thanks for chiming in!

A_Colder_Vision
12-21-2016, 08:34 PM
I say NO !!

Respectfully, I disagree.

I've been heavily playing Watch Dogs since the day it was released, and have been streaming it heavily for about 1.5 years, and online hacking is where the replay value was in WD1. As one that advocated for the drone as a counter-camping tool for those players that liked to get into those places (such as the tallest building on Bunker Island) that you had zero chance of profiling the target without getting profiled and/or killed. So, for that reason, it would have made sense for the invader to have a drone. The drone is still a good idea, but the implementation of it is what has unbalanced online hacking.

The target should not have access to their aerial drone. The best way to get spotted as an invader now, is to crouch. NPCs don't crouch, so it's a dead giveaway. We used to be able to do "ring-around-the-rosies" with cars, tri-signs, and other small objects. That is one of the elements that was great fun. It built anxiety because as the invader you need to perform that method perfectly for it to work. It was a technical skill. But now, when getting a birds-eye-view that the aerial drone offers, crouching gets you instantly spotted. Even if in net-hack view your aura is a neutral color, because the target sees a crouching person, it's a dead giveaway.

That's just one example of a technical skill that's been eliminated. There is nothing more infuriating than watching your target instantly sit down and launch an aerial drone. And because hacks are instantaneous, trying to run for some sort of cover often gets you spotted. Okay, so Ubi gave us a 120m hold radius, but that is mere pittance to the ability we had to tag our target and the time allotted to get ourselves to a decent hiding position.

Hiding on rooftops has been rendered obsolete, because of the aeriel drone. NPC's don't typically occupy rooftops. Just whip out the drone. Spotted. No longer does the target have to learn how to get to those areas to profile their invader. The drone is a deterrent for learning the finer points of the game in online hacking. Why bother to learn them if you have a drone that can spot everything. The drone isn't contributing to better game play in online hacking. It's contributing to frustration. The in-game justification for disabling the targets drone would simply be that you hacked their computer, disabled it. Simple. The targets are all but handed their wins.

Now, add on top of that the massively wide-open areas that many targets lurk in waiting for an invader. There weren't too many of those in WD, but in WD2, that's a very sizable portion of the map. Not fun.

The lack of a time-table to find and hack your opponent has eliminated the sense of urgency in the game. That was a fun aspect. But now, you can take all the time you need. Not fun.

The "heartbeat" when you opponant was close to you is now gone. Again, nothing to build anxiety and excitement. That "heartbeat" would sometimes force the invader to panic and make a mistake. Again, that was a fun and exciting aspect of OH in WD1.

If Ubi doesn't want to address these concerns that have stripped the fun out of online hacking, then maybe at least give us a Online Hacking "Classic" mode,that operates on the same principals as WD1.

I really am trying to love Online Hacking in WD2, but it's just not happening. Ubi broke the best thing about WD1 and it is extremely frustrating.

wolfman892
12-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Absolutely keep the drone. The drone prevents players from just camping in certain areas and then waiting to kill invaders. This was a huge problem in WD1. I love that the drone almost 100% prevents this.
The only real problem with online invasion is NETHACK. What's the point of hiding if the player can see you crouched behind cars or hiding in bushes when they switch it on? All I find you can do now is just wait in a car and hope you don't get spotted. If you do, drive to safety.

A_Colder_Vision
12-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Absolutely keep the drone. The drone prevents players from just camping in certain areas and then waiting to kill invaders. This was a huge problem in WD1. I love that the drone almost 100% prevents this.

Exactly my point. I'm not advocating getting rid of it completely, just make it available only to the invader as an anti-camping tool. The target shouldn't have access to it.

KmarkoPL
12-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Exactly my point. I'm not advocating getting rid of it completely, just make it available only to the invader as an anti-camping tool. The target shouldn't have access to it.
Stupid idea ever!!
Take parking, three levels high, I had hacker hiding in one of them, If I did not had a drone, I would not be able to find him by the time !
And No! There was no surveillance cameras either !
This game is more vertical than WD1, and drone must stay !
As I said !
If you don't know how to use any area to your advantage and hide so you cannot be spotted by drone ? That is your problem !

A_Colder_Vision
12-22-2016, 07:10 PM
That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. But your example is a moot point. There were multilevel parking garages in WD1, too. Sure, some had cameras, but it was very easy to stay out of view of them to render them ineffective. So, if you had time to open your drone to get there, you had enough time to get in a car and get there, too. Parking garage hacks are historically the most difficult hack to find your invader in WD1 because of the multilevel juking opportunities, but by no means were they impossible to be successful. It just took some skill. If anything, you proved with your example how easy it is to claim victory. No skill required. Just launch a drone.

Assuming you were good at finding your invader in WD1, you were so without the drone. Why do you need one now?

Bishop_Blu-ray
12-22-2016, 11:42 PM
At this point I view Watch Dogs 2 as a great open world game. A lot of fun to play from start to finish and do all the missions. Once that is done, there isn't much left for me to do as the Online Hacking isn't entertaining. I don't know if things can be changed to make it better, but at this point I just doubt it. What kept me coming back to Watch Dogs 1 after the game was done was the Online Hacking. That simply isn't there in WD 2, it's a game I'll play as new content comes out from the season pass, but that's as much as I can see myself playing this game.

I gave it a good long shot, 282 successful Online Hacks according to the U-Play stats, but it's just boring. I'll keep on hacking in Watch Dogs 1 since that is the mode I enjoy.

Watch Dogs 2 = an excellent open world game. Watch Dogs 1 = a good open world game with a great, entertaining an addictive Online mode system. I view these two games completely different for these reasons. Replay value is still significantly higher in WD 1 for me.

A_Colder_Vision
12-23-2016, 12:18 AM
Watch Dogs 2 = an excellent open world game. Watch Dogs 1 = a good open world game with a great, entertaining an addictive Online mode system. I view these two games completely different for these reasons. Replay value is still significantly higher in WD 1 for me.

Spot on! Agreed!