PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Spoken Audio Language

Sigfried.M
12-02-2016, 04:44 PM
I'm italian, but I prefer to have the game with english voices. Unfortunately, the game make me choose only italian.
If I set in english from Steam properties, then ALL the game is in english, not just voices.
How can I do?

I also tried a little trick: I made a back up of english voice files, then set back game in italian and paste english files, changing their name to match italian version, overwriting italian files, but nothing....characters were mute :D

The only solution for now, seems to set the whole game in english and enable italian subs. But in this way I have all menu, options etc in english.

Lysette88
12-02-2016, 06:38 PM
If you do not have a big problem with english - and I think you don't - it is maybe a good idea to have as well the subtitles in english. This might sound weird now to you, but it will help you to get better in english and it will become more natural to you over time, to listen to and read english as if it would be your native language. I am not a native english speaker myself and I basically learnt it to a lesser degree in school, but to a much bigger part from watching movies, documentaries, TV-shows and playing games in english. Later I moved to London, England, and living among the british people gave my english the Londoner vibe - you know, things like the soundless t,b,w and h - and nowadays it is my main language. Playing the game in full english will help you to make better use of the language throughout your life. It certainly is not a disadvantage to understand and eventually speak english fluently. Playing games can actually help you with perfecting your language skills.

Edit: well, I did not tell, why I think you should as well choose the subtitles in english. The reason is this: If you have both languages at the same time, your brain will naturally focus on your native language when you read it, and you take away the chance to start to think in english and understand it directly without to ever translate it. And this is the key step to becoming a fluent english speaker, you never translate, you understand it directly and you think and speak in english - this is the corner stone of getting fluent in the language.

DavGlen
12-03-2016, 04:09 AM
If you do not have a big problem with english - and I think you don't - it is maybe a good idea to have as well the subtitles in english. This might sound weird now to you, but it will help you to get better in english and it will become more natural to you over time, to listen to and read english as if it would be your native language. I am not a native english speaker myself and I basically learnt it to a lesser degree in school, but to a much bigger part from watching movies, documentaries, TV-shows and playing games in english. Later I moved to London, England, and living among the british people gave my english the Londoner vibe - you know, things like the soundless t,b,w and h - and nowadays it is my main language. Playing the game in full english will help you to make better use of the language throughout your life. It certainly is not a disadvantage to understand and eventually speak english fluently. Playing games can actually help you with perfecting your language skills.

Edit: well, I did not tell, why I think you should as well choose the subtitles in english. The reason is this: If you have both languages at the same time, your brain will naturally focus on your native language when you read it, and you take away the chance to start to think in english and understand it directly without to ever translate it. And this is the key step to becoming a fluent english speaker, you never translate, you understand it directly and you think and speak in english - this is the corner stone of getting fluent in the language.

Same here. I agree 100% with you, excellent answer.