PDA

View Full Version : Animus Pack

J0kerCell
12-09-2016, 11:14 PM
They change the package after one day and now it says Assassin's Creed 2 instead of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition. Can anyone confirm if this edition is included in the pack?

strigoi1958
12-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Sorry I did notice there was some great offers and some deluxe and gold editions included with big discounts but I didn't notice if ac 2 was deluxe or not

hrahul16
12-10-2016, 12:56 PM
The change the package after one day and now it says Assassin's Creed 2 instead of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition. Can anyone confirm if this edition is included in the pack?

Ive noticed it as well...and now im thinking twice before getting it..probably wait a while before others can confirm it

J0kerCell
12-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Ive noticed it as well...and now im thinking twice before getting it..probably wait a while before others can confirm it

Yeah I wanted to buy it the first day but i couldn't connect to the server. Even the price was 85 euros, they didn't only increased the price but they removed content too. Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold Edition was included but they replaced it with the standard edition + lost archive dlc. What happened between day 1 and 2 that made them change the product?

Black_Widow9
12-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Can you please post a link to where you're looking?

Thanks!

J0kerCell
12-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Thanks, kind of odd question though, I'm talking about the animus pack and there's only one thing to look.

http://store.ubi.com/eu/assassin-s-creed--animus-pack/58454471ef3aa535728b4567.html

Also it would be a good idea to include the season pass of Black Flag, in Europe we only have the deluxe edition, only US has the Gold Edition, so this pack is incomplete.

matouivre
12-11-2016, 07:48 AM
@J0kerCell you are correct in the first two days, the pricing on the crazy deals page was 84.99 euro and the discount shown was 73%. The Animus pack included AC2 Deluxe (not present anymore), AC2 Revelations Gold Edition (again, removed for EU) and AC4 Gold (also removed, because, EU doesn't matter). Probably the usual Ubi fragups, but i still do not get why US has basically a complete edition of AC and EU is treated like a second-class citizen.

One step forward, two steps back seems to be Ubi's policy. Does something right, gets some goodwill and than does something stupid and loses all that goodwill and their rep suffers even more. Shame, as i intended to buy the pack (despite having quite a bit from it). Guess that i will keep my money for something else.

J0kerCell
12-11-2016, 07:38 PM
I agree 100%, it's like ubisoft doesn't care about potential buyers at all

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Hello all,

there was indeed an error on some shops the first day the pack has been released (mostly conversion issues, the 84.99 is actually the price in ).

Regarding the content, it is exactly the same for both Europe and US regions.
AC2 and Revelations are standard versions, simply because there is no more Deluxe/Gold editions for this games on Uplay Shop. If there is a problem with the wording, it should be on US shop side, and it will hopefully be updated.
I contacted the Shop department to make sure we have the right content on the EU Shop, and they confirmed it is correct.

so we have AC2 regular version, Revelations regular version + The Lost Archives DLC

Sorry for the inconvenience

J0kerCell
12-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the response, but I can't really understand why you chose to sell AC 2 Standard Edition. Is it the same as the deluxe after all these years? Did Ubisoft updated the game with all the content of the deluxe edition? If no, you really should update the pack with the deluxe edition again, it makes the people that want to buy the complete pack rethink it.

matouivre
12-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Lovely to see those incomplete installers. AC4 Gold Edition had almost everything. You were missing the community events reward (which should be for sale, as there ar no other means to get them in our days), the Initiates rewards (which should be added automatically for free, as the site is gone and you can't get them anymore and the DLC's that were available only if you bought action figures.

Funny thing, the pirates have all the content unlocked, while we, the people that bought the game, we are missing content and have no alternative to purchase it.

The AC2 Deluxe has three extra-maps and some objects, AC Revelations Gold hasd three DLC included (two of them were for MP).

It's lovely to see Ubi selling even more incomplete versions of their games, practivally begging the potential customers to go away. And is even more puzzling to see a Ubi representative not being aware of the differences between various editions.

It also puzzling why Ubi is punishing the paying customers, leaving them with no possibility to buy the content that is not available due to the service interruptions (AC Initiates, a platform that was used for Black Flag and Unity, the AC Companion apps or the McFarlane toys which were something that not many people wanted - we would have preferred to be able to get the DLC's and that's it).

So, please, allow us to purchase the DLC's that are not available anymore because various reasons. So unnatural to beg to give money to someone and to be told to go away....

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 05:26 PM
I don't know why community events are no longer active, maybe because there is such a very very small amount of people playing AC4 now, which is a shame because I loved the sailing so much I never fast travelled anywhere :)

In all the years I've played games I've only ever completed 2 games to 100% completion, and both of them were unintentional, it just happened while I was playing those games over and over. I don't understand why some people are obsessed by having a 100% completion or even a reward or badge for a 100% but I guess companies could find a way to give completions to fans, of course it would mean others who worked hard to get it will not be happy and will question the point in future when they can just get the 100% later.

(also please don't mention piracy as it can lead to a ban)

I see no problem with selling DLC as long as it was not part of a Limited Edition. I know some people pay a lot of money for some editions, yes they come with some DLC and collectables and extras, but people get upset if the edition they paid extra to be exclusive, just gets sold at a cheap price later, making their game less exclusive. I'm sure there are reasons why some content is available while some is not.

AC initiates was good but it was never a full running site, it was in beta testing, and has been replaced, I think the AC companion app was not liked enough and all the chests in unity were unlocked.

matouivre
12-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Thing is...game content should be available for everyone. I can understand physical rewards being available only for certain people. That is fair. But game content should be available for a fee or otherwise to everyone.

Also, at Ubi, the Limited Edition content is usually available in Season Passes or Gold Editions or whatever edition. The missing content for AC4 comes from the AC Initiates and the DLC's that were made available only if you bought an action figure from the McFarlane's toy line. For AC Unity, the missing content comes from AC Initiates and the app. AC2 and AC2: Revelations missing content was previously available.

They could at least add automatically the AC Initiates/app content for free (as it was given previously, when the site actually worked - for some reasons it never worked for me and i was never able to sync my game library with the site) and they could make a pack with the DLC's given to the toys owners and put it for sale. I know they are mostly items, but if you are a completionist and not interested in some very expensive toys, you'd like to have the possibility to buy those DLC's.

I will add here the AC: Unity assassinscreed.com/unite site rewards that are not available anymore as the site is gone. We have actions and rewards linked to that and we can't do them or get the rewards because they are linked to that site. That's why some stuff (achievements, rewards) should not be linked to online. When the online elements disappears you are left with an incomplete game.