PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Issues: Ratings & Sound

Whiteburne
08-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Gameplay issues:

After an offline, rated, 10 min game, I got a message stating that my standard and blitz rating had been adjusted. Then I played a 3 min game and got the same type of message. Should blitz and standard ratings be affected by a single game? I don’t see anything in the manual about blitz and bullet ratings being tracked in offline mode (as they were in 9000). Although I get messages saying my blitz/bullet ratings have been adjusted, there is no tracking of these games in “Player Statistics” or anywhere else I can find.

Other than the animated boards, are the thematic sounds for every board the same, and not include sounds for captures, castling, en passant, check, stalemate, or checkmate?

Are you able to control the sounds in CM10 through the Windows Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds Tab > Program Events? I do not have a Chessmaster program event category on the XP systems I have installed it on.

Thanks for any feedback.

Whiteburne
08-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Gameplay issues:

After an offline, rated, 10 min game, I got a message stating that my standard and blitz rating had been adjusted. Then I played a 3 min game and got the same type of message. Should blitz and standard ratings be affected by a single game? I don’t see anything in the manual about blitz and bullet ratings being tracked in offline mode (as they were in 9000). Although I get messages saying my blitz/bullet ratings have been adjusted, there is no tracking of these games in “Player Statistics” or anywhere else I can find.

Other than the animated boards, are the thematic sounds for every board the same, and not include sounds for captures, castling, en passant, check, stalemate, or checkmate?

Are you able to control the sounds in CM10 through the Windows Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds Tab > Program Events? I do not have a Chessmaster program event category on the XP systems I have installed it on.

Thanks for any feedback.