PDA

View Full Version : Closed beta: JANUARY + new logo's image

Haemmerst0rm
12-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Hello guys

According reddit, the beta will come in January. It is confirmed by a famous game-player named FightinCowboy.

Link for reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5g2ery/keep_your_eyes_out_for_new_gameplay_from_big/

Link for beta date: https://gyazo.com/2a59c269b1243b66cabb600e9b182d33

I am quite a bit sad tho, because i have exams in Belgium from 13 january through 20 january :( :D

Greetings
A knight!

whovie
12-05-2016, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDiJhqhYuog

Dez_troi_aR
12-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuh...

I am generally ready to hype but can't help to question the truth content of these news. That FightingCowboy-guy just dropped "Closed Beta coming in Jan" in some twitter comment section. Why should we believe him ?

How do you like the new logos ? I liked the old viking logo much more.
(Though, were is the official statement that these are really new and the dominant ones now?)

Seriously, if they are doing a press conference they should somehow channel the news to the public in an easily accessible manner.
Give me a damn pdf if you are old fashioned, but don't leave me standing in the dark with my only news source beeing random stuff random people post somewhere on twitter. Is my name Donald Trump? (Nope, it's Deztroiar, named after my grand-grandfather)

ksatnodesaelp
12-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Not that I believe him but if the beta isn't happening this month, or in january then when is it going to be? The game is supposed to be out by february 14.

whovie
12-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Not that I believe him but if the beta isn't happening this month, or in january then when is it going to be? The game is supposed to be out by february 14.

This is my thinking. I cant remember how much of a heads up we got for the alpha but I feel like if the beta is in December we would know by now and if the beta is in February it would defeat the point of it. So January seems the only logical option at the moment. I mean Fredex could just tell us and put this all to bed.

Haemmerst0rm
12-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Or there is no beta? :D No, just kidding!

They will probably do it in January, but i do prefer at Christmas so i can play a bit in the evening :D Instead of in January during my exams...

CaptainPwnet
12-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Well as for prior notice, the last alpha had 0 for me In fact you could say there was a deficit of prior notice lol. Granted I wasn't actively searching for news at the time. But I had noticed people were streaming it on twitch one day, and then the next day I got an email saying I was invited. So i'm not sure what was up with that, like were some people allowed in a day earlier for some reason? But either way they really should have given notice to those invited at least a few days before the actual start of the test.

My point being I'm kind of expecting to just see an invite in my email on a Thursday telling me I'm invited to the beta that starts that day or the next. Not really complaining btw, was an awesome little surprise when I got that email since I'd been waiting for this game for so long. But a friend of mine had made plans for that weekend already and couldn't get nearly as much time with the game as he had wanted. If he had known about it sooner then I'm sure he would have cleared his weekend for it. My friend can't be the only one that was in a similar situation that weekend.

Dez_troi_aR
12-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Got a point.
I was very optimistic to finally getting a chance to play For Honore and therefor never questioned the beta taking place in december. January is still pretty close to release, considering they will need a week or so to evaluate data, then draw conclusions, find an alternative, test that again...
If they still are on a schedule (might not be the case, who knows) december would have been the more reasonable choice. Many people having some free days between christmas and newyears eve --> time to game, they can start the work based on that data after the christmas break.

Just me speculating about things i have no clue of ;)

The real question is: Why are people on the forum still debating speculative game modes when we have this new piece of information on a possible beta date :D ?

whovie
12-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Well as for prior notice, the last alpha had 0 for me In fact you could say there was a deficit of prior notice lol. Granted I wasn't actively searching for news at the time. But I had noticed people were streaming it on twitch one day, and then the next day I got an email saying I was invited. So i'm not sure what was up with that, like were some people allowed in a day earlier for some reason? But either way they really should have given notice to those invited at least a few days before the actual start of the test.

I got an email about the alpha a couple weeks in advance because i did request off from work that weekend so if they were giving the same notice for the beta then i'd be expecting an email this week if it were in December and a couple weeks if it were in January.

