PDA

View Full Version : [PSVR] PS4 Pro Lockup Issue

TheFatherMind
12-13-2016, 10:58 AM
This issue is known but they are still collecting information on it. So I thought I would post my experience with it. It locks up on me several times a night. Tonight I had an interesting one. We had finished a game and were returning to the lobby. I saw people popping in one by one. I must have been the first one or in the waiting seat. Almost everyone had popped in and then suddenly it locked up. In my glasses I could see the locked scene but everything was frozen. I then had to power down the PS4.

Another time tonight I started up the game from scratch.. Went directly to quick join and the moment I joined I heard the boom sound and LOCK.. Never saw a thing. Just heard the sound and black. Had to power off my PS4. To be clear this was during a quick join. So it seems like when a new player is quick joining with a PS4 Pro they have the potential to lock up the game for everyone. FYI my bandwidth is amazing I have 100mb/20mb and a high end router with Tomato on it My modem is in bridge mode.

Another one.. I entered a game. sat in queue.. 2 people came and left because their mics did not work. It was my turn. I came into the room and my mic did not work ether. so I quit.. the screen went black and my whole PlayStation seized up.

UbiCeeCee
12-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Hey TheFatherMind,

Thanks for reporting this! This is currently on our list of known issues and are investigating.

A workaround for this would be to disable your HDCP when playing Werewolves Within as well as some other PSVR titles with the PS4 Pro. You might need to re-enable it outside of the game as it is needed when using streaming apps like Netflix or Hulu.

TheFatherMind
12-15-2016, 06:40 PM
For anyone reading this thread..

Disable HDCP in the PS4 settings area under "System".

To Ubi...
WHY IS THIS INFORMATION NOT A PINNED POST! WHY IS IT NOT NEXT TO THE NOTATION IN THE KNOWN ISSUES AREA???
(Very very sorry for the all caps.. BUT I WAS YELLING!)

TheFatherMind
12-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Okay I just wanted to you let you all know that despite setting the HDCP off.. I am STILL completely locking up multiple times.

I would really like to know when Ubi is going to patch this. It is really obnoxious and cannot be good for my PS4.

TheFatherMind
12-23-2016, 12:26 AM
Just wanted to update Ubi on this issue. v1.02 just installed. I played the game. 30 minutes after the update the system totally seized again. This issue is NOT fixed yet. So I ask again.. When do you guys suppose this will be fixed?

TheFatherMind
12-23-2016, 07:33 AM
I just started up my PS4 Pro.. Went directly to the game. Did a quick join. Heard the pop sound of the join but the screen stayed black. I had to completely power off my PS4 and never once actually saw a game session. It froze on my very first join.

LetoAtreides82
12-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Before yesterday's patch I played for twelve hours and it never froze on my Pro. Happened two times to me yesterday after yesterday's patch, and happened to me three times today. Yesterday I thought it only happens when trying to rejoin the lobby but today I froze twice from just going from one round to the next.
By the way you don't have to unplug the Pro, you can just hold the power button for like 20 seconds and it shuts off. I think this way is safer than unplugging. I think this freeze bug should be top priority, it can't be good having to power off your PS4.

TheFatherMind
12-24-2016, 12:01 AM
I did neglect to mention holding the power button as an option. Thank you for mentioning that as I believe it will help many people who stumble across this thread.

I had created a ticket with Ubi about this issue. I inquired as to when they plan to fix it. So far the ticket has been politely ignored.

I really would love to know when they plan on fixing it. If not soon they should change their specs to show that it is NOT compatible with the PS4 Pro. Had I known this was a problem I would have waited to switch to mine. Considering that this game will likely be gifted to a lot of people in a couple days..

TheFatherMind
12-24-2016, 06:36 AM
Here is a new one. Started the game and it locked up on the "Made with Unity" intro page. Never even made it into the game.

Side note: having to log into this forum/site every time I want to post is so tedious. Why can it not just remember who I am? My computer is secure.

LetoAtreides82
12-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Here is a new one. Started the game and it locked up on the "Made with Unity" intro page. Never even made it into the game.

