PDA

View Full Version : interesting tour (PC Gamer Demo) via boat

CptLong
03-14-2004, 06:27 PM
I could never survive the second chopper in demo. Seems its an automatic death as soon as you near the sand bar close to where the 2 mercs guard the boat. Even giving myself zero damage in scripts (god mode) I'd still die. So I scriped out the chopper by remaning the "heli" iua files. Went ang procured the gun boat. So I cruised around and watched pop up scenery and islands. Way way around east to north to west, I found 2 guys and a bi-pod machine gun on the beach. Farther around, I found another boat, and 2 more mercs. One I killed, the other wouldn't die. I stood in front of him with unlimited ammo, and held down the trigger. I watched him go through his death and gore animations over and over, only to return to full health. So I left him and explored out to sea for miles. I finally died when I stepped off to explore a far distant island. {..hate it). Oh well, it was quite an adventure.

CptLong
03-14-2004, 06:27 PM
I could never survive the second chopper in demo. Seems its an automatic death as soon as you near the sand bar close to where the 2 mercs guard the boat. Even giving myself zero damage in scripts (god mode) I'd still die. So I scriped out the chopper by remaning the "heli" iua files. Went ang procured the gun boat. So I cruised around and watched pop up scenery and islands. Way way around east to north to west, I found 2 guys and a bi-pod machine gun on the beach. Farther around, I found another boat, and 2 more mercs. One I killed, the other wouldn't die. I stood in front of him with unlimited ammo, and held down the trigger. I watched him go through his death and gore animations over and over, only to return to full health. So I left him and explored out to sea for miles. I finally died when I stepped off to explore a far distant island. {..hate it). Oh well, it was quite an adventure.

Greenw0d
03-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey, how do you take out chopper?
I can't fnd the heli.iua file.

Jetenginedr
03-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Go to single player demo forum and look for:

FARCRY demo tweaks,cheats,mods sticky thread

CartoonCorpse
03-15-2004, 07:22 AM
I shoot the two guards and steal the boat. no problem. i tried shooting the heli to no effect. in the first demo, i learned you could take out the chooper with about 200 rounds of gunboat ammo. (did it twice). rockets to, if it's not moving, sniper rifle, rocket launcher (hand held) or some combo also worked.

in demo 1, if you go all the way to the far side of the map (past the place where the boat is in dry dock). there's a gunboat, every time i snipe the dudes, and steal it, i get 'insta' death from heli? i like to steal all the vehicles, 4 gunboats, zodiac, and dune buggy (use the dune buggy to free grounded boats!), and park them over at back entrance to island.

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

CptLong
03-15-2004, 04:00 PM
I take it that we're all talking about different demos. I'm using the PC gamer Demo. The gun boats are the only vehicles (aside from choppers) in the demo. There's no way I know to take out the chopper by the gun boat. It doesn't even shoot, As soon as it appears over you, even in God Mode, game ends.
CptLong

R_A_G
03-15-2004, 04:33 PM
The chopper is not a threat...
...the gunner is. Snipe him.

CartoonCorpse
03-16-2004, 08:25 AM
i find in the pc gamer demo. if you snipe the yellow coveralls (commander?) and the radio first, then go over to the 2 dudes guarding the attack boat (reinforcements) sneakily, you can cap them easily (1 approach). then i can hit the heli (just hovering with no one around) with rockets as long as i want.

i took out helis in demo#1, with much effort, so i figured i could do it with pc gamer (demo#2) as well, if i just took the time.

in pc gamer demo, i haven't had much success if i didn't snipe those 2 first targets. actually i use the same tactic most successfully in both demos. cut communications...no reinforcements, usually. i think load gunshots attract them to sometimes though.

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

Zeagle
03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
If you shoot out the radios on the ground, you will never see the choppers, they can't call for backup without radios :-)

CptLong
03-17-2004, 04:34 PM
hmmm
I tried taking everybody out, including everyone in the cave facility and all radios. As soon as my feet hit the beach after the sandbar as I head towards the gunboat, the chopper appears around the corner, and it all goes black, even after hacking the script to be invincible. He never even shoots. Wierd.
CPTLong

CartoonCorpse
03-18-2004, 07:13 AM
that does sound weird. do you mean the game goes black? or you just die? I sneak up through the bushes to get quite close to the guards, then pop out and cap the one on right (reacts first), then the second, with the handgun. before they ever get off a shot., then jump in boat, spin around, shoot a rocket or two at heli, hovering alone, then proceed with mission.

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

CptLong
03-18-2004, 12:05 PM
I die
As soon as my feet hit the shore, just past the sand bar that sticks up out of the water, the chopper swing out from behind the cliff, and as soon as it hovers overhead, no apparant shots fired, I die. Now if I swim out to the island, and move around to see the boat, the chopper comes straight for me. Even with unlimited ammo and god mode, as soon as it flies overhead, I die. Thats why I took it out of the game, just so I could 'tool' around in the boat.
CPTLong

CartoonCorpse
03-18-2004, 12:42 PM
oh wait. i take out the yellow coveralls guy and the beach radio only (well maybe a coupla mercs too on beach, if they don't grab good cover)...then i go after the patrol boat guards. i don't clear the map first. i use that boat to get the rest of the beach group while standing offshore. and the ones that pursue me.

are you saying you clear the whole beach scene b4 going around to the heli, boat, 2 guards area?

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

CptLong
03-18-2004, 12:52 PM
I've tried everything. I just finished the game on hard mode. I reinstalled to take out any cheats I had. This time I completed everything. I take out the radios first, no boats ever arrive. So, I cleared everything, got to the exit door, then back-tracked and swam out to the island. I got to where I could see the 2 guards with the binoculars. As soon as I did the chopper appeared..keep in mind how far away it and the boat is, I started laying down fire on the chopper. I died as soon as I began to fire. I was concealed in the bushes, and it was still way over on the far shore..
Oh well, I'll just wait for the full game, and go on.
CPTLong