Haemmerst0rm
12-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Got a point.
I was very optimistic to finally getting a chance to play For Honore and therefor never questioned the beta taking place in december. January is still pretty close to release, considering they will need a week or so to evaluate data, then draw conclusions, find an alternative, test that again...
If they still are on a schedule (might not be the case, who knows) december would have been the more reasonable choice. Many people having some free days between christmas and newyears eve --> time to game, they can start the work based on that data after the christmas break.

Just me speculating about things i have no clue of ;)

The real question is: Why are people on the forum still debating speculative game modes when we have this new piece of information on a possible beta date :D ?

But what if the For Honor-Team is also taking a few days off in the period between christmas and new years eve? :p They have family too and since most of the speculations about the beta is in January... xD

Joe_Corleone
12-06-2016, 10:39 PM
The Steep beta didn't happen until 2 weeks before the game came out. Granted it was an open beta. I'm sure that they have been hammering out the bugs for For Honor from the alpha test, and I'm just guessing the beta will be more of testing the servers than anything else.

Also that info could be completely wrong and we will get the beta this month. At this point the game is only 2 months from release so they have about 1 more month of polish then the game should go gold and into production for physical release.

Vordred
12-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Well as for prior notice, the last alpha had 0 for me In fact you could say there was a deficit of prior notice lol. Granted I wasn't actively searching for news at the time. But I had noticed people were streaming it on twitch one day, and then the next day I got an email saying I was invited. So i'm not sure what was up with that, like were some people allowed in a day earlier for some reason? But either way they really should have given notice to those invited at least a few days before the actual start of the test. .

yeah i knew nothing about it until i just the invite a day before the alpha, but then i don't frequent this forum much between tests, as there is little to no news, so i just check the forum once or twice a week to see if there is any new news. but i am itching to get another go at this game before release.

B4DD4WG
12-10-2016, 05:27 PM
I would say that they will do like most newer games. Open Beta a couple weeks before release. I don't know why they do that. It isn't really a beat, but more like a demo. To me a beta is suppose to last a week or two, at least. So Dev's can get vital info from server load, to feedback. But, the way most game do these "beta's", how could they get much help from a weekend beta, a week or two from release? It's marketing. Build hype, and give a demo. Not really a beta. But, I hold out hope for a real beta test..lol I admit, I'm a little hyped up for this one.

Dez_troi_aR
12-10-2016, 07:18 PM
I guess you are right B4DD4WG, most betas these days feel more like demos and are part of the marketing. Participation is often linked to buying another product or preordering.

There might be good reasons for this. One beeing that it pays off pretty good for the companies. The gamers might also deserve some critic because if they get their hands on something that seems flawed, they will start doing youtube rant videos and whatnot, so an actual open beta with unfinished things is also a risk because of possible bad publicity.

In this case however the late beta date is quite strange because they havent had any public testing of the other 6 heroes, which seemed to be needed considering the alpha.
But i could be wrong here. The balancing suggestions of some random beta/alpha testers who has played the game for 3 days are of little value (just look at the threads in this forum). The alpha might have included those heroes they were a little unsure about while they rely on closed testing for the rest of them.

We could ask the starplayers but i am pretty sure they are not allowed to talk about the balancing situation of the unrevealed chars.

Rain-Dragon
12-11-2016, 10:22 PM
I would say that they will do like most newer games. Open Beta a couple weeks before release. I don't know why they do that. It isn't really a beat, but more like a demo. To me a beta is suppose to last a week or two, at least. So Dev's can get vital info from server load, to feedback. But, the way most game do these "beta's", how could they get much help from a weekend beta, a week or two from release? It's marketing. Build hype, and give a demo. Not really a beta. But, I hold out hope for a real beta test..lol I admit, I'm a little hyped up for this one.

What you are talking about is an open beta, not a closed beta.

Derity
12-12-2016, 04:59 AM
"Closed Beta" weeks before release = Preorder Demo.

Dark-Thomy
12-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Hmm... Yeah, I'm a bit sad for the new logos..
Especially the knights one.

I really liked the idea of this sword being "rooted".