PDA

View Full Version : Berserker need tips against good Orochis

UplayCroma
12-18-2016, 01:29 AM
I met a godlike Orochi who constantly just used the super dodge thing on every single one of my attacks.

If I dodged on of her attacks with my dodge-attack, she just does that ability.

Couldn't guardbreak her since she's too fast and interrupts me with light attacks..

I'm not a very good blocker and I know that would've changed a lot but what else am I supposed to do?

Yggdrasil_67
12-20-2016, 12:53 AM
I never played Berzerker so I can only give general advice. And then I'm not even sure they are good because I haven't fought a really competent Orochi yet.

- Don't use vertical attacks, or at least not very often. They are the easiest to dodge.
- Stay proactive, if they block a heavy attack, it's time to mix up with a light or go for a guard break,
- But don't be afraid to let go of the pressure if it means not getting dodged/counter attacked, but I suppose your problem is that you're the one getting pressured and they dodge before you can start pressuring
- Orochis are good up close but can't do much at non guard break range
- Probably try to find a way to bait their storm rush without leaving yourself open (light attacks work but not every time I think) and then parry it
- You have tools, too. Use them. Even the Warden's shoulder bash can be used against an Orochi, but the trick is to not rely on your unique abilities so as to not let them get used to you.

I'm not a very good blocker and I know that would've changed a lot but what else am I supposed to do?
Now that's a problem that'll give you trouble against any quick attackers (assassins, conqueror and valkyrie)

Dark-Thomy
12-20-2016, 08:05 AM
Riader 's light attacks are actually pretty fast and Berserker is also pretty fast.

Sors_Rapax
12-30-2016, 04:57 AM
Here's some of my berserker gameplay from the closed alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pu87SrK5wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5srbOxYgw

Myton.
01-05-2017, 09:27 AM
nice, i liked thouse films, and as i can see, the samurai is the one that looses the most, but i guess that also is al about the player. but berserker looks awesome, wish it was few more execution on the finsih, not only that one. good movies.

PowerSenpai
01-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Berserker has superior attack speed compared to Orochi in terms of light attacks. A general rule of thumb against opponents who typically abuses side dodge attacks, you would start up a heavy and feint it and parry the opponent as you now know the direction and timing of their attack. If the Orochi abuses storm rush, you do the same thing.

If you are having issues blocking, then you need to start practicing. Without having good control of this mechanic, you will have a severe disadvantage in battle.

N0chtflam1r
01-27-2017, 08:08 AM
I'm about 50/50 with berserker vs orochi. I usually close in with sprinting and heavy attack, not locked, then whirling blades, followed by whatever. Hardest part is getting inside her max range.

YOGZULA
01-27-2017, 04:04 PM
The window for parrying and deflecting seems much wider in this beta than it was in alpha 2. I had the same experience against an orochi. It's just another layer of the rock/paper/scissors

If you think they're going to be deflecting your attack, you need to learn how to feint. Feinting, I think, is the hardest technique to pick up and start incorporating into your play. In many ways it's the most dangerous thing to do in terms of risk/reward

You need to read what your opponent is going to do

Guard break -> you attack them
feint -> you attack them
block -> you guard break them
attack -> you block/parry/deflect them
parry/deflect -> you feint or guard break
dodge -> you guard break, feint or just wait

an important thing to do is remaining unpredictable and mixing up your approach while reading what you think your enemy will do. In this case, your enemy seemed to deflect you constantly. You responded by wanting to guard break, she responded by countering your breaks by either being quick with the button press because it was predictable, or by attacking you to punish you for trying. You needed to mix up your approach by mixing in feints AND committed attacks AND guard breaks. Against a good opponent on the defensive, you will need all 3.

Snowju
01-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Here's some of my berserker gameplay from the closed alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pu87SrK5wA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5srbOxYgw

These videos don't really help. All I see is you spamming attacks and not getting punished for it. Decent Orochi's will eat you up. I, like the OP, want to see higher level Berserker play to have an idea of what our play should look like against a player who actually blocks -> counters our attack.

whirly5
01-30-2017, 07:27 PM
I met a godlike Orochi who constantly just used the super dodge thing on every single one of my attacks.

which super dodge thing do you mean? they have names, you know? now we can only assume what you mean ;)