Side note: having to log into this forum/site every time I want to post is so tedious. Why can it not just remember who I am? My computer is secure.

Have you tried booting into safe mode (from a powered off PS4 plug in a controller and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you hear the beep) and rebuilding the database?

TheFatherMind
12-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Have you tried booting into safe mode (from a powered off PS4 plug in a controller and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you hear the beep) and rebuilding the database?

Why would I do that? This is a known bug that is originating ONLY from the Werewolves Within game. Otherwise the PS4 runs great!! It is just this random nightly lockup issue with Werewolves within that is making us crazy. It would be a lot more tolerable if Ubi would give us some indication that it is going to be fixed and in how long.

robdot
01-01-2017, 02:53 AM
Hey TheFatherMind,

Thanks for reporting this! This is currently on our list of known issues and are investigating.

A workaround for this would be to disable your HDCP when playing Werewolves Within as well as some other PSVR titles with the PS4 Pro. You might need to re-enable it outside of the game as it is needed when using streaming apps like Netflix or Hulu.

I too am having this issue, mine locks up at the end of the game,after the vote when the screen goes black,it just freezes there. If you don't fix this, the population is going to die.

robdot
01-01-2017, 02:58 AM
My pro locks up after the voting ends,at the black screen. I have disabled hdcp ,but that has not fixed my issue. If you don't fix this, the population will simply go away to play something else.

robdot
01-01-2017, 02:59 AM
I too am having this issue, mine locks up at the end of the game,after the vote when the screen goes black,it just freezes there. If you don't fix this, the population is going to die.
I have disabled hdcp, that has not fixed my issue.

LetoAtreides82
01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
The total freeze between matches is still happening on my Pro even after disabling HDCP. It's very frustrating when you are in a good group and then you lose your seat because of the freeze.

UbiSkyBear
01-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone! We are actively working with Sony on a fix for PS4 Pro players. We really appreciate your patience as we work through this with Sony and will give you an update as soon as possible!

TheFatherMind
01-13-2017, 11:47 PM

@LetoAtreides82 This is a known issue that Ubi seems to be ignoring. Here is the ironic part. Every time the PS4 Pro crashes it rebuilds the database. And it crashes 1 to 5 times a night while playing the game. You have to completely power off the PS4 Pro to get it to come back on. So YES I HAVE!!

@Ubi this is a very serious bug. Why have you not indicated when you are going to fix it? Why are you taking your time fixing it? Why did you release this game with so many OBVIOUS bugs that should have been caught in beta.

LetoAtreides82
01-14-2017, 11:04 PM
@LetoAtreides82 This is a known issue that Ubi seems to be ignoring. Here is the ironic part. Every time the PS4 Pro crashes it rebuilds the database. And it crashes 1 to 5 times a night while playing the game. You have to completely power off the PS4 Pro to get it to come back on. So YES I HAVE!!

@Ubi this is a very serious bug. Why have you not indicated when you are going to fix it? Why are you taking your time fixing it? Why did you release this game with so many OBVIOUS bugs that should have been caught in beta.

They posted an update yesterday saying they are targetting the PS4 Pro freeze bug patch for January 26.

TheFatherMind
01-15-2017, 01:24 AM
They posted an update yesterday saying they are targetting the PS4 Pro freeze bug patch for January 26.

Of course they do this the day after I re-purchase the game for the Vive. LOL

Now if we can only get them to fix the audio bug.

TheFatherMind
01-15-2017, 01:28 AM
Hi everyone! We are actively working with Sony on a fix for PS4 Pro players. We really appreciate your patience as we work through this with Sony and will give you an update as soon as possible!

Where is that update you promised us???? "As Soon AS Possible" I would assume means you would tell us just before or as you released the patch. Still waiting for you to inform us you think you fixed it.. I would like to remind you that your games would be NOTHING with its loyal followers. I am getting frustrated with your company. Your inability to communicate, and releasing broken games. The trick you pulled on me with Watchdogs 2 really set me off. I want my money back for that game.

AbandonedT
01-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Okay I just wanted to you let you all know that despite setting the HDCP off.. I am STILL completely locking up multiple times.

