PDA

View Full Version : Fuze. The buff he needs, but not he deserves.

thekiwininja
12-18-2016, 04:59 AM
When the devs were creating this game, I imagine one of the designers was like "hmm, what if there was a way to force defenders to change positions, and cause mass panick giving the attacking team a chance to strike hard without moving themselves". Boom, Fuze was born!

The way I described is the way the devs keep seeming to describe fuze, a way to flush out attackers from a zone, or die. The problem is, this isn't was fuze accomplishes. Admit it, right now fuze is just a "plant here, hope for the best, and good luck" kind of guy. Sure he can be played a bit more tactically, say you could drone the area, figure out where they are, mark them and then fuze that spot and get some kills. The problem is, I don't believe this was the way Fuze was meant to be played. Going back to my original statement, imagine you're attacking, you know a guy or guys are in a corner, or behind reinforced walls in a well fortified room. Fuze is designed to get those guys out of there, so you can kill them, and not him. If they don't move, well then they deserve it.

So how to fix it? Firstly, keep the new changes made to him. Then make the grenades a bit less bouncy, meaning the don't reach very far from the original point of the charge. After that, increase the "fuse" (no pun intended) timer on the grenades, meaning they detonate after a longer period of time then before. This should allow even 3 armor characters, who are the slowest of the operators, to move out of the way of danger. It should be "move or die", not "move and maybe you won't die or die". This forces defenders to actually move out of an area, and if teammates are in position as they should, some good kills should come out of it. Just the way I believe Fuze was intended to be.

If for some reason you feel this isn't a buff enough you can make it able to work on reinforced walls. Right now, reinforced walls give Fuze limited options to put his charges, leaving the objective of his main purpose to be either extremely difficult or impossible to achieve in a fair number of situations. Allowing his gadget to work on reinforced walls would vastly improve his array of situations. But after some chat with people on the steam forums, this might be a bit too much. And I go back on forth on whether this is a good idea.

Agree or disagree, completely or partially? I'm open to suggestions and your thoughts in the comments ;3.

Dikke_Neus
12-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Fuze's buff is good, he just didn't need a third cluster charge.

The only changes I would agree on, is a bit slower cluster nade launch( a bit more time between each launch), so defenders have more time to shoot the cluster.

And a 'grenade warning' on the defenders HUD, to better locate the 'pucks' and being able to actually run away from them.

I believe this would make it more 'Dynamic' and less frustrating...

richo63uk
12-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Fuze's buff is good, he just didn't need a third cluster charge.

The only changes I would agree on, is a bit slower cluster nade launch( a bit more time between each launch), so defenders have more time to shoot the cluster.

And a 'grenade warning' on the defenders HUD, to better locate the 'pucks' and being able to actually run away from them.

I believe this would make it more 'Dynamic' and less frustrating...

I thought the buff was going to be an additional cluster bomb per charge NOT 2 to 3 cluster charges.

I think an additional way to mix this up with fuze is to have each cluster bomb have a different type of charge. If he detonates 4 mines per cluster, then have 2 explosive, 1 stun and the last smoke.