PDA

View Full Version : PS4- Ambient Music Not Working

Revan742
11-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Some time ago, I made a post on the Far Cry 4 side of this forum about this very issue. Now, it seems as if the audio bug from that game that prevents ambient music from playing may have traveled all the way back to the stone age to infect Primal as well. As with the FC4 bug, all other audio works fine, including music that plays during missions, bonfire encounters, etc. This is a huge detractor from the amazing atmosphere of this game, and from the overall experience of playing it. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

UbiSeraphim
11-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Hey there Revan742, that's not a common concern for Far Cry Primal. Can you try uninstalling/reinstalling the game on your PS4?

If that doesn't fix the issue for you, you'll want to restore the PS4 database and see if that fixes the issue for you. It's similar to a computer disk defragmentor and will not affect any of your save data.

1) Turn off the PS4.
2) Once the PS4 is off, press and hold the power button until the PS4 beeps twice (this may take up to 10 seconds)
3) Connect the DualShock controller with a USB cable.
4) Once connected, press the PS button on the controller. You should now see the Safe Mode options on the PS4.
5) Select option "5. Rebuild Database" and press X.
6) "The database will be rebuilt, it might take a few hours to rebuild the database" will show on the screen, press "OK"
7) Allow the database to rebuild. Afterwards the console will return to the sign-in screen.

If that doesn't fix the issue for you, I suggest reaching out to our support team at https://support.ubi.com by clicking on "Contact Customer Support" so our technical team can further investigate this for you.

Revan742
11-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've not tried these yet, but I thought I'd just add that I have actually heard a bit of ambient music 2/3 times in about nine hours of playtime, though it was only brief, and only ever at night in-game