I would really like to know when Ubi is going to patch this. It is really obnoxious and cannot be good for my PS4.

I think the problem with Ubi suggesting the HDCP fix is that 'that' particular fix should lessen the amount of times us Pro users lose audio and video briefly. (Another thing that Sony themselves need to fix) However the problem Pro users are having is a hard lock on the machine, not just a simple drop out, which again is annoying and can make you seem VERY suspicious when it all blacks out and you don't hear anything for 5-10 seconds.

Hopefully this patch they say is coming on the 26th will fix the locks, but really Sony need to fix the audio/video drop out too that happens too often for my liking. I shouldn't have to disable HDCP every time I want to play a game and then enable every time I want to watch Netflix or use something like Vidzone.

UbiCeeCee
01-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Where is that update you promised us???? "As Soon AS Possible" I would assume means you would tell us just before or as you released the patch. Still waiting for you to inform us you think you fixed it.. I would like to remind you that your games would be NOTHING with its loyal followers. I am getting frustrated with your company. Your inability to communicate, and releasing broken games. The trick you pulled on me with Watchdogs 2 really set me off. I want my money back for that game.

Hi Thefathermind, We have been working quite vigilantly to have the Pro bug fixed as quickly as possible. We released information here on our forums on 1.13.17 letting the community know exactly when they can expect it to be deployed. In case you didn't read the thread, you can find that here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548384-Werewolves-Within-Patch-Release-Soon
You can also watch for updates on our Twitter account @UbisoftVR, in our weekly Twitch stream, the Werewolves Within Discord group, Werewolves Within PS4 Community located directly on the console, as well as information being shared on the many different subreddits that we frequent to support the community. If there's a channel that we missed that you frequent, let us know and we'll add that to the extensive list we communicate to.

TheFatherMind
01-24-2017, 03:29 AM
This issue is STILL NOT resolved. I see many people dropping off from it nightly.

UbiCeeCee.. I think you TOTALLY missed the point of what I was saying.
And that fact that you just had to link me to and tell me about information streams to find out what is happening after I have reported a problem to you only furthers my point. By now.. should I not ALREADY know about those information streams as Ubi and I have been in communication over a number of issues?

Please look into that. (: Try to understand what I am telling you.
Most importantly.. in this day and age.. I should not have to go to you for information. You seem to have no trouble sending me advertisements.. Why can you not also tell me when you have resolved an issue that is deeply troubling me? If you did.. I would think of you as customer focused.. someone who cares...

"We posted a sign at city hall for you... You did not go look at it?? Too bad."

~ Merlin

UbiCeeCee
01-26-2017, 12:25 AM
TheFatherMind, I gave you the list of options where you can find the latest information. We do not have the resources to send out personal messages about general game updates..

Hope you're enjoying the patch that we rolled out ahead of schedule as we detailed in the thread I previously linked.

TheFatherMind
01-26-2017, 01:16 AM
Well that was my point UbiCeeCee... YOU DO NOT HAVE RESOURCES..
If I message you and tell you I am having a problem.. You should have a trouble ticket system that will update me as the problem resolved. You close the ticket before the issue is resolved and basically just blow me off. No one even bothered to LINK me to one of your shared resources that talk about the problem. I needed you to show me them HERE. You, Ubi, should be bothered by that. AS it bothers us the users. As a gaming company your user community is your bread and butter. It is bad enough you are pre-releasing games at full price and pretending like they are finished games. You should be in full contact with your community and make them feel like they are a part of your process and connected to you.

And you post the results to this here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548384-Werewolves-Within-Patch-Release-Soon
But there is NO WAY for me to subscribe to the thread and get eMail updates when you post an update. Do you guys seriously expect us to hang on to your every word and go and check the page daily????

I am a very technical and helpful person. I started out wanting to help you solve your issues and give you help. But quickly that feeling moved to.. "why bother.. they are not listening and will just blow me off.". Is that REALLY the message you want to send?

And yes.. I had no lockups when I played on the PS4 last night. Was very happy with that. This is my most favorite game EVER.. Although the audio bug is making me crazy.. even worse the fact that you are not even acknowledging that this audio issue is a bug is annoying me.