PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Deaths In Gaming

Bodark Zulu
12-17-2016, 04:06 PM
To me these were the most emotional times for me when a character died in a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZ-2BkFOm0

UbiKeeba
12-19-2016, 04:06 PM
This list has a serious lack of Aeris from FFVII. The rest, absolutely... but man... I don't think I've ever been more upset when a character died... mostly because I'd spent so much time leveling her up just to have all of that work wasted. lol

HalStep
12-19-2016, 05:42 PM
This list has a serious lack of Aeris from FFVII. The rest, absolutely... but man... I don't think I've ever been more upset when a character died... mostly because I'd spent so much time leveling her up just to have all of that work wasted. lol

first thing i thought of as well,that or the end of crisis core.

UbiKeeba
12-19-2016, 07:30 PM
OMG DON'T BRING UP CRISIS CORE

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

HalStep
12-19-2016, 08:03 PM
if they get to you and your into Japanese anime films do NOT upon any circumstances watch grave of the fireflies.it is the single most saddest/depressing/heart breaking thing i have ever seen in my life.

seriously,i'm not joking.it'll make you depressed after watching it even if your not prone to it.

UbiKeeba
12-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh, I had a friend warn me about that one a long time ago. I'm a mom and am VERY sensitive when it comes to tragedy befalling children. As soon as it released he was like, "Stay away from it... stay away like it carries the plague".. and I have done that. lol

HalStep
12-19-2016, 08:17 PM
oh as a mother it would destroy you,i can be cold when it comes to these things in films/tv/games but this film is so well animated and the characters endearing,add in the happy ending trope you would normally expect.it doesn't even blind side you,it keeps ratcheting up the misery slowly but you keep waiting for the turn around that never comes apart from a couple of brief moments.

"stay away like it carries the plague" is very sound advice.

UbiKeeba
12-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I love Studio Ghibli stuff... but I'll be ok without that one. lol

Bodark Zulu
12-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Ah man I'm so out of the loop lol . I haven't played that FF or Crisis Core . Are the endings that sad :0 :l ?

UbiKeeba
12-20-2016, 04:53 PM
The sad death in FFVII is not at the end, but about halfway through :(

Crisis Core is a gut punch to the feels.

Bodark Zulu
12-20-2016, 05:16 PM
R.I.P. To the Fallen

kestrel487rfy
02-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Dom in Gears of War 3 (sacrificing himself to give the team a win - hero moment)

and his wife Maria in Gears 2 (he had to kill her - really moving dark scene)

Bodark Zulu
02-02-2017, 04:17 AM
Dom in Gears of War 3 (sacrificing himself to give the team a win - hero moment)

and his wife Maria in Gears 2 (he had to kill her - really moving dark scene)

That scene with his wife kinda got to me man the :( first time I saw it, but when he died it just felt like a story had just ended.