PDA

View Full Version : [XBOne] Controller App on Samsung Galaxy S6 and Note 5 do not work

lmaFrickinBeast
11-28-2016, 06:16 AM
The controller app does not find my xbox. I have tried both automatic settings and manual IP settings and none of them made a difference. Smartglass works perfectly fine. Currently, My xbox is in the DMZ, with a static IP and so are my phones, one Samsung Galaxy S6 and one Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have emailed support and am awaiting an answer from them, but I am wanting to get this issue out there publicly too in hopes that someone has a solution to this problem...

DutchWarlocks
12-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Same problem here. I tried 3 different Android phone's and two different routers. Also tried fixed IP etc.
I also did exactly what Ubi says, first start game and go to find phone menu, then start phone app.

Please let me know if they reply with a solution.

lmaFrickinBeast
12-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Same problem here. I tried 3 different Android phone's and two different routers. Also tried fixed IP etc.
I also did exactly what Ubi says, first start game and go to find phone menu, then start phone app.

Please let me know if they reply with a solution.

They never replied. Go figure right? Got my money that's all that matters.

However, I figured it out on my own without anyone's help. $5 to PayPal will get you the fix.

JUST KIDDING.

Navigate these menus..

1. Settings
2. Preferences
3. Xbox app connections
4. Select Allow connections from any device.

Reboot and try again. Have fun!