PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Proposal: YourBoySerge Rifle

Deebz__
12-19-2016, 05:38 AM
I'm sure everyone here knows about this rifle. In fact, I have yet to meet any semi-experienced player in bounty hunter mode who doesn't have it. It's the single most powerful weapon in the game, with the ability to instantly kill anyone from two and a half blocks away.

At release, this rifle was stupidly OP. It could shoot through entire rows of buildings, and instantly destroy any vehicle if you had the the Keen Eye perk. These issues have been resolved in the latest patch, with the abilities to shoot through almost any wall and wreck any vehicle being significantly nerfed. This is a step in the right direction. However, the fact still remains that it can one-shot anyone from a huge distance. Here's my proposal to balance this out.

Give the bullet some travel time. Make it take a full second for a shot to reach the rifle's maximum range. This will force players to lead their shots on moving targets. Also if you're in a sniper duel with someone, this would give you a small chance to take cover between seeing muzzle flash and death screen.

Perhaps have damage be reduced over long distances. At maximum range, a single torso shot should take most of your health rather than instantly kill you.

I also think the time between shots should be multiplied by 1.5x. As of right now, it is a perfectly viable close range weapon for someone with good aim. With the time between shots being increased a bit, it will encourage players to use weapons more suited to the close range role.

That's all I have for right now. Hopefully someone from Ubisoft will take my suggestions into consideration. :)

Ubi-Iudex
12-20-2016, 02:40 AM
Hi Deebz__!

Thanks for sharing these suggestions. We are constantly listening to our players and taking their suggestions into consideration when developing patches for the game. I'll be sure to share these along as